Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If anyone has doubt over how valuable Sissoko was last season, just go back and watch the first leg v. Ajax.

For the first 30 minutes, Ajax ran circles around us, it was embarrassing really. Then, when Jan got injured and Sissoko came on...the game completely flipped on it's head. Yes, we lost, but we probably would've lost 3-0 without Sissoko.

He's not Zidane, but he was phenomenal last season.

Nailed it mate

You mean Crouchy ?

I have Crouch more down as the saviour of giraffes. He really is one of the most fun (ex-)footballers

tmp-name-2-22100-1497953454-0_dblbig.jpg

If anyone has doubt over how valuable Sissoko was last season, just go back and watch the first leg v. Ajax.

For the first 30 minutes, Ajax ran circles around us, it was embarrassing really. Then, when Jan got injured and Sissoko came on...the game completely flipped on it's head. Yes, we lost, but we probably would've lost 3-0 without Sissoko.

He's not Zidane, but he was phenomenal last season.

The game changed because Pochettino switched formation from the stupid back 3 bollocks, and it started changing as soon as he switched Vertonghen out to LB and changed to an orthodox back 4 - 442 type format - which matched them up in midfield better, stopped them getting in behind our WB's, and meant they couldn't dominate the midfield possession and piss through us.

It was an obvious change loads of us were calling for in the match thread, we virtually started with 3CB's - 1CM - Wanyama - and compounded by having the immobile Llorente as one of two up front.

This is corroborated by the possession stats which from 0-20 minutes was 27-73% to them. Poch made the change and from 21-39 mins (the point where Sissoko came on)- it had levelled out to 49-51% - that's a 22% swing during that time (before Sissoko appeared) - and that possession swing just continued (another 12% over the course of the rest of the game) as Ajax started to shell on their lead - just as they did in the second leg.

Sissoko still only made 26 passes in that game, and created fuck all, we already had a DM out there in Wanyama, what would have helped even more is a proper Cm coming on who could actually get through some ball and use it more intelligently. We might have actually not lost that game then.

But don't let reality get in the way of your bullshit Sissoko narrative what ever you do.

The game changed because Pochettino switched formation from the stupid back 3 bollocks, and it started changing as soon as he switched Vertonghen out to LB and changed to an orthodox back 4 - 442 type format - which matched them up in midfield better, stopped them getting in behind our WB's, and meant they couldn't dominate the midfield possession and piss through us.

It was an obvious change loads of us were calling for in the match thread, we virtually started with 3CB's - 1CM - Wanyama - and compounded by having the immobile Llorente as one of two up front.

This is corroborated by the possession stats which from 0-20 minutes was 27-73% to them. Poch made the change and from 21-39 mins (the point where Sissoko came on)- it had levelled out to 49-51% - that's a 22% swing during that time (before Sissoko appeared) - and that possession swing just continued (another 12% over the course of the rest of the game) as Ajax started to shell on their lead - just as they did in the second leg.

Sissoko still only made 26 passes in that game, and created fuck all, we already had a DM out there in Wanyama, what would have helped even more is a proper Cm coming on who could actually get through some ball and use it more intelligently. We might have actually not lost that game then.

But don't let reality get in the way of your bullshit Sissoko narrative what ever you do.

Christ BC you don’t help yourself son. I go by the rule of not saying anything online to anyone that I wouldn’t say to their face, And I’m not about to start walking down the street calling people cunts, unless they seriously upset me, in which case I’ll destroy them. but you mate, are a genuine cunt

It’s just your completely irrational hatred of Sissoko. I get the impression you’d rather die than praise him, it’s demented

Poor old Blakey

giphy.gif

Is this like where you post some stats for 10 games that you think support your bullshit Trippier theory, then it gets pointed out to you that not only do those stats not support your theory because he only played half the games, but the same stats extrapolated out to the full season actually prove you completely wrong?

Feel free to explain to me how a footballer with shit technique, who can't receive the ball under pressure without shitting himself, hides from the ball and points to others, doesn't pass much or with any intelligence, doesn't press much or effectively, doesn't tackle or intercept much is good for this team - especially when you called Tripper shit and a Champo player for allegedly having similar qualities ?

It’s just your completely irrational hatred of Sissoko. I get the impression you’d rather die than praise him, it’s demented

Why is my not rating Sissoko - and providing fuckloads of evidence to support that opinion - irrational ?

Why is it more irrational than your not rating Trippier or whoever you don't rate?

Surely what is more irrational is your opinion that he's great, when in you can't back it up with anything substantive - nobody all through this thread has.

Break it down, what does he do that is good? That he excels at? I've stated my case, backed it up numerous times, if I was just saying "he's shit cause the eye test says so" you could accuse me being irrational, but I haven't. I've described with pictures sequences of play where he does really shit things, described others numerous times in real times while watching him (in match threads), I've backed up that with every stat and metric - and you may want to poo poo them, but if he was doing anything well it would show up on some quantifiable metric somewhere (despite what that prick Copper says)- he doesn't even reach "good" on any meaningful ones.

