Mousa Sissoko Team v Inter (h) CL 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
Brilliant for the goal.Superb little turn in the first half(so that was in the first 80 mins for a start), a very very good game.
And i was one of his biggest critics on here,though not spiteful.
He gets my MOTM
He has been a beast the last two games and very good for a few before that.
A new song for the fella methinks.

He's been a revelation this season...is his new contract due?

No one angry that I criticised Winks as insipid, Lamela as erratic and clumsy, Moura as pffft, Alli as inconsequential ?

Bazali Bazali
If even the chief sports writer of The Times is saying it’s not one of his (Sissoko) better games, could it possibly be the agenda-ometer is leaning more your way than mine?

I did forget to “credit” Sissoko with his run in the first half, butI also chose not to mention the time in the first half when their guy walked past him and bore down on our box, it was one of their few dangerous moments in the first half, or the time in the second half when he just ambled over and allowed Perisic to get a cross in.

I also didn’t “itemise” or”credit” Winks great run, his shot that hit the bar, or anyone else’s “good moments” but it seems it’s only a crime if we don’t itemise every single piece (2) of Sissoko’s work whilst looking away when he fucks up.

I’m also wondering if you’re actually a Spurs fan, or just a member of the The cult of Sissoko.

Firstly don’t you dare question my allegiance to our great club
I’ve no idea how old you are but I was going to the Lane in the early 60s when you were probably still in nappies!!

So just because the Chief Sports writer of the Times says that it wasn’t one of Sissoko’s better games that’s gospel is it?

Why did nearly 80% on here vote him MOM then?

I know who I’d rather believe especially as I was one of them!

I have no agenda, unlike you, other than to hope for the best for our great team

I have always seen something about Sissoko even when he was continually misplacing passes, losing control of the ball etc and I got major stick on here as I always put myself in the place of an opposing defender
Would I want this beast running at me in full flight?
Would i fuck!
And that wasn’t taking into consideration how much running and covering he has always done or his excellent attitude where he didn’t moan or whinge but got on with it always giving 100%

Fortunately Poch thought the same way, persevered and we now have a player!

Until his run for the goal last night, despite my most fervent hopes, I couldn’t see us scoring but he did what their tiring defence dreaded him doing and he beasted them and is rightly getting all the plaudits except from ignorant cunts like you

You’re a lone voice now mate so change the record and stop being such a miserable boring churlish cunt

Long live King Sissoko!!!

We've tried to educate you, far more patient posters than me have attempted to point our your stupidity ... but you're just too fixated with your preconceptions to even listen ... Sissoko was shit, Poch was lucky, and as always Blakey knows best ... just listen to yourself ...

Chelsea were superior to Inter Milan?
Do you even watch the games? On Saturday versus a very ragged, undisciplined Chelsea defense we could and should have had scored 5 or 6, yet tonight against a very well drilled, disciplined Inter Milan we had to fight hard for just our one goal, so what's the informed view of the all knowing Blakey? Chelsea were superior ... what a complete feckwit ...

Sorry but everything you post is now agenda driven bullshit .... you no longer recognise, or even give any consideration to tactics, you lack any appreciation of talent, and it seems you have no love for all things Spurs ...

Why are you even here?

Chelsea are a superior quality team to Milan. But we were tactically much better against them than we were against Inter. And I credited Sissoko, his team mates and especially Poch for that superb performance. And I did suggest reasons why Inter were a tactically different proposition, but that doesn't change the fact that we were pretty poor second half, surrendering an 8% swing in possession, creating virtually nothing until the goal in the 80thminute, in a game we desperately needed to win.

I felt our midfield failed to control and instigate much - and criticised both Winks and Sissoko for that - and our AM's didn't create much either - and criticised them for that too.

Firstly don’t you dare question my allegiance to our great club
I’ve no idea how old you are but I was going to the Lane in the early 60s when you were probably still in nappies!!

But it's OK for you to question mine?

So just because the Chief Sports writer of the Times says that it wasn’t one of Sissoko’s better games that’s gospel is it?

No, but he's not a Spurs fan, looking at it with Spurs tinted glasses, or your Sissoko tinted glasses.

I have no agenda, unlike you, other than to hope for the best for our great team

I have always seen something about Sissoko even when he was continually misplacing passes, losing control of the ball etc and I got major stick on here as I always put myself in the place of an opposing defender
Would I want this beast running at me in full flight?
Would i fuck!
And that wasn’t taking into consideration how much running and covering he has always done or his excellent attitude where he didn’t moan or whinge but got on with it always giving 100%

But that is an agenda isn't it. You hung your hat on the bloke, even when he was poor, and now you've got a vested interest in bigging up every thing he does right, because it makes you"right".

