Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is a bit of a slow starter at times (this can be dependent on pitch as well) but the dude has an insane top speed once he gets going. He's always at his best when we face a team that doesn't back down into defense so he can use this speed to open up space for us. It's also useful in defense if used right since he can just bullrush opposition players and even if he doesn't get the ball he can stress them into mistakes like against Madrid where he teamed up with either Aurier or Trippier to cause chaos on the right flank.

The man is a time sink. 5 minutes of added time - meet Moussa Sissoko

Sissoko's problem is his great at driving bullishly at defences but he is completely idealess and skilless once he gets there. He was one of our better players in the NLD but also our most frustrating....time and time again he drives into the final third only to play a shit pass, take the wrong option or lose the ball.

I thought he came on and did a job tonight

Very strong on the ball and clearly playing to Poch’s instructions who must have been pleased with him as am I

Get off his back ffs

Sissoko's problem is his great at driving bullishly at defences but he is completely idealess and skilless once he gets there. He was one of our better players in the NLD but also our most frustrating....time and time again he drives into the final third only to play a shit pass, take the wrong option or lose the ball.
Spurs players I've heard that exact same thing about in recent seasons: Dembele and Son.

Seriously, go read their threads - same description pops up time and time again until they contributed to some key moments, then their statues went up on the high road and they're universally adored now. Losing the ball in the attacking 3rd will get you cunted off on TFC faster than wearing a woolwich top.

Most of the people backing sissoko up are the very same people who backed soldado up and listen fair play for doing that. But let’s be realistic here, sissoko is, at the technical level, awful. He’s like bambi on ice when he receives it and you can just see his mind going 100 miles per hour when he’s got the ball. He bombs on yeah, but how many times does he lose the ball? He means well when he tries to skin a player but his legs are 2 seconds behind his brain. He’s not good enough to be in that Spurs side by a long shot.

If we are being totally honest he has been one of our better players this season.
Depends on how you look at it. Technically he's still a fair bit behind other players in our squad. But he's definitely at the top of the list when it comes to putting shifts in and giving his best. Not one of our best and probably not a given starter 10 times out of 10. But he is proving himself to be a hard working utility player/sub and willing to step in and do the job when others are unavailable.

Can't fault him for getting two goals and a couple of assists as well. Compared to last season he is having a massive step up.

I am probably one of the biggest critics of sissoko but I have to say that, ridiculous Miss aside, I thought he was brilliant yesterday.

Was tidy in possession, offered pace and physicality all over the pitch which disrupted burnley in attack and defence, linked up well with aurier again.
He won't get the plaudits or recognition but I feel we should recognize how important he was to our game plan yesterday. I think he even got an assist for the second goal? When we signed him I expected a guy with decent ability who would be prone to laziness and bad attitude. Seems it was the other way around. He always puts in maximum effort and does what he's told to do. He's just not very good with the ball at his feet

I am probably one of the biggest critics of sissoko but I have to say that, ridiculous Miss aside, I thought he was brilliant yesterday.

Was tidy in possession, offered pace and physicality all over the pitch which disrupted burnley in attack and defence, linked up well with aurier again.
He won't get the plaudits or recognition but I feel we should recognize how important he was to our game plan yesterday. I think he even got an assist for the second goal? When we signed him I expected a guy with decent ability who would be prone to laziness and bad attitude. Seems it was the other way around. He always puts in maximum effort and does what he's told to do. He's just not very good with the ball at his feet
Id agree with all that. Though I don't think his miss was that ridiculous. It was a good double save by yhe keeper...And he did brilliantly to get into that position.

Back
Top Bottom