I don't support Moussa Sissoko,or any player, I support Spurs, I want the best for Spurs, and he sure as shit isn't it. And I don't give a fuck if that swims against the tide, I've been here before with players like Dawson, Huddlestone, Dier as a CM.

WHL used to sing "Super Pav" didn't make him good either, and also turned out when they sung "he plays on the left" that was pretty wrong as well, turns out he was better on the right.

Instead of constantly whining about what I say, and accusing me or some bullshit irrational narrative, be the verymfirst to actually counter it with something other than "he's great and fucking runs araaand and whatnot" and back it up with something tangible.

Why is my not rating Sissoko - and providing fuckloads of evidence to support that opinion - irrational ?

Why is it more irrational than your not rating Trippier or whoever you don't rate?

Surely what is more irrational is your opinion that he's great, when in you can't back it up with anything substantive - nobody all through this thread has.

Break it down, what does he do that is good? That he excels at? I've stated my case, backed it up numerous times, if I was just saying "he's shit cause the eye test says so" you could accuse me being irrational, but I haven't. I've described with pictures sequences of play where he does really shit things, described others numerous times in real times while watching him (in match threads), I've backed up that with every stat and metric - and you may want to poo poo them, but if he was doing anything well it would show up on some quantifiable metric somewhere (despite what that prick Copper says)- he doesn't even reach "good" on any meaningful ones.

I don't support Moussa Sissoko,or any player, I support Spurs, I want the best for Spurs, and he sure as shit isn't it. And I don't give a fuck if that swims against the tide, I've been here before with players like Dawson, Huddlestone, Dier as a CM.

WHL used to sing "Super Pav" didn't make him good either, and also turned out when they sung "he plays on the left" that was pretty wrong as well, turns out he was better on the right.

Instead of constantly whining about what I say, and accusing me or some bullshit irrational narrative, be the verymfirst to actually counter it with something other than "he's great and fucking runs araaand and whatnot" and back it up with something tangible.

Why is it that you can’t understand that many thousands of people voted Sissoko as our player of the season? And why is it that you can’t understand that Sissoko came on against Ajax and completely and utterly changed the game in our favour?

I don’t ‘not rate’ any of our players. Even if Trippier stayed with us I’d be behind him all the way, yes I think we could have a better right back, but I don’t let that effect my support for him or any other spurs player, which you quite clearly do with Sissoko. Anyone can find a stat to back up their argument, it’s being Ready to accept you were wrong where you falter

Shouldn't be that hard to agree that Sissoko is a (very) limited footballer and at the same time played a fairly decent role in our team last season; obviously he hasn't got even 20 percent of, let's say, De Bruyne's football brain, but he can be very useful nevertheless.

Ain't that black-white.

We spent a club record fee to sign the lad that will take his spot in the starting lineup. He is a luxury player and good to have during certain situations on the pitch. I don't think I will ever get over his handball of death.

Why is it that you can’t understand that many thousands of people voted Sissoko as our player of the season? And why is it that you can’t understand that Sissoko came on against Ajax and completely and utterly changed the game in our favour?

I don’t ‘not rate’ any of our players. Even if Trippier stayed with us I’d be behind him all the way, yes I think we could have a better right back, but I don’t let that effect my support for him or any other spurs player, which you quite clearly do with Sissoko. Anyone can find a stat to back up their argument, it’s being Ready to accept you were wrong where you falter

So, that's a no, you can't back it up then is it?

Or is it that you aren't saying he's great at anything? Which makes me rational?

I understand many people voted for Sissoko, just as I understand many people voted for Dawson (and he actually won that vote, unlike Sissoko, in a team with Modric in it - football fans eh?) why don't you understand this means nothing in terms of a players actual quantifiable contribution or quality?

I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure Ive seen you criticise Trippier, if I'm wrong then my mistake.

And if anyone can find a stat, find some meaningful ones that supports those claims that Sissoko is great...

Because I've provided plenty that support my claim he isn't.

So, that's a no, you can't back it up then is it?

Or is it that you aren't saying he's great at anything? Which makes me rational?

I understand many people voted for Sissoko, just as I understand many people voted for Dawson (and he actually won that vote, unlike Sissoko, in a team with Modric in it - football fans eh?) why don't you understand this means nothing in terms of a players actual quantifiable contribution or quality?

I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure Ive seen you criticise Trippier, if I'm wrong then my mistake.

And if anyone can find a stat, find some meaningful ones that supports those claims that Sissoko is great...

Because I've provided plenty that support my claim he isn't.

I have criticised Trippier a few times, I’ve also criticised Sissoko, but that means nothing, anyone can criticise a player for having a bad spell. I just can’t believe you haven’t seen how good Sissoko was for us last season. I’m not talking about you criticising him about his obvious flaws. I’m talking about you completely and utterly disregarding what he did for us last season

Back
Top Bottom