Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Literally one of the worst players ive ever seen wear our shirt. We need to cash in on him as soon as tht summer transfer window opens, if we can get 12 mill for him I will be over the moon anyone defending him or thinks he can come good is living ina dream world hes awful, we signed him on the basis of 2 good games at the euros.

Literally one of the worst players ive ever seen wear our shirt. We need to cash in on him as soon as tht summer transfer window opens, if we can get 12 mill for him I will be over the moon anyone defending him or thinks he can come good is living ina dream world hes awful, we signed him on the basis of 2 good games at the euros.
Fucking bang on, I think I actually hate the sweatband wearing cunt as much as I hated The Whore

Well, I honestly didn't think Sissoko would turn out to be this bad.
He's a real space case- seems to become lost from the run of play during games. I wonder if he has language/communication issues with our other midfielders?

Have a feeling he will get loaned to France over the summer- maybe to a PSG or Marseille or something like that. Maybe China too. I have to believe his transfer was primarily advocated for by Levy.

I'm prepared to let Poch off this one (not sure what was he smoking?) but he's not the first Spurs manager to make a poor signing, assuming it was his shout. As for giving Sissoko another season, I think not and get shot asap, we can do loads better, especially for £30m.
Poch has a checkered history at best with transfers - someone has to pay the bill eventually

Well, I honestly didn't think Sissoko would turn out to be this bad.
He's a real space case- seems to become lost from the run of play during games. I wonder if he has language/communication issues with our other midfielders?

Have a feeling he will get loaned to France over the summer- maybe to a PSG or Marseille or something like that. Maybe China too. I have to believe his transfer was primarily advocated for by Levy.

If there is a language/communication issue I'm afraid that doesn't affect your ability to make a 5 or 10 yard pass to one of your own players.
He literally can't get the basics right. No wonder Newcastle were laughing their heads off when we showed interest, that's one thing but to pay what we did is inexcusable.

So in summary. John Thomas John Thomas is criticising Daniel Levy for the signing of Moussa Sissoko, a signing he advocated.

Now, to worm out of his advocation of a nightmare signing he says ''I wanted to sign someone, anyone'', no matter if they were good enough or worth the money. ''Levy, just fucking sign someone''...and Levy did exactly as John asked.

6 months later...

John is now blaming Daniel Levy for doing what John wanted and dismissing the signing as a ''panic buy'' and ''peace offering of sorts''. The one that John advocated.

John now see's it's a mistake but must find someone, a single someone, to blame, washing his hands of his own mistake. Instead of understanding the nuances of a transfer from scouting to contract signing it must simply be either a ''Poch signing'' or a ''Levy signing''. If he's feeling especially playful a ''Hugo signing''. If you refuse to name one, he wins. Because that, ladies and gentlemen, is how it works.

Now...here comes the good bit.

John is also moaning at Daniel Levy for not buying someone, anyone, in the January window. Sound familiar?

Despite the fact that no player of sufficient quality to challenge Spurs' 1st XI was available in January at a reasonable price, John is blaming Levy for not doing EXACTLY the thing he is also blaming Levy for doing with Sissoko's signing. Buying a player well above his value, probably not of the quality or experience to make an immediate impact for Spurs.

In May, John will blame Levy for both doing what he wanted in August and panic buying Sissoko, and also blame Levy for not doing the exact same thing in January as the reasons we didn't catch the uncatchable Chelsea.

I wonder what will happen in August 2017?

giphy.gif
You need to get over your obsession with John Thomas John Thomas mate. It's unhealthy. Just accept the facts. I said, at the time our summer transfer window was weak and pathetic for a CL club. People like
e you laughed at and ridiculed me. Our dismal, shambolic failure in the weakest group of all proved me right.
I described our January window as weak and unambitious and would probably result in our annual whimpering capitulation.
Recent performances and results suggest I was right again.
You, CJJ CJJ and others seem to get some sort of kick out of laughing at my distrust of Levy, while never, ever, ever laying blame at his door. Happy to accept mediocrity. Your an embarrassment to our fan base.

You, CJJ CJJ and others seem to get some sort of kick out of laughing at my distrust of Levy, while never, ever, ever laying blame at his door. Happy to accept mediocrity. Your an embarrassment to our fan base.

Ok, easy question for you.

Do you want Levy to back the manager in the transfer market, or to interfere?

buying Janseen, Sissoko & GKN is backing the manager, trouble is the manager can't pick the right players, but its only around £70M wasted including their wages so far,

buying Janseen, Sissoko & GKN is backing the manager, trouble is the manager can't pick the right players, but its only around £70M wasted including their wages so far,
Add to that Stambouli, Yedlin, Fazio, Davies, Njie and a pattern emerges

Your an embarrassment to our fan base.

