Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks is being far to overrated. He squad player. We probably need another experienced CM in the summer cos Dembele aint getting younger.
giphy.gif

Common fellas, if winks was a 26 year old french man nobody would have mentioned his name on BT.
They were like, fuck, an English CM. And he did well. He must be the new Paul Gascoigne. FFS Winks is a good player but lets all calm the fuck down!
But he's not 26 he's 21!!! That's kind of the point, it's why everyone has gone "there is a player there". He's also proved at Tottenham and when he played for England that he adds more ti the team than Henderson, Winks actually plays the ball forward, he's heads up looking to move the ball on quickly and doesn't need to have 4 touches to do so, he's also looks to advance us up the pitch by carrying the ball. All these things he does that no other English footballer is cable of, so I guess it's relevant that he's not French and that because there appears no-one in English football that has the ability to do this in his position.

He has a very long way to go still, haven't heard anyone say he's the finished product. He has struggled in a couple of games too. But without doubt he's a baller and they are in very short supply and because of this there will rightly be a lot of attention on him.

Common fellas, if winks was a 26 year old french man nobody would have mentioned his name on BT.
They were like, fuck, an English CM. And he did well. He must be the new Paul Gascoigne. FFS Winks is a good player but lets all calm the fuck down!

Who's multi is this ? If he was 26?!?!

Maybe if he was 75ft tall he'd have a career as a crane & not a footballer. Maybe if he was made of self reproducing jelly he'd run a kids party empire.

How would that sit with poch?
Everyone had to bust a gut in the killer training sessions to get a chance to play
Moose sits them out but gets picked if 90% fit....

Only a hypothetical question

Everyone had to bust a gut in the killer training sessions to get a chance to play

All depends on if Moose can do what Ledley did and still perform to an extremely high standard on the pitch imo.

I don't think midfielders can get away with not training though personally.

To be fair, being fit enough to start Premier League games is a big IF for Dembele.

But there are ALOT of players in this team who rate Dembele as one of the best footballers they have ever played with or against (in training), Rose, Alli, Vertonghen just to name a few so I am sure they would understand.

To be fair, being fit enough to start Premier League games is a big IF for Dembele.

But there are ALOT of players in this team who rate Dembele as one of the best footballers they have ever played with or against (in training), Rose, Alli, Vertonghen just to name a few so I am sure they would understand.
So...are we forking him or not? You need to make your mind up about him. For me, give him plenty of rest time & bring him back in when he’s ready. We have a squad that can cope in the meantime, but he’s a superb option to have.
What are your thoughts, given your rather abrupt dismissal of a long serving player, only a couple of days ago?

So...are we forking him or not? You need to make your mind up about him. For me, give him plenty of rest time & bring him back in when he’s ready. We have a squad that can cope in the meantime, but he’s a superb option to have.
What are your thoughts, given your rather abrupt dismissal of a long serving player, only a couple of days ago?

The sentence was to the fact that he breaks down too often. He's still one or our most gifted footballers but we simply cannot rely on him. More importantly, we are winning games and winning games convincingly without him which is something we did struggle with for a while.

I think his role in the team is about to change. He's no longer a guaranteed starter. Whoever called Winks being our starting central midfielder by Christmas called it. He's overtaking Dembele at an alarming rate. It's now a case of who partners Winks in my opinion. Dier is winning that race due to his flexibility.

There's no better player to bring on with 15 minutes to go to see out a game then Dembele due to his ability on the ball. I reckon that's a good role for him.

The sentence was to the fact that he breaks down too often. He's still one or our most gifted footballers but we simply cannot rely on him. More importantly, we are winning games and winning games convincingly without him which is something we did struggle with for a while.

I think his role in the team is about to change. He's no longer a guaranteed starter. Whoever called Winks being our starting central midfielder by Christmas called it. He's overtaking Dembele at an alarming rate. It's now a case of who partners Winks in my opinion. Dier is winning that race due to his flexibility.

There's no better player to bring on with 15 minutes to go to see out a game then Dembele due to his ability on the ball. I reckon that's a good role for him.
So what did you mean by “stick a fork in him”?
To me, that means kill him off, put him out of his misery, get rid. If you meant something different, then you should have phrased it different.

So what did you mean by “stick a fork in him”?
To me, that means kill him off, put him out of his misery, get rid. If you meant something different, then you should have phrased it different.

His career as a guaranteed first team starter.

We all know he can't play more than one game a week and the way we are evolving as a team, it's rare we are always going to have one game in a week. With all the cups, midweek games etc.

It doesn't help that he seems to get injured in training often enough. He can't be at 100% when he plays and I know even a 80% is just as talented, but what's the point risking it if we know we can perform without him. Ledleys different in that our defence was genuinely poor without his inclusion.

His career as a guaranteed first team starter.

We all know he can't play more than one game a week and the way we are evolving as a team, it's rare we are always going to have one game in a week. With all the cups, midweek games etc.

It doesn't help that he seems to get injured in training often enough. He can't be at 100% when he plays and I know even a 80% is just as talented, but what's the point risking it if we know we can perform without him. Ledleys different in that our defence was genuinely poor without his inclusion.
So we stick a fork in his career then?
Ok.
I will back him to come back & play a vital role.

We all shit ourselves Victor and Dembele were injured, yet a young player with a serious injury at the end of last season comes in and deputises beautifully. What is there not too like and applaud? Nobody has said he is the best player in the World, the league or the team but his improvement is there for everyone to see. They don't all have to be the next Gazza to succeed.

I'm not for one blowing smoke up our players arses but FFS man, you're the polar opposite.

Back
Top Bottom