My old man IS an Woolwich fan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After listening to last week's podcast and the song 'My Old Man', it reminded me that whenever I hear it, it reminds me of MY Dad.

I love him to bits and he brought up me, my brother and my sister as a single parent whilst running his own business.

But he's a scumbag A***nal fan. He used to stand in the North Bank as a season ticket holder in the 60s and 70s and went to every match, home and away, in their double year.

He says he wanted me and brother to make up our own minds about who we would support and I chose Spurs after some guidance from my mum (who I hardly speak to nowadays) in 1980. My brother chose Watford. His bad. I can't believe he allowed me - my four year old daughter already knows the rules of the family and is in no doubt about her Lilywhite allegiances. She's coming to her first match next season for sure, although I don't think I'll take her in my usual Park Lane for the NLD!

It's so frustrating talking to my dad about football. He's a blinkered Gooner who refuses to see that the tide is turning in North London.

I wondered if anyone else has had to put up with a Gooner dad and how they handle it.

Re: My old man IS an a***nal fan

My dad and grand-dad were Spurs and my uncle still is.

After their divorce, my mum fucked up by getting married to a goon. He's also a horrible shitcunt racist and general ne'er-do-well.

At least she saw sense about 15 years ago and got rid of the prick for a nice-bloke geordie (yeah, there are some), who's not into football.

When the goon ex-stepdad croaks I'm going to crack a bottle of Krug and dance at his funeral.

My dad isn't actually into football, so I had to find my own way to Spurs.

My Mrs is Woolwich, but she is excused a bit because a: she grew up next door to the library and b: she doesn't actually follow football.

The other goons I know don't go to games either. They all talk shit though.

S.L.R said:
and b: she doesn't actually follow football.

strangely (or not) I know a few goons exactly like that. A couple even go to games from time to time when they're in London. Went to see one of them last Saturday and tried to discuss that day's games. He didn't even know they were playing let alone who they were playing.

I'm pretty sure you can divorce your parents these days SOS. I'd advise this course of action forthwith.

My old man IS an a***nal fan

My parents have no interest in football, I could've been a Liverpool fan as my elder bro supported them and I looked up to him. But a 9 year old Thelonious had an unhealthy mancrush on Hoddle and the rest is history. :bow:

My dad is an a***nal fan.

He wasnt that into football when I was growing up and my older cousin on my mum's side was a home and away spurs fanatic. He got me into following spurs and took me to my first game.

My old man is now a season ticket holder at the library for scum and we mutually agree to be civil when talking about football, but the tension is always bubbling under the surface.

Although I love spurs and would never consider changing allegiances, its a shame that my dad and I have never been able to bond over football...although we got Watford season tickets together one year but our hearts weren't really in it.

No way my son is going to support anyone but the lillywhites! He is 2 and has just started talking and he can already say "come on your Spurs!". So proud

My dad left when I was 3 so had no influence on me! Gazza is the reason I'm a Spurs fan, as well as a Spurs supporting uncle who took me to my first game when I was 6

my first football kit was an Everton one. My mum bought it for me for Christmas and at the time all my mates supported Everton. She just assumed I wanted the same one they all wore. Other than the Christmas day I got a transformer and couldn't transform it that was my worse Christmas day.

I was taken to my first spurs game when i was 6 months old, and received my first season ticket at 2! (which i still have).

My dad was unsure whether to be a yid or a leeds fan when he was a kid. He was going to watch margate play with his uncle(i think) in london and the game got called off. They looked at the paper and saw spurs were at home and as they say, the rest is history.

My old man IS an a***nal fan

My old man is leeds. I'm an class of '91 spurs fan. Not after the F.A. Cup win but after Gazza in Italia '90.

My old man is Spurs and has 5 brothers (my nan was a slut) 3 are Spurs and 2 are goons! Makes it interesting when we get together because they all love a tear up.

Grandad was QPR funnily enough

gsandbeans said:
My old man is Spurs and has 5 brothers (my nan was a slut) 3 are Spurs and 2 are goons! Makes it interesting when we get together because they all love a tear up.

Grandad was QPR funnily enough
AAHAHHAAHAHAHA!!

My Dad supports Man City. I support Spurs because the other side of the family are all Tottenham mad.

I find it hard to begrudge City's success, really. It's been a hard 30 years for my Dad and it's nice to see his team have success even if it is bought not earned. It would be nice if he were a bit more humble about it, though ;-)

My Dad is Spurs, my Grandad was Spurs, Great Uncle was Spurs. I have five brothers who are all Spurs. And a two step brothers who're Spurs (although one when he was around 13 decided he change to Woolwich. He came home in an Woolwich shirt, the one that looked like a bumblebee; had arrows that went up and down. The shirt was burnt. He was Spurs again by the end of the day).

I don't know what I would do if the old man was a gooner, football is literally all my family talk about. It's all we do together. Drink and go Spurs.

The missus was a gooner when i met her, but I raped it out of her. Refers to Tottenham as 'We' and 'us' now and takes great delight in the scum losing. Other than that though she would prefer it if football didn't exist at all, I but level that sentiment by explaining that if I didn't have Spurs to remove my frustration it would be her arsehole.

Flav said:
The missus was a gooner when i met her, but I raped it out of her. Refers to Tottenham as 'We' and 'us' now and takes great delight in the scum losing. Other than that though she would prefer it if football didn't exist at all, I but level that sentiment by explaining that if I didn't have Spurs to remove my frustration it would be her arsehole.
:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom