Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We knocked Man City out of the CL mate
Without Kane
And colchester knocked us out and they didnt have Kane either. Let me tell you a small secret about football matches. Sometimes the poorer team wins too with some luck, but they dont beat all teams better than them which is why once we got the luck against city, it finally ran out in the final.

The timing of Moussa's injury and the length of time out is not good, IMO. There's no getting away from it, he will be missed. Even his most fiercest critics must admit that we can't afford to lose yet another experienced first teamer.

And colchester knocked us out and they didnt have Kane either. Let me tell you a small secret about football matches. Sometimes the poorer team wins too with some luck, but they dont beat all teams better than them which is why once we got the luck against city, it finally ran out in the final.
You said we couldn’t compete with City last year
I just told you we knocked them out the CL with a back up striker and central midfield

Let me tell you something about football. Managers that never, ever, win trophies are not world class.

The timing of Moussa's injury and the length of time out is not good, IMO. There's no getting away from it, he will be missed. Even his most fiercest critics must admit that we can't afford to lose yet another experienced first teamer.

You're right... But he, cough.. Sorry, I mean they will though.

You said we couldn’t compete with City last year
I just told you we knocked them out the CL with a back up striker and central midfield

Let me tell you something about football. Managers that never, ever, win trophies are not world class.
Poch was never a world class manager , we know that. Just that a window where the manager was not helped by the chairman at all is a complete failure on levy's part. A chairman with whom we've won nothing at all in 2 decades is also a really shit chairman.

Poch was never a world class manager , we know that. Just that a window where the manager was not helped by the chairman at all is a complete failure on levy's part. A chairman with whom we've won nothing at all in 2 decades is also a really shit chairman.

If Poch didn’t treat the domestics with disgust we’d have trophies

If Poch didn’t treat the domestics with disgust we’d have trophies
Then why do you think levy kept Poch for so many years and gave him a big fucking raise, if he didnt like what was going on. Because that was exactly was levy wanted. He wanted a focus on the top 4 for the CL revenues and wanted a treament of disgust with the domestics. The manager did what the chairman wanted or would have been sacked ages ago.

Then why do you think levy kept Poch for so many years and gave him a big fucking raise, if he didnt like what was going on. Because that was exactly was levy wanted. He wanted a focus on the top 4 for the CL revenues and wanted a treament of disgust with the domestics. The manager did what the chairman wanted or would have been sacked ages ago.
So Levy told Poch to lose 5 semi finals?
Or was it because Poch thought they were just ego building and not real trophies

Last edited:
Or was it because Poch thought they were just who building and not real trophies
You think a manager deliberately loses semi finals? Thats just fucking thick. We lost because the other teams were better , we were shitter and/or the focus was on the league because the baldy at the top wanted CL money. And the one time it was obvious we arent getting CL, he was sacked.

Liverpool didn't buy this past summer and are all set to win the league.

The evidence is mounting. :levystare:

Yout think a manager deliberately loses semi finals? Thats just fucking thick. We lost because the other teams were better , we were shitter and/or the focus was on the league because the baldy at the top wanted CL money. And the one time it was obvious we arent getting CL, he was sacked.
No I think he wasn’t very good when it came to crossing the line, had no idea how to install a winning mentality and treated the latter stages of the domestics with disdain and experimented for his own purposes.

When we got to the trophies he rated, the PL and CL, he shit his pants on the big stage and couldn’t control his players discipline at Stamford Bridge, or get us past West Ham.
Then in the CL final he threw tactics out the window and went with the tried and tested “Play Harry Kane” theory. Even though he hadn’t kicked a ball for 12 weeks and was still injured.

Other teams were better? We lost to Itd and Chelsea in semis after battering both in the PL just weeks before. Because Poch changed the team and tactics and weakened us.

Last edited:
No I think he wasn’t very good when it came to crossing the line, had no idea how to install a winning mentality and treated the latter stages of the domestics with disdain and experimented for his own purposes.

When we got to the trophies he rated, the PL and CL, he shit his pants on the big stage and couldn’t control his players discipline at Stamford Bridge, or get us past West Ham.
Then in the CL final he threw tactics out the window and went with the tried and tested “Pl ay Harry Kane” theory.

Other teams were better? We lost to Itd and Chelsea in semis after battering both in the PL just weeks before. Because Poch changed the team and tactics and weakened us.
Then why did Levy not sack him in 5 and a half years! Hes never held back at sacking other managers. Because the reason I gave is 100% right. As long as Poch kept churning out the top 4, thats all that mattered. The chairman only cared about the CL money, and not about trophies as evidenced with us not winning before Poch or with Poch. This losing mentality from levy filters down to the manager and to the players. Good business man, shit football club chairman.

Then why did Levy not sack him in 5 and a half years! Hes never held back at sacking other managers. Because the reason I gave is 100% right. As long as Poch kept churning out the top 4, thats all that mattered. The chairman only cared about the CL money, and not about trophies as evidenced with us not winning before Poch or with Poch. This losing mentality from levy filters down to the manager and to the players. Good business man, shit football club chairman.
What don’t you understand?
Levy was happy with top 4, it’s not a secret.
Poch had enough of a squad to win a domestic cup and finish 4th.

We could have won the CL if he has a tad more imagination, and Liverpool were there for the taking, even after going 1-0 up so early.
But he bottled his team selection.

Did you watch the final? Or did you say “ahh this isn’t worth it. We can’t win because we didn’t sign anyone”
Ffs

Levy was happy with top 4, it’s not a secret.
Finally we are getting somewhere. Thats the one and most important thing he cared about. Being the next Woolwich. Trophies are very very low in his list of priorities. And thats why poch didnt give a shit if we lose to colchester, cos he was being paid big money to pay as little attention to the domestics as possible and focus only on the CL money because our chairman is shit and does not care about trophies.

Finally we are getting somewhere. Thats the one and most important thing he cared about. Being the next Woolwich. Trophies are very very low in his list of priorities. And thats why poch didnt give a shit if we lose to colchester, cos he was being paid big money to pay as little attention to the domestics as possible and focus only on the CL money because our chairman is shit and does not care about trophies.

He's not a shit chairman.

I think the truth is more that DL didn't want domestic trophies at the expense of CL.

I also think the odd-ball comments about cups being for "egos" is classic Poch waffle.

That semi vs United and the final vs the Chavs still haunt me. Both games we arrive the form team and played at 'home' yet turned in a lame performance. Neither can realistically be blamed on Levy... He's hardly gonna discourage a cup win at that late stage.

Or was it because Poch thought they were just ego building and not real trophies
What right had we to win any of those semi finals or finals we were in? Why should we have won them? They were all against clubs who were used to winning big trophies and who had invested far, far more in their squads than we had. We were never disgraced or hammered in any of them, for the most part we were simply beaten by teams with better players.

Back
Top Bottom