Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think I'm ignoring that. I think that a Dier or Wanyama are also capable of those tasks you mentioned but are much less capable of beating a man on the dribble and drawing defenders in to open up space for our other attackers when we are playing teams that set themselves up on the edge of their box.

I really don't see it as a major adjustment to how he plays now nor do I believe that he doesn't have the ability to give it a try when appropriate. I'm not advocating that he play in behind Kane each and every minute of every game, just that he be freed up on occasion to help more in the attack when we need it.

Thanks for the advice on the proper way to appreciate his play though.
:dembelewtf:
He’s the best dribbler in the team, he’s also my favourite player to watch in the team. But he doesn’t do want you want him to do and he never has whilst playing for us for 5yrs, so it’s pointless wanting to see it, isn’t it?

Given this post from a couple of months ago it's a bit odd that you're cunting off Dembele these days in favour of the supposedly reborn New Ricky Villa in the form of Mousa "touch-of-a-rapist" Sissoko, ¿no?

I notice you didn't make any mention of NRV's awful ball watching for the 1-3, which set the jitters in motion...

He’s the best dribbler in the team, he’s also my favourite player to watch in the team. But he doesn’t do want you want him to do and he never has whilst playing for us for 5yrs, so it’s pointless wanting to see it, isn’t it?
Tottenham haven't won the league in my lifetime. Is wanting to see the club do that pointless too?

Given this post from a couple of months ago it's a bit odd that you're cunting off Dembele these days in favour of the supposedly reborn New Ricky Villa in the form of Mousa "touch-of-a-rapist" Sissoko, ¿no?

I notice you didn't make any mention of NRV's awful ball watching for the 1-3, which set the jitters in motion...

I wasn't cunting Dembele off at all.

I'm happy with Moose being used for CL games. We need his ball retention.

He's my favourite player and at times our most important so it is very nice to see us win tough games without him. Sadly in a few seasons we'll have to experience life without Moose.

The guys done.

Atleast we are winning games without him nowadays.

I have to agree, this isn't the first time he has had a long absence, his knee and hip have troubled him in the past. Such a shame as he is a delight to watch and one of those players that makes me laugh how he gets out of trouble. I wonder if he will be another King who will hardly train but come in for the occasional big game...

I do find the Poch's comment about his personal medical issues interesting. Perhaps he has another unrelated problem that prevents him from playing but the club don't want to draw too much attention to it as it's personal. I hope it