If you were objective you'd just acknowledge there's been an improvement in his performance, but until Palace and Chelsea, they were still pretty ordinary performances, he'd just dragged himself up to an acceptable standard. Chelsea he was good. But most of our players are good. Most of our players were good in those games. He wasn't great last night, especially second half, but that run was.

MOTM for me was Poch. Brilliant use of the squad (not just in this game but those preceeding too). Getting his tactics spot on for a 2nd successive game and more importantly than his tactics getting our players mentality right, we stuck to the job, controled the game and stayed patient and were justly rewarded (the only time I felt nevous last night was thier last corner Inter hand in extra time). Subs worked a treat too.

But seeing it's a player thread for me it has to be Vertonghen, another flawless performnce. The older he gets the better his game. Love him.

Dele too was also suberb, dare I say it this season he looks the best I've seen from him. His allround game and allround contribution with and without the ball is a fantastic. He puts fear into defenders who don't know whether to get physical with him, stand off him no matter what they do he gets the better of them either by beating them or quickly moving the ball onto a Spurs shirt in a threatening possition. This year might not be a headline making year where he scores 15 goals or gets 15 asists, ignore these and leave those to the top trump kids and watch what he does. That lay off to Eriksen was as good as Sissoko's run, 80th min in a must win game, against a good side happy to just defend and making as hard as possible for us, that was coolness personified..........He's amazing!!

Last edited:
Wait...Henry Winter said it? Henry...Winter! THE Henry Winter. You should have said...

giphy.gif

What a load of shit, it’s not often that I like to join in when I see someone getting stick on here. . .

But you are a special kind of cunt fiddler. Sissoko was brilliant apart from that one moment where he lost the ball and that is bound to happen occasionally when Poch asks him to take risks in transition. His covering runs, defensive positioning, passing, bursts forward and most of all his reading of the game were all top notch.

I was at the game and paid special attention to him, he was awesome. It’s also clear to see how pleased Poch is with Him and he wouldn’t be pleased if Sissoko was poor.

I actually don’t think you believe half of what you write, you just do it for the attention.

No one angry that I criticised Winks as insipid, Lamela as erratic and clumsy, Moura as pffft, Alli as inconsequential ?

Bazali Bazali
If even the chief sports writer of The Times is saying it’s not one of his (Sissoko) better games, could it possibly be the agenda-ometer is leaning more your way than mine?

I did forget to “credit” Sissoko with his run in the first half, butI also chose not to mention the time in the first half when their guy walked past him and bore down on our box, it was one of their few dangerous moments in the first half, or the time in the second half when he just ambled over and allowed Perisic to get a cross in.

I also didn’t “itemise” or”credit” Winks great run, his shot that hit the bar, or anyone else’s “good moments” but it seems it’s only a crime if we don’t itemise every single piece (2) of Sissoko’s work whilst looking away when he fucks up.

Come on Bazza, I even named the thread after him. Lighten up. I’m wondering if you’re actually a Spurs fan, or just a member of the The cult of Sissoko.

I think we're all just bored of the rubbish you continue to post

No, but he's not a Spurs fan, looking at it with Spurs tinted glasses, or your Sissoko tinted glasses.

But that is an agenda isn't it. You hung your hat on the bloke, even when he was poor, and now you've got a vested interest in bigging up every thing he does right, because it makes you"right".

If you were objective you'd just acknowledge there's been an improvement in his performance, but until Palace and Chelsea, they were still pretty ordinary performances, he'd just dragged himself up to an acceptable standard. Chelsea he was good. But most of our players are good. Most of our players were good in those games. He wasn't great last night, especially second half, but that run was.

If it were Josh Onomah putting in these displays you'd be piping him up.

I don’t continually slag off one of our players

He’s in a minority
Most people who know football reckon he was MOM
You don’t
Go figure

I don’t need to ‘big’ him up
He’s doing that himself

That’s a lie

I clearly said he was below par but I always saw something in him and I’ve always acknowledged that he’s improved and think he will continue

If you’re going to continue to post here and I hope that you don’t stop twisting what others are saying in order for you to make a point

Thanks, you make my point for me. He made even less passes against an inferior opposition tonight than he did against a superior Chelsea. Which is why I called that a decent performance, because he also did a lot more without the ball. And he didn’t make 40, he made 36. He tried 40.

