Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To me, he and Winks won us the game yesterday. They sticked to Pochs plan, which was fight for the first and second ball and if you don't get it, turn back immediately and defend. They turned Citys most fearful part, which is their midfield, to their most useless part yesterday.
They did their jobs perfectly but I think Lloris won us that game.

I was going to ask how? To which you would reply he saved a pen. I would then reply that it was a shite pen and easily saved if you dived the right way.

Pretty much how it goes?
Saw a stat about how 75% of all penalties in normal time turn into a goal. That saved penalty was a big deal.

Sissoko:

"First of all, before anything else, the compliments are really nice to hear. I am happy with my match, I was very good I think, like the rest of the team. I am happy for me, I have come a long way."
"I have had two difficult seasons here, I have continued to work, I did not quit and things are going well this season. I have always believed in myself, my team-mates and my family too, that allows me to put in performances like this one"
"I know that I am not the most technical player, best player in the world, but I play with qualities I have. I have never taken myself to be someone I am not, I give the best of me and that is how I am able to put in a performance like this, it made the coach happy."

Brings a tear to the eye...

More realistic about himself than most of you lot are about him.

Well he wouldn’t would he, he’s not Eriksen after all.
No an accurate statement from Eriksen would be “I’ve not been at my best since the new year, but the last few games I’ve shown my quality again”

Again, there are no similarities to my views on Eriksen and your views on Sissoko.
Unless of course you think that Sissoko is world class at his best.

Anybody who thinks Sissoko has had a shit season is utterly deluded, him and Son and Winksy have been our best players this season.

I don’t give a shit what the stats say, anybody with a pair of unbiased eyeballs can see that Sissoko has been our hardest working player and has driven us forward in games to victory.

Do I think Sissoko could be improved upon? Of course, he isn’t the best midfielder in the world, that much is evident but I still think he is good enough for this football club and good enough for a club that wants to win a title, either as a starter or a backup option.

I totally agree, I was a massive detractor of his after watching him for first two seasons thinking £27m down the tubes. Fair do’s to Potch though he saw something him in when most if not all of us were wanting him gone. They’re both magic you know!

Poch listens to me and Sammy

No an accurate statement from Eriksen would be “I’ve not been at my best since the new year, but the last few games I’ve shown my quality again”

Again, there are no similarities to my views on Eriksen and your views on Sissoko.
Unless of course you think that Sissoko is world class at his best.

He does really!

Anybody who thinks Sissoko has had a shit season is utterly deluded, him and Son and Winksy have been our best players this season.

I don’t give a shit what the stats say, anybody with a pair of unbiased eyeballs can see that Sissoko has been our hardest working player and has driven us forward in games to victory.

Do I think Sissoko could be improved upon? Of course, he isn’t the best midfielder in the world, that much is evident but I still think he is good enough for this football club and good enough for a club that wants to win a title, either as a starter or a backup option.
That post is spot bollock on.

He's not the most technical player but so much of our current playing style relies on his pure physical presence these days.

He's strong enough to wrestle anyone off the ball and to retain it by pure power if need be. But also fast enough to catch almost anyone on the break which allows us to play the high line.

Job well done big man.

Back
Top Bottom