I'm surprised you've even got the gall to show your face round here after your ridiculous stadium denial farce.

The reason no one takes your relentless Anti-Levy stance seriously is that you were so desperate to hate on him that you flatty refused to acknowledge the existence of the new stadium despite the evidence being clear front of your face.

That's embarrassing.

I'm surprised you've even got the gall to show your face round here after your ridiculous stadium denial farce.

The reason no one takes your relentless Anti-Levy stance seriously is that you were so desperate to hate on him that you flatty refused to acknowledge the existence of the new stadium despite the evidence being clear front of your face.

That's embarrassing.

The bloke treats Levy like he's his bastard step-son.

In recent appearances Sissoko looked like he was getting better from the baseline he'd set himself of "Didn't even realise he was playing today" but was once again absolutely dreadful last night. You just know that if he feels a game is beneath him he totally switches off, and he definitely thinks the Europa League is beneath him. He's not the only one who didn't cover himself in glory last night, but the fact he comes across as such an unlikeable person means he has to bring extra quality that makes up for that (most teams have utter cunts in their ranks, but they're among their best players so it ultimately doesn't matter). However he's barely an also-ran in our team. So terrible performances + coming across as a cunt = Why is he here?

It's just never going to work for him at this club. Or any club. Apart from Woolwich probably, who will never sign him now. But as long as he's not working out at another club I don't care.

Ok, easy question for you.
Do you want Levy to back the manager in the transfer market, or to interfere?
Easy answer. I'd like the chairman to back the manager with his first choice targets. I'd like to see us learn from the past. And when we qualify for the champions league, I'd like to see us go into it with a squad capable of competing. There you go. 3 answers.
Easy question for you. Do you think Sissoko was a first choice target for Poch ?

Last edited:

That's embarrassing.
I think you've jumped on this stadium bandwagon thing. I've never denied it. Just had my doubts Levy would see it through. Even I've seen the funny side of that one. You use it as a stick to beat me when it comes to other important issues such as our transfer policy, annual bottlings etc without ever putting forward an informed counter argument. "John Thomas is a stadium denier so everything else is ok". I think your just trying to make friends on the forum. That's OK though. You'll get no abuse from me.

The bloke treats Levy like he's his bastard step-son.
Actually I'm the first to praise Levy when it's due. Negotiating the Wembley deal for our European fixtures. Great job....Pricing for the Champions League. Again, great job. And I said so at the time. I think his transfer policy fucking stinks though.

Easy answer. I'd like the chairman to back the manager with his first choice targets. I'd like to see us learn from the past. And when we qualify for the champions league, I'd like to see us go into it with a squad capable of competing. There you go. 3 answers.
Easy question for you. Do you think Sissoko was a first choice target for Poch ?

You didn't answer the question, you avoided it with a bullshit answer.

Firstly, you don't know anything about what Pochettino wants. Not a thing. No, don't even argue it, you know fuck all. You have absolutely no clue as to who may have been the manager's first choice, second choice, last choice. Not a sausage. All you have is a few mumblings in press conferences to string together in to a vague guess as to what you think he wants. But it's not even remotely reliable.

Secondly, it's not even possible for Levy to back the first choice targets all the time. The agents of players even admit that they don't even sit down with certain team's chairmen if they know the player wants to join a particular team. The media isn't reliable - they want to sell papers, not tell the truth, so the Mane stuff was all bollocks. Regardless, Liverpool and Chelsea have higher wage structures, and can afford to blow £150k a week on a whim because they're not financing a £600m+ stadium.

Now, by this point you're thinking "Levy is a skinflint" "Just pay the wages Levy" blah blah blah.

If that were true, just imagine how much we'd be paying someone like Sissoko if we went on the assumption that:

a) He was Poch's first choice; and
b) We negotiated contracts like Chelsea/Liverpool

...and then, if we were paying Sissoko/Another that much, we'd have a chain reaction where our first 11 want to be paid that much, so an extra £40k a week becomes an extra £400k a week, and then we're penalised by FFP.

Now I'm sure you're itching to avoid this answer, and dying to say "you avoided an easy question", so here we go:

I don't care if Sissoko was a first choice. It's inconsequential. Messi could have been his first choice, but it means fuck all if the player isn't going to join. What if Zaha is Poch's first choice for the summer? People are already pissing their knickers at that.

You either back the manager, or you interfere. You either say that "Levy doesn't spend money" or you say that "Levy chooses to sign £30m players that the manager didn't want".

Can't have it both ways, fella.

Back
Top Bottom