New bag policy - no bigger than A4?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LLB Part Deux

"The man who fucked up TFC" - Mick Cooper
So I normally ignore the emails from the club about match day, but I looked at tonights one and noticed:

A reminder for our fans regarding the change of bag policy at Wembley Stadium

We encourage fans to carefully read the following information ahead of attending any of our upcoming home matches, especially given we shall be running a similar bag policy at our new stadium – more on which we shall communicate in due course.

In summary, all ticket holders are prohibited from bringing a bag into the stadium unless it adheres to the Wembley Stadium regulations outlined as follows:

- Bags to be no larger than A4 in size
- Height 297mm (11.7 inches)
- Width 210mm (8.27 inches)
- Depth 210mm (8.27 inches)

Laptops permitted

Agreement has been reached for supporters to bring laptops into the stadium. Please note, although laptops cannot be stored in a bag that does not meet the criteria detailed above, laptop sleeves are permitted.

Is this completely new or has it been in place for months? So does that mean my relatively slimline 16"x12" laptop bag won't get in?

Given the amount of decent size laptop bags I see coming into the stadium during a weeknight, I'm getting a LOT of people will fall foul of this if they decide to implement it harshly.

What a terrible idea.

I haven't been on a work night since December. Anyone know if they've been enforcing it?

A friend of mine who takes cakes to games that she hand makes, had them confiscated at the Newcastle match as the bag they were in wasn't the right size and she was also heavily questioned about her diabetes medicine too.

She'd not had a problem before.

I think there was a drop off point for laptops when they first introduced it, but I'm not sure if there still is. Perhaps give Wembley or the TO a call.

A friend of mine who takes cakes to games that she hand makes, had them confiscated at the Newcastle match as the bag they were in wasn't the right size and she was also heavily questioned about her diabetes medicine too.

She'd not had a problem before.

I think there was a drop off point for laptops when they first introduced it, but I'm not sure if there still is. Perhaps give Wembley or the TO a call.
There are a couple of drop off points for bags, extortionate charge for storing them during games

Can recommend using luggage hero (google it) used it before a recent game (forgotten which one) and it was minimal cost and fuss - left my bag at a shop just down from Wembley Park using it and would highly recommend.

Said in another thread, but the pivotal part is the added fuckin' around collecting it after the game impacting on my journey home.

This will likely kill midweek games for me.

Annoying as hell as it is, but If i was an ST I'd be fucking livid right now,

So I normally ignore the emails from the club about match day, but I looked at tonights one and noticed:

A reminder for our fans regarding the change of bag policy at Wembley Stadium

We encourage fans to carefully read the following information ahead of attending any of our upcoming home matches, especially given we shall be running a similar bag policy at our new stadium – more on which we shall communicate in due course.

In summary, all ticket holders are prohibited from bringing a bag into the stadium unless it adheres to the Wembley Stadium regulations outlined as follows:

- Bags to be no larger than A4 in size
- Height 297mm (11.7 inches)
- Width 210mm (8.27 inches)
- Depth 210mm (8.27 inches)

Laptops permitted

Agreement has been reached for supporters to bring laptops into the stadium. Please note, although laptops cannot be stored in a bag that does not meet the criteria detailed above, laptop sleeves are permitted.

Is this completely new or has it been in place for months? So does that mean my relatively slimline 16"x12" laptop bag won't get in?

Given the amount of decent size laptop bags I see coming into the stadium during a weeknight, I'm getting a LOT of people will fall foul of this if they decide to implement it harshly.

What a terrible idea.
I've just tried getting my MacBook pro into the A4 bag that Spurs give you in your members pack, and it fits OK. I'll be taking an Ipad for a meeting in town beforehand, it doesn't look very professional though.

I have to change bags when I go to a night game from work, and it is a pain -have you any idea what a lady carries in her handbag?!!
I have been using the plastic bag given with the ST pack but I put it in a carrier as I hate the whole world and his dog knowing the contents of my bag!
Still I would rather they were thorough in their searches if it means we can watch a game safely.

Not a new thing! They have a whole squad of stewards at the ramp bit of Wembley Way who won't let you pass with an oversized bag. I understand why people are annoyed. Luckily I have been able to work around it. There are bag drops at major train stations that might be good alternatives to using whatever they have at the stadium vicinity

I have to change bags when I go to a night game from work, and it is a pain -have you any idea what a lady carries in her handbag?!!
I have been using the plastic bag given with the ST pack but I put it in a carrier as I hate the whole world and his dog knowing the contents of my bag!
Still I would rather they were thorough in their searches if it means we can watch a game safely.

Like the contents of the Ark; one of lifes more endearing mysteries....

My theory has always been the reverse tardis effect... Absolutely huge on the outside, but room for little more than lippy, purse and a packet of polos once inside.

On topic: They were thorough searching anyway (in my experience)...

Bored people with job titles to justify most likely....

I have been using that plastic bag given out to ST holders but mine is now on the point of collapse. You can buy clear THFC bags from the shop but they are bigger than the ones given to us and I am not sure if allowed. Also if you buy merchandise from the shop and it doesn't fit into an A4 bag, is that not allowed in? I don't mind clear bags but A4 size is hopelessly too small.

Also if you buy merchandise from the shop and it doesn't fit into an A4 bag, is that not allowed in? I don't mind clear bags but A4 size is hopelessly too small.

Merch is allowed as it's in an approved bag and sealed at the point of purchase, apparently.

Policy has been in effect since late November apparently. It's not really about safety, it's just that they want to get people through the turnstiles faster to (I assume) consume food/drink...

I have a theory that you can tell a woman's age by the size of her handbag. It starts as a teenager with lipstick and some money, and by the time they're seventy is evolved into a huge thing that can only be carried on their arm and has fifty years worth of accumulated rubbish.

I have a theory that you can tell a woman's age by the size of her handbag. It starts as a teenager with lipstick and some money, and by the time they're seventy is evolved into a huge thing that can only be carried on their arm and has fifty years worth of accumulated rubbish.
I can go along with that. Just the other day I told the Mrs., who is forever stuffing to the brim her every day bag, that's the VW Golf of handbags, that it might be time to upgrade. The look I received clearly instructed me to mind my own fucking business.

I can go along with that. Just the other day I told the Mrs., who is forever stuffing to the brim her every day bag, that's the VW Golf of handbags, that it might be time to upgrade. The look I received clearly instructed me to mind my own fucking business.

Aaaah, the ol' "wdf do you know, man-fool; stick to footy and farting" look...

Back
Top Bottom