Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're looking at other teams starting eleven and saying, "fuck Messi is playing", "fuck Ronaldo is playing", "fuck Hazard is playing", "fuck De Bruyne is playing"..etc. Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard, De Bruyne at al. will be looking at Spurs starting eleven and saying, "Fuck Sissoko is playing".

There where always people saying "Fuck, Sissoko is playing".

But they used to be Spurs supporters.

Imperious again last night. An absolute testament to Poch's love of players that give their all, train hard and follow instructions without question, and his proven track record of getting performances out of players that buy into that.

Scroll back through this thread and you'll find my comments on him.

Always said he did the initial part right, but then seemed to lack the belief and guile to play a dangerous pass and instead went straight backwards.

Earlier this season I said he was like a vaulter who did everything well until the landing when he would land head first on the mat.

Well he's improved since then and now he was playing in the Nou Camp playing some lovely passes and running amok and tackling like he knows he is the boss.

I think once he rifles in a 30 yarder, the only thing missing from his game will be complete.

He's now willing to take risks with the ball which is what we never saw until this season. Whenever he received the ball he would panic, touch it 3 times and play a wobbly safety first pass but now he is feeling confident and isn't afraid to play football.

There was one glorious reverse pass that he played in the buildup to the Rose cross into Son that he would never have played before this season. He's always going to have his limitations technically but it seems that he is finally comfortable playing our brand of football.

LORD SISSOKO.

Sorry to hijack this clip, I love Winks but this is what he has to improve on, without the ball he's nowhere, doesn't know whether to go to the player on the ball, track runner behind or put his body in a passing lane (the latter being what he should be doing IMO). If he can get this right we have a first team player but right now without the ball, it's easy for the oppo to build attacks.

Sorry to hijack this clip, I love Winks but this is what he has to improve on, without the ball he's nowhere, doesn't know whether to go to the player on the ball, track runner behind or put his body in a passing lane (the latter being what he should be doing IMO). If he can get this right we have a first team player but right now without the ball, it's easy for the oppo to build attacks.

I have always said Winks needs to be better without the ball, said Saturday. But there's plenty of players better Winks that will struggle with Messi running at them.

And I hate to hijack the Sissoko jizz fest as well, but watch some of the sloppy shit Sissoko did in that game. Like when we lose the ball and Coutinho ends up nearly killing the game and hitting the post. Now I know Sissoko didn't have much hope of getting to Coutinho, but he doesn't know how that move will unfold, but should realise we are in trouble and bust a gut to get back and help, he just fucking walks. It was the same when failing to close down Miranda previously and he was doing it constantly in the Southampton game. I'm fed up with reading what a fucking super hero is is.

And that wasn't even a tackle by Sissoko, Messi just failed with a nut meg.

This is a fucking tackle:

Winks tackle vs Messi 03/10/2018 CL MW 2 - Create, Discover and Share Awesome GIFs on Gfycat

And I hate to hijack the Sissoko jizz fest as well...

Lies.... Looks from the outside like you fucking LIVE for it.

In fact, I think we've found our new NW1-spaz/Lamela scenario peeps.

....Doesn't matter how good he plays you're just gonna double-down and look for the negative.

....but watch some of the sloppy shit Sissoko did in that game. Like when we lose the ball and Coutinho ends up nearly killing the game and hitting the post. Now I know Sissoko didn't have much hope of getting to Coutinho, but he doesn't know how that move will unfold, but should realise we are in trouble and bust a gut to get back and help, he just fucking walks. It was the same when failing to close down Miranda previously and he was doing it constantly in the Southampton game. I'm fed up with reading what a fucking super hero is is.

So Sissoko doesn't work hard enough either now?

State of you, Blakey... :vertna:

...Next you'll be predicting he'll be sold in January.

Last edited:
I have always said Winks needs to be better without the ball, said Saturday. But there's plenty of players better Winks that will struggle with Messi running at them.

And I hate to hijack the Sissoko jizz fest as well, but watch some of the sloppy shit Sissoko did in that game. Like when we lose the ball and Coutinho ends up nearly killing the game and hitting the post. Now I know Sissoko didn't have much hope of getting to Coutinho, but he doesn't know how that move will unfold, but should realise we are in trouble and bust a gut to get back and help, he just fucking walks. It was the same when failing to close down Miranda previously and he was doing it constantly in the Southampton game. I'm fed up with reading what a fucking super hero is is.

And that wasn't even a tackle by Sissoko, Messi just failed with a nut meg.

This is a fucking tackle:

Winks tackle vs Messi 03/10/2018 CL MW 2 - Create, Discover and Share Awesome GIFs on Gfycat
With Winks it has nothing to do with who the oppo is, in that clip his role was to block the passing lane, he got drawn to the player which created the space for Messi, had he read that better he could have blocked the pass to Messi.

Bizzare take on Sissoko, he made up the ground, slowed the attack up, then won the ball.

Love him, lads.

#getaSissokosmilyonTFC

dNg4cdm.png

Back
Top Bottom