That’s a bit like when you tried to bullshit everyone that Sissoko had the highest pass completion rate at the club this season isn’t it, then I checked and it turned out it was 8th.

And he also faded second half against Chelsea and was also pushed up after a sub was made.

And for the record, even Henry Winter in the times said this wasn’t one of Sissoko’s better games.

Maybe it’s you who needs to get his head out of his arse and watch games properly.
where are you from mate, just out of interest?

Sissoko MOTM for me, that's 3 he's got from me so far.
It's true what bus-conductor bus-conductor said in his OP, we were poorer at the start of the second half and that was when our midfield struggled a bit.
But, IMV, it was because Poch had obviously told Lucas to play further forward, effectively playing 2 up front, which left our midfield exposed.
This is when Sissoko came into his own for me, the amount of work rate and covering of other players he did was incredible.
Also bus-conductor bus-conductor said in his OP that Sissoko had a disappointing return of 12 completed passes from a total of 14. Well that works out at @ 86%, not bad.

Sissoko MOTM for me, that's 3 he's got from me so far.
It's true what bus-conductor bus-conductor said in his OP, we were poorer at the start of the second half and that was when our midfield struggled a bit.
But, IMV, it was because Poch had obviously told Lucas to play further forward, effectively playing 2 up front, which left our midfield exposed.
This is when Sissoko came into his own for me, the amount of work rate and covering of other players he did was incredible.
Also bus-conductor bus-conductor said in his OP that Sissoko had a disappointing return of 12 completed passes from a total of 14. Well that works out at @ 86%, not bad.

But when that 86% is of 14, it's not so great. Even if it was 100% it would still mean he only completed 14 passes in 48 minutes. For a cm in a cm2 of a game we needed to win and control, against a team like Inter, not great all. And Winks was barely any better.

I don't think the tactical set up was right either. But I disagree about the amount of work Sissoko got through, he was blowing hard, and I wasn't the only one who noticed him ambling about several times last night, and was culpable in some of their more threatening moments, such as the ones Ive mentioned above. Not all his fault though, I really don't think him and Winks was a winning formula as a CM2. Neither are great positionally. I think two games in a few days as well would have taken it's toll on Sissoko, he put a lot into that Chelsea game. Even in the Chelsea game Sissoko faded second half and we ended up bringing on Winks and shoving him forward.

But when that 86% is of 14, it's not so great. Even if it was 100% it would still mean he only completed 14 passes in 48 minutes. For a cm in a cm2 of a game we needed to win and control, not great all. And Winks was barely any better.

I don't think the tactical set up was right either. But I disagree about the amount of work Sissoko got through, he was blowing hard, and I wasn't the only one who noticed him ambling about several times last night, and was culpable in some of their more threatening moments, such as the ones Ive mentioned above. Not all his fault though, I really don't think him and Winks was a winning formula as a CM2. Neither are great positionally. I think two games in a few days as well would have taken it's toll on Sissoko, he put a lot into that Chelsea game. Even in the Chelsea game Sissoko faded second half and we ended up bringing on Winks and shoving him forward.
86% is still good completion rate and although you didn't say it, I got the impression (and I could be wrong here) from you that the total amount of passes he made was his fault. Not that the team as a whole had less possession.
Genuine question as I know you like your stats;
Did anyone else make the same amount of passes, with an equal or better completion rate, during the same period of time ?
(I can't be arsed to look)

86% is still good completion rate and although you didn't say it, I got the impression (and I could be wrong here) from you that the total amount of passes he made was his fault. Not that the team as a whole had less possession.
Genuine question as I know you like your stats;
Did anyone else make the same amount of passes, with an equal or better completion rate, during the same period of time ?
(I can't be arsed to look)

Mate, I think you are dwelling on the completion percentage and ignoring the bigger issue, that neither of our CM's got on the ball enough.

I'm not sure and I'm not going to look through 10 other players, but Winks only made two more in the second half for example. Neither were good. And I did point out that it was a team issue, we completed 100 less passes second half - as a team. But the midfield drives the team, and ours didn't that second half. Sissoko, whatever he is, is not a metronomic passer. Winks can be but I think he ended up doing too much of the running back and fetching last night, which isn't his forte either. Eriksen is a massive miss to us - he is that 8/10 hybrid who sees the ball 60-70 times a game and connects the dots together, especially the midfield to the attack.

Back
Top Bottom