Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How could anyone not see how good he has been for us this season and how important he is to how we play?

Bus conductor, I want you to man up and write an apology for all that you've said against Sissoko.

We're all grown men and we're willing to forgive and forget.

Last edited:
The guy is an absolute machine.

Wrap him in cotton wool until the semi final when we're going to need as many key players as possible. (Same with Winks).

Wrap him in cotton wool until the semi final when we're going to need as many key players as possible. (Same with Winks).

Unfortunately we really don't have that option.

Luckily, the same is true for Ajax who will surely be pushing hard to win the Eredivisie for the first time since 2014 and also have their cup final in between the two legs.

Out for at least 2 weeks will miss 1st leg of Ajax game

"Maybe for the next two weeks, we hope he can recover before, but I am not so optimistic."

Groins are notoriously difficult to put a time frame on. 50/50 I'd say. I think he'll start based in how quickly he came back last time from the same injury.

I note MP said after the game today that he’s unsure whether Sissoko will be fit for Tuesday or not and it got me thinking.

This guy has to be our POTY because without him we’d be fucked this season. Let’s face it, since he came into the team against Huddersfield in September he’s barely missed a league game, has only got one card, has covered Winks, Dier, Dembele and Wanyama’s injuries and in doing so allowed us a foothold in midfield. We saw today just how badly we missed him. Rose in midfield FFS.

Sadly through a somewhat thinned CM and 4 competitions we’ve run him ragged and he’s injured when we need him most but let’s not forget the mountain of work he’s put in this season.

We are, with two games remaining, in a position where CL is still in our own hands, and competing in a close to a European cup final, thanks largely to Moussa Sissoko carrying the burden of our central midfield (and Sonny stepping up when Kane is out).

Other clubs fans laughed when we bought him, but he’s our no.1 midfielder for next season, and unlike if you said that about Dier or Wanyama it isn’t an indictment to say it. He’s a key cog in our machine now.

Last edited:
I note MP said after the game today that he’s unsure whether Sissoko will be fit for Tuesday or not and it got me thinking.

This guy has to be our POTY because without him we’d be fucked this season. Let’s face it, since he came into the team against Huddersfield in September he’s barely missed a league game, has only got one card, has covered Winks, Dier, Dembele and Wanyama’s injuries and in doing so allowed us a foothold in midfield. We saw today just how badly we missed him. Rose in midfield FFS.

Sadly through a somewhat thinned CM and 4 competitions we’ve run him ragged and he’s injured when we need him most but let’s not forget the mountain of work he’s put in this season.

We are, with two games remaining, in a position where CL is still in our own hands, and competing in a close to a European cup final, thanks largely to Moussa Sissoko carrying the burden of our central midfield (and Sonny stepping up when Kane is out).

Other clubs fans laughed when we bought him, but he’s our no.1 midfielder for next season, and unlike if you said that about Dier or Wanyama it isn’t an indictment to say it. He’s a key cog in our machine now.

If he is we're fucked.

Why has he got to be our POTY? Eriksen's played more minutes, contributed shitload more of everything, covers more ground than Sissoko does, played about 6 different positions, and some think he's had a meh season, what does that make Sissoko's?

If he is we're fucked.

Why has he got to be our POTY? Eriksen's played more minutes, contributed shitload more of everything, covers more ground than Sissoko does, played about 6 different positions, and some think he's had a meh season, what does that make Sissoko's?

Second behind Son on this poll...
Player - TFC - POTY nomination

And third on this poll behind Jan and Son...
Player - THFC 2018/19 Player of The Year

Not much love for Eriksen on either poll.

If he is we're fucked.

If you can't see how good he's been then I really don't think this warrants further discussion.

If he is we're fucked.

Good grief, take a day off.
Players contribute in different ways, they have to, to make a team function. I just don't get why you are so anti, everybody else can see how important he is to our team now.
Think you might need to get to Specsavers.

Remember there are people who thought we'd be better off without him

I don't think anyone thought that we would neglect our midfield so badly in the summer or that he would come out of his shell so much, the idea of Sissoko transforming like this was absurd last year.

Credit to him for showing he can offer something at the top level but we still need to buy someone to take Dembele's place and compete with him. His lack of technical quality would stop him getting a game for Liverpool or City and that is who we have to compete with next season. The moment when he shat himself in front of an open goal at Anfield is still etched in my mind, we have to demand more from him just like every other player.

I'd probably vote for him as POTY but obviously he hasn't been our best player, just our most improved. He's gone from useless to useful and that is something few of us thought was possible. He's worked harder than anyone else this season and that's why he deserves it.

Back
Top Bottom