Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is the expectation on Winks and the final?

I think we sent him off for surgery in hope we'd make it to be honest.

Bench place seems the best bet. It'd be hard to throw him straight back in after a long lay off as it'd mean one of Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Kane or Son would have to miss out and to be honest none should.

Winks is key to us I feel but we need to start strong in midfield.

Dele just off Kane. Son goes where he wants.

Winks (if fit) & Sissoko, Eriksen in midfield.

If so, even after his heroics last week, you'd struggle to squeeze Lucas in. Bench I'm afraid.

Based on history, it'd be Lucas most likely dropped though.

I have no idea why all 3 wouldn't start.
I agree with you but I just can’t see poch starting a final with out someone fulfilling the DM role. Don’t think Sissoko can do it with out winks.

That means Wanyama or Dier will start I guess if winks isn’t fit :pochfacepalm:

I agree with you but I just can’t see poch starting a final with out someone fulfilling the DM role. Don’t think Sissoko can do it with out winks.

That means Wanyama or Dier will start I guess if winks isn’t fit :pochfacepalm:
Maybe play Eriksen there.
and then
Son......Dele........Moura
.............Kane.

Not sure if Eriksen would be strong enough there though.

I think we sent him off for surgery in hope we'd make it to be honest.

Bench place seems the best bet. It'd be hard to throw him straight back in after a long lay off as it'd mean one of Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Kane or Son would have to miss out and to be honest none should.

Winks is key to us I feel but we need to start strong in midfield.
Completely agree with this. The poor lad must have been playing through a fair amount of pain, and they gambled slightly on him being fit for June 1st (or at the very least, preseason) without sabotaging the run in.

Luckily, everyone else was so shit in the final PL games that we got away with it.

Isnt that where he played today against Everton? He also played there against Ajax. I think Poch was making him practice that role today
I didn't see the match today, fucking family stuff *

Against Ajax, IIRC he was dropped back there after Llorente came on, but I could be completely wrong on that.

For me, it should be a 4-2-3-1, as someone else said on here, get Son and Moura (with Dele off Kane so he can do his flicks and run into the box) wide to stop there FBs bombing on.

* Wedding anniversary.
:eriksenlol:

Surely Lucas has to start.

It's a toss up between Lucas and Son - I don't think you can accommodate both if Kane plays.

Despite his heroics last week, I'd go for Son. If Kane is out I think Lucas and Son will both start.

I've always thought that Lucas and Son are essentially the same player (fast, agile, difficult to mark, take on players, score). Only our injury crisis has resulting in them both starting games.

My view is Son starts and Lucas will get the last 20.

It's a toss up between Lucas and Son - I don't think you can accommodate both if Kane plays.

Despite his heroics last week, I'd go for Son. If Kane is out I think Lucas and Son will both start.

I've always thought that Lucas and Son are essentially the same player (fast, agile, difficult to mark, take on players, score). Only our injury crisis has resulting in them both starting games.

My view is Son starts and Lucas will get the last 20.
Son and Lucas should both start , one on each wings to push back there full backs

Back
Top Bottom