Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because his close control isnt really very good at all most times.

But he's a professional footballer, the international of the current World Cup winners and playing at the highest level possible, has likely played football for 25+ years of his life. Is it really a stretch to believe he can do the most basic of skils?

Really... the coaching staff and Pochettino deserve the most credit for this transformation

After the big-man himself, of course....

Fact is modern football dictates he didn't have to give a fuck and could have earned millions sat his arse.

CHARACTER.

But he's a professional footballer, the international of the current World Cup winners and playing at the highest level possible, has likely played football for 25+ years of his life. Is it really a stretch to believe he can do the most basic of skils?

Why don't we see all the perceived 'lesser' players doing flashy tricks and flicks on a weekly basis?

....Because unlike a Messi, the consistency rate (see: skill level) isn't there to warrant the risk of losing the ball in such a flakey fashion.

That said, I'm assuming it's confidence which led to him trying it.

But we have seen him upclose for almost 3 years now. Nothing hes done with us shows he would be able pull off Zidanesque skills. He goes past players mostly though acceleration and strength. Great ball control is one of the last things that comes to mind when thinking of Sissoko. But if starts doing more of these, hes going to be an even bigger asset than he already is.

Watching him the last few months, not unexpected at all. But the previous two years suggested he could trap a ball further than he could kick it.

Nobody at all could have seen this level of performance coming. Any voices disagreeing with the idea he was useless before around October time were just dissenting for the sake of it. Obvious disagree rating incoming anytime now.....

Watching him the last few months, not unexpected at all. But the previous two years suggested he could trap a ball further than he could kick it.

Nobody at all could have seen this level of performance coming. Any voices disagreeing with the idea he was useless before around October time were just dissenting for the sake of it. Obvious disagree rating incoming anytime now.....
Not completely accurate I think. He was definitely useless in the first season. Okay as squad player the 2nd one. This season, possibly our best player and first choice on the team sheet.

POTY between him and Son I reckon, a few games left to decide it. He's been really good, and more than anyone else he causes the opposition a massively problem. You can't get past him easy, he has pace, strength, and never relents, good positioning and gets back. He always offers an out for his team mates and you don't fancy trying to tackle him. And if he takes the ball of you, or you try to block his passing options he just charges past you on the attack. Must be uncomfortable to play against him.

I agree as per any blatant revisionism. However, I do think that the earlier framed:

1st year - Appalling.
2nd year - Occasionally useful.
3rd year - Who da fuck is this bloke???

....Is a fairer synopsis.

I agree as per any blatant revisionism. However, I do think that the earlier framed:

1st year - Appalling.
2nd year - Occasionally useful.
3rd year - Who da fuck is this bloke???

....Is a fairer synopsis.
I’ll accept my second year appraisal was heavily tainted by the first. Still don’t believe for a second anyone saw this season coming after the last!

tenor.gif

Considering his obvious limitations he is having an amazing season. He's said himself that he is not very technical but he is making the most of the qualities he does have, which is all you can ask. With our midfield devastated by injuries and the departure of Dembele his power, pace and willingness to cover the grass have been crucial. Without him we would be nowhere near the top 4.

A quite incredible turnaround from where he was 2 years ago when he produced what was probably the worst individual performance I've ever seen against Leverkusen in the CL.

I would go as far as saying that if Sissoko is our best player on Wednesday we will win.

City don't need to be reckless but they have to look for goals.

Their strength is their passing but we are a physically stronger side and need to make that count.

We have to hope Winks and Alli are fit in what has been by far the worst season for us and injuries that I can recall.

Back
Top Bottom