Nedum Onouha

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess I could put this in the "who will we sign" thread but I was interested to see what people think. He's only just turned 25 and has lost favour under Mancini but he's a fantastically talented player and very quick. Plays best as a central defender but can play at right back and I think left back.

Remember watching quite a lot of him for the under 21's. For the money he'd cost us I think he could be a fantastic signing to compete with Dawson and Kaboul. Obviously if we're going to sign a really top quality player in that position then fine but I don't think we will.

I'd certainly prefer Onouha than the overly expensive and not actually very good (always out of position) Cahill.

thoughts?

Not as good as Walker
Not as good as kaboul Gallas King or Dawson

Ergo, whats the point? We should be signing players that are better than the ones we have, not ones that arent going to play that much.

I rate the kid but I'm not sure he's really a cut above

I like Cahill and think he gets a bad rap lately because he's in a shit team I mean his CB partner is Zat fucking Knight who takes the word donkey to a whole new level

Caulker has been quietly brilliant at Swansea this season, they've got quite afew clean sheets with him in the team so CB might not be that big of a problem

Personally I'd put him on par with Dawson but I fully understand the theory behind only signing players who are better than the current crop. That of course would rule out Cahill who even before this poor season for Bolton was overrated.

I like Paydro's thinking too. Caulker was excellent last season for Bristol City on the occasions I watched him and since returning from injury has looked decent for Swansea too. Could we make it through this season without signing a new CB with the thought of using Caulker next season?

Just an idea anyway as Onouha is a good player.

I think Bassong will go in Jan and we will replace. Also I'm pretty sure we won't renew Gallas' contract so perhaps Caulker will come in as 4th choice CB.

We have enough good CB with Kaboul, Dawson and Bassong... (and Caulker) we need someone that has the potential to take us to the next level.

Phil Jones would have been a good shout, but waaaaaaaay too much money

If Gallas gets through the season without any bad injures do you not think we will keep him on for another year?

I wouldnt be too upset with Bassong out the door and Caulker coming backm especially if he has the likes of Gallas to train with.

Personally with King's injury problems I don't think we can rely on Gallas too. Especially as Dawson is also showing signs of becoming increasingly injury prone. It's such an important area of the pitch you've got to have a consistent partnership where possible.

Back
Top Bottom