Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hard to tell when a player will begin deteriorating physically but I'd imagine Moussa will start later rather than sooner. His main deficiencies are in the technical department and those usually get better with age. I don't have a problem with this contract.

Hard to tell when a player will begin deteriorating physically but I'd imagine Moussa will start later rather than sooner. His main deficiencies are in the technical department and those usually get better with age. I don't have a problem with this contract.

What?
"It gets better with age"? After 30? Are you serious?
Also I believe quite opposite - player who are relying on physique instead of technique and brain will suffer more, because physique starts deteriorating sooner.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to say I am not as universally positive about this contract as some here.
He is 30 now, and we are tying him down until he is 34 (well technically speaking, contract will expire before he turns 34 but if he was to join another club, he would arrive there while being 34).

Of course it is nice that we eliminate possibility of losing him on a free, but in the context it just feels wrong that we are tying down "a decent squad player" yet we let walk players of higher quality of same age / younger (in Toby/Eriksen).

I like his dedication and he helped us a lot last season. But he is not a player to build our team around really.

855253affbd7f0ae930f339b799f5ee5.jpg

What?
"It gets better with age"? After 30? Are you serious?
Also I believe quite opposite - player who are relying on physique instead of technique and brain will suffer more, because physique starts deteriorating sooner.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to say I am not as universally positive about this contract as some here.
He is 30 now, and we are tying him down until he is 34 (well technically speaking, contract will expire before he turns 34 but if he was to join another club, he would arrive there while being 34).

Of course it is nice that we eliminate possibility of losing him on a free, but in the context it just feels wrong that we are tying down "a decent squad player" yet we let walk players of higher quality of same age / younger (in Toby/Eriksen).

We clearly aren't "letting" them walk... We've done everything we can to convince both to sign new deals.

You can't make players sign new deals.

As for his age; considering your concern about people leaving on a free, I'm suprised you've not considered that a deal til 2023 likely means we'd be looking to sell him before that. So no, I don't see him being here til he's 34. In fact, I could imagine us shopping him about in a year or two.

I like his dedication and he helped us a lot last season. But he is not a player to build our team around really.

Rest assured we're not building our team around Moussa Sissoko.

Back
Top Bottom