Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What right had we to win any of those semi finals or finals we were in? Why should we have won them? They were all against clubs who were used to winning big trophies and who had invested far, far more in their squads than we had. We were never disgraced or hammered in any of them, for the most part we were simply beaten by teams with better players.

Me said: "That semi vs United and the final vs the Chavs still haunt me."

Is it not fair to say we fell well short performance-wise given the levels we were attaining at the time?

Me said: "That semi vs United and the final vs the Chavs still haunt me."

Is it not fair to say we fell well short performance-wise given the levels we were attaining at the time?
It’s fair enough to think that way and on another day with a bit more luck we could have reached a level to beat them possibly. But it’s silly to be of the mindset that we had some divine right to beat them or that it was a disgrace that we lost etc, considering the difference in money spent assembling the two teams.

It’s fair enough to think that way and on another day with a bit more luck we could have reached a level to beat them possibly. But it’s silly to be of the mindset that we had some divine right to beat them or that it was a disgrace that we lost etc, considering the difference in money spent assembling the two teams.

I'm only talking those specific games and that specific time-frame (as I noted earlier we were in great form and essentially playing at home in both), but I agree we have no divine right to win any game.

It all seems a bit:

"We got to the CL final, Poch worked miracles"
"We lost to Colchester, it's all Levy's fault"

If you're going to praise/criticise one side you have to be consistent.

What don’t you understand?
Levy was happy with top 4, it’s not a secret.
Poch had enough of a squad to win a domestic cup and finish 4th.

We could have won the CL if he has a tad more imagination, and Liverpool were there for the taking, even after going 1-0 up so early.
But he bottled his team selection.

Did you watch the final? Or did you say “ahh this isn’t worth it. We can’t win because we didn’t sign anyone”
Ffs

I’ve watched it several times mate and it doesn’t get any better
Absolute cunt of a referee yes but also crap from us on the night and that is squarely down to the eternal loser Poch who proudly announced that he might be leaving prior to the most important game we’ve ever had
Still angry about that night

It all seems a bit:

"We got to the CL final, Poch worked miracles"
"We lost to Colchester, it's all Levy's fault"

If you're going to praise/criticise one side you have to be consistent.
Thats a good way of looking at it. If we are going to say Poch was an eternal loser, then Levy who has been here for 2 decades and got us to win f-all is much more of a loser.

In reality Poch did well for a while and eventually won nothing. Just like Levy who does okay running the business, but as a football chairman , is trash and unlikely to get us to win trophies. But we live in hope.

I’ve watched it several times mate and it doesn’t get any better
Absolute cunt of a referee yes but also crap from us on the night and that is squarely down to the eternal loser Poch who proudly announced that he might be leaving prior to the most important game we’ve ever had
Still angry about that night
Forgot about that as well.....how can any manager say that and think it’s motivating the team? No wonder half of them decided to do the same.

That was the moment Poch revealed this journey wasn’t about us at all it was about him

Forgot about that as well.....how can any manager say that and think it’s motivating the team? No wonder half of them decided to do the same.

That was the moment Poch revealed this journey wasn’t about us at all it was about him

And some people think that Jose is somehow going to magically unravel all of that crap and the decay and decline of the team since In just a few weeks
Will take until this time next year at least

When is he actually coming back? We need some physical presence in the midfield.

Anybody who has surgery is usually done for for half the season. But he is some sort of terminator like machine so who knows with him.

I guess we are lucky that Gedson came in when he did. I see him as the Sissoko understudy. I hope he likes covering for right backs! :D

How soon Moose?
Mourinho:

"I think Moussa will give us some matches this season. He went outside, started a little bit. Next week we'll have a different phase of his recovery. In an optimistic but realistic situation, I'd expect Moussa to play a few weeks of football with us. It could be like six weeks of football with us. The whole of April and half of May. In normal conditions, we're going to have him back by end of March or beginning of April."

Doesn’t look far off. Going forward I think Mourinho should play him off the right wing like against Bournemouth.

His first touch is still a tackle!
:avbshock:

Hard to tell from that how far away he is, he'll be ready when he can put explosive loads through his legs, here this is basically a warm-up.

Still glad he's got a ball at his feet and on the grass again.

His first touch is still a tackle!
:avbshock:

Hard to tell from that how far away he is, he'll be ready when he can put explosive loads through his legs, here this is basically a warm-up.

Still glad he's got a ball at his feet and on the grass again.

That's some description....

Back
Top Bottom