Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here but Vertonghen reminded me of a certain Welshman last night with his exploits down the left hand side.
It was probably on par with that performance against Inter

Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here but Vertonghen reminded me of a certain Welshman last night with his exploits down the left hand side.
Well no not really but he was fantastic last night. No much will ever match that Inter game

In most top teams you have the stars that nearly always produce. Unfairly it becomes an expectation but often they are also the most feted and the best paid.

At other times and maybe during transition you hope and sometimes find players who step up.

This season Sissoko has 100% been that man, alongside Winks. The 2 of them but even more so the French man have been incredibly consistent.

Sissoko is now our Fernandinho and the truth of the matter is that if all our players had got as close to their best as he has, we would be on an even greater points haul. It's also fair to say when he is absent we would be less a team.

Were it not for Son he would have to be our player of the season or very close to it.

He deserves every single cheer, song and accolades thrown his way.

The guy has worked incredibly hard in an extremely hostile work environment where it was made abundantly clear he was not wanted.

People keep expecting him to return to being a "crap player" and that saddens me. He never has been a crap player but he's admittedly not the most technical.

I don't understand why people aren't seeing him as one of our genuine CM options. On the right hand side of a 3 man CM has always been his best position since his Toulouse days imho and whether in a 2 or 3 a box to box CM he should remain.

Monster

I would be really interested to know if anyone can recall another Spurs player in our history who has managed to improve his performances by so much. Bar a very small number of fans he has overturned everyone’s perceptions.

Pundits and ex-professionals often talk about how confidence or lack of it can make such a difference. I wonder if playing at Wembley with its distance from the pitch and poor acoustics have isolated him from the jeers or collective moans he would have heard at the Lane when he missed controlled the ball (which to be fair he used to do a lot).

Highlight from last night was that he did two of those headers he pulls off from time to time where he doesn't actually track the ball, but rather the player.

Mindboggling shit

I would be really interested to know if anyone can recall another Spurs player in our history who has managed to improve his performances by so much. Bar a very small number of fans he has overturned everyone’s perceptions.

Pundits and ex-professionals often talk about how confidence or lack of it can make such a difference. I wonder if playing at Wembley with its distance from the pitch and poor acoustics have isolated him from the jeers or collective moans he would have heard at the Lane when he missed controlled the ball (which to be fair he used to do a lot).

Kane? He looked genuinely hopeless at times.

But probably doesn't count as was never really a proper starter like Sissoko was, nor actually cost us any money.

Hard to think of anyone when you factor in those things.

Bale is someone who improved to heights we probably never thought we'd see from him but he was never really hopeless. Perhaps Danny Rose?

When everyone is fit. Sissoko is probably a first choice now.

Even I never used to say that when I was about the only one on here who was getting behind him when he got really unfair criticism
Sammy also weighed in
(Is he still banned?)

I never thought he’d make so much progress so hats off to the guy and to Poch for also having faith in him

Kane? He looked genuinely hopeless at times.

But probably doesn't count as was never really a proper starter like Sissoko was, nor actually cost us any money.

Hard to think of anyone when you factor in those things.

Bale is someone who improved to heights we probably never thought we'd see from him but he was never really hopeless. Perhaps Danny Rose?

Bale went from being a player talked about dropping down a division to being one of the very best players in the world.

A pacy left back with a haircut problem to a one man attacking force.

And another who got absolute dogs abuse from our fans.
People go on about our support being great but when you go every week you have the “pleasure” of some absolute cunts in my experience. (Sorry for the language if you read this Mrs P). Of course they are the minority but Jesus Christ. I don’t know what life has done to these people.

I really felt sorry for that boy at times. Could really see how much it affected him.
So pleased how it turned out for him in the end.

I think, we to a man marvelled at Jan's performance, but it cannot be compared in any way, shape, or form.

Not on an individual performance level. Bale's level in that match was miles ahead.

Not in terms of the players around him. Bassong, Hutton, Jenas, Huddlestone. And playing with 10 for 80 min.

Not in terms of the opposition. Several defenders and a goalie out of the very top draw, around the at the time best right back in the world in front of him. Much as Dortmund has been brilliant this season, hardly a world class defence.

Sissoko is now our Fernandinho and the truth of the matter is that if all our players had got as close to their best as he has, we would be on an even greater points haul. It's also fair to say when he is absent we would be less a team.
Were it not for Son he would have to be our player of the season or very close to it.
I would be really interested to know if anyone can recall another Spurs player in our history who has managed to improve his performances by so much....
Surely a shoe-in for the innagural "EPL MIP Award: 2018/19"??
sorry... went all "NBA"" for a moment there!

In most top teams you have the stars that nearly always produce. Unfairly it becomes an expectation but often they are also the most feted and the best paid.

At other times and maybe during transition you hope and sometimes find players who step up.

This season Sissoko has 100% been that man, alongside Winks. The 2 of them but even more so the French man have been incredibly consistent.

Winks is playing the Fernandinho role. Sissoko is supposed to be playing DeBruyne or Silva role.

Chuckle chuckle.

Last edited:
solid and surging runs. He was the one crossing the ball not Aurier like the commentator kept saying.

Found myself congratulating both Sissoko and Llorente for keeping their heads down and working. Llorente has started to come good, very pleased for him. I also found myself looking at Aurier hoping he can improve at the same rate as Sissoko - figure that. Aurier's control is shocking, such a bull in a china shop. Not convinced

Sure that's not a quote about Moussa from last season? ;o]

#DoPeepsEverLearn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom