Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would go as far as saying that if Sissoko is our best player on Wednesday we will win.

What does this even mean? Did it make sense any in your own head?

If Sissoko's our best player, and everyone else is pretty meh, we are fucked, because Sissoko doesn't excel at anything. In most big games recently he's been fucking turgid. Saw a third of the ball and tackled and intercepted less than Winks against Chelsea, completed less passes first half than Lloris against Liverpool. Against City in the first game we had lost control of the game when we actually scored (thanks to a bit of ingenuity from Eriksen and Son).

I should probably rephrase myself. Moose obviously has suitable technical ability for his position. But the way he pulls it off makes it not look like the conventional technical ability you think about when you imagine a midfielder. I think most would imagine Dembele or De Bruyne dancing around their opponents. Where as Moose is more wild limbs and force. In a lot of ways Moose controls the midfield through controlling his opponents rather than the conventional way of controlling the ball. Even tho he obviously does that as well.

Which goes along way to explaining why we haven't been controlling opponents all season like we used to.

Sissoko exerts virtually no control over anything, with or without the ball. We are conceding (and scoring) goals at the worst rate since 14/15. Conceding more shots per game.

Performances for much of the season have been the worse they have been since 14/15 too. Our midfield was more dynamic, aggressive and had more creativity in it when it was Mason and Bentaleb.

Why do people seem incapable of figuring out that just because Sissoko is big and very conspicuous it doesn't mean he's doing great things.

We are a possession based team, a team that was at it's best when it could play out from the back against the press and press well ourselves. Having a player like Sissoko out there who doesn't want to take the ball off defenders under pressure, or who doesn't press well, or read the game intelligently is why we have dropped to become an also ran with a transitional Chelsea and a very meh Woolwich.

What does this even mean? Did it make sense any in your own head?

If Sissoko's our best player, and everyone else is pretty meh, we are fucked, because Sissoko doesn't excel at anything. In most big games recently he's been fucking turgid. Saw a third of the ball and tackled and intercepted less than Winks against Chelsea, completed less passes first half than Lloris against Liverpool. Against City in the first game we had lost control of the game when we actually scored (thanks to a bit of ingenuity from Eriksen and Son).

Which goes along way to explaining why we haven't been controlling opponents all season like we used to.

Sissoko exerts virtually no control over anything, with or without the ball. We are conceding (and scoring) goals at the worst rate since 14/15. Conceding more shots per game.

Performances for much of the season have been the worse they have been since 14/15 too. Our midfield was more dynamic, aggressive and had more creativity in it when it was Mason and Bentaleb.

Why do people seem incapable of figuring out that just because Sissoko is big and very conspicuous it doesn't mean he's doing great things.

We are a possession based team, a team that was at it's best when it could play out from the back against the press and press well ourselves. Having a player like Sissoko out there who doesn't want to take the ball off defenders under pressure, or who doesn't press well, or read the game intelligently is why we have dropped to become an also ran with a transitional Chelsea and a very meh Woolwich.
So, I'm new to this but am I right in thinking that you really rate Sissoko?

So, I'm new to this but am I right in thinking that you really rate Sissoko?

Go through his posts and the word ‘turgid ‘ often appears

Amazing

Most people rate Sissoko as one of their top three players of the season but not good old Blakey

Go through his posts and the word ‘turgid ‘ often appears

Amazing

Most people rate Sissoko as one of their top three players of the season but not good old Blakey
I read his posts and always, always wish I hadn't. It's one thing being persistent with personal opinions that differ from everyone else but he takes it to another level.
I do understand however that most people don't rate Blakey in their top 3 posters of the season either so I guess that evens things out.

Love the guy. You saw how determined he was to beat his pain and help us. Hope he is ready for Ajax. I can't believe how much he gives for our club after all the shit he got for 2 years. Other players would just hand in a transfer request.

Love the guy. You saw how determined he was to beat his pain and help us. Hope he is ready for Ajax. I can't believe how much he gives for our club after all the shit he got for 2 years. Other players would just hand in a transfer request.
I mean, I agree, but I'm sure he didn't mind the wages.

I mean, I agree, but I'm sure he didn't mind the wages.
Would you rather have Sissoko that gives everything and never gives up, or some diva like Pogba or Icardi that turn on everyone when the smallest thing doesn't go their way? In todays football, he earns those wages compared to other players.

If everyone's fit Moose is in our best XI.
Hoping his injury is not serious but the way our guys reacted when he went down the 1st time suggests it's not minor.

Honestly, when he went off I thought we were fucked. Affected our whole gameplan and set up. We need him back in the team asap. Fuck me, that's a sentence I thought I'd NEVER say. Credit to the bloke - astonishing improvement.

Last edited:
From L'equipe:

He says: "I was on the bench, I saw the goal of the 5-3, and I was so in all my states that I returned directly to the locker room. I was alone, no one had accompanied me, no TV screen was broadcasting, and in my head we were eliminated. This is one of the staff members who entered the locker room at the end, and who launched me:"Incredible, we did it!" I said, " How did we do it?" At that moment, he told me that the goal had been canceled! So, I put on a T-shirt, I forgot my wound and I ran outside to join the others, not to miss the celebration of such a historic moment. It was an incredible emotional shock. "

Moussa Sissoko was out in the 41st due to an adductor injury after a duel with De Bruyne. "It pulled the muscle , he admits. For Saturday, it will be too fair, but I hope that it will go next week. " So, he will not return to the Etihad for revenge on Saturday in the Premier League . But this time, he should watch the game on TV until the end.

Back
Top Bottom