Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fucking love Sissoko, what if the penny has finally dropped, this current form is just the start, he has all the attributes to boss a PL game, the guy is a unit.

He will score the winner within the next 2 games I can feel it

Winner against Chelsea please.

It's about time Lamela got a winner in the NLD.

Been playing great recently after initially being picked due to a barrage of injuries to our midfield maestros. He has a good song already but I’m thinking “they’ll be going loco with moussa sissoko, if he stays too long”

ssImwsb.jpg

Dear Father Christmas.

This year i would like one or all of the following In the games against the Corrupt Russian Oil Doped Anti Semite Racist Cunts and the Nomadic Franchised Territory Stealing League Bribing Hipster Cunts:

• A Lamela nutmeg (on Ozil or Hazard maybe) following on to a goal or assist (A Martin Tyler LAMELAAAAAA!! scream is optional). The resulting goal celebration results in Lamela fronting up the entire opposition team and bench and chaos ensues.
  • A converted penalty from a Dele Alli dive.
  • But most of all i would like a Sissoko goal. Not really bothered how it comes. A Wanyama against Liverpool esc foot like a traction engine thunder bastard net burster could work. But equally i would take a dizzy run from the half way line where he leaves the ball behind him / trips over his own feet three or four times but just manages to recover only to break free and scuff the ball so badly that it wrong foots the keeper and bobbles over the line at a trickle.
Thanks in advance.

Mouse

What I do find weird is the amount of fan hate a functional player with a poor first touch has received compared to Vincent Janssen, who has been utterly hopeless and yet given a lot of slack.

Good point and one I've not thought about before. They both try hard but some players you warm to more I guess.

Probably more importantly is that Janssen and Soldado before are just influencing the game in the attacking sense but Sissoko can be anywhere and can as easily give away a goal as create something.

Good point and one I've not thought about before. They both try hard but some players you warm to more I guess.

Probably more importantly is that Janssen and Soldado before are just influencing the game in the attacking sense but Sissoko can be anywhere and can as easily give away a goal as create something.

Not really the same is it?

People are on Sissoko as he can barely trap a bag of cement, his basic skills as a top class footballer seem woefully inadequate at times. He has been given lots of sub appearances where he isn't expected to win us the game, just get in peoples faces and help with defence. From these shorter performances he has grown in confidence and now started quite a few games. To say the same opportunity was given to Janssen is crazy, we also know the pressure on a forward coming on is huge as they're expected to win the game with their first chance. I would love Sissoko to tear the league up – just can't see it happening though. If we compare him to his first performances we will always heap praise on him but in context he isn't great.

I fucking love Sissoko, what if the penny has finally dropped, this current form is just the start, he has all the attributes to boss a PL game, the guy is a unit.

He will score the winner within the next 2 games I can feel it

Um, once more. Does the pendelum HAS to swing from one extremum to another? Maybe it shouldn't.

The guy is working hard and being very valuable for the team.
But he still is Sissoko, who admitted (between the lines) his limitedness in the recent interview.

Let's take him as he is and be happy for him that he can contribute to our success story.
Let's take him as a squad player who works hard and gives his all for the team.
He will not be the star of the show most likely for club like Spurs (ofc there is this 1% of probability, cant rule out fully), and expecting it just seems to be setting unrealistic expectations. Sorry for being a joykill.

Not really the same is it?

People are on Sissoko as he can barely trap a bag of cement, his basic skills as a top class footballer seem woefully inadequate at times. He has been given lots of sub appearances where he isn't expected to win us the game, just get in peoples faces and help with defence. From these shorter performances he has grown in confidence and now started quite a few games. To say the same opportunity was given to Janssen is crazy, we also know the pressure on a forward coming on is huge as they're expected to win the game with their first chance. I would love Sissoko to tear the league up – just can't see it happening though. If we compare him to his first performances we will always heap praise on him but in context he isn't great.
I never said Janssen was given the same chance, I wish he had been but that's not the point here.

I don't expect a forward coming on to win a game with their first chance hence why I never got on Janssen's back. I thought he did contribute to the team overall and his work rate was good but it just didn't work out.

Sissoko is far from my favourite player but he is starting to show he can perform a role for the team and as long as he continues in that vein I will support him.

Back
Top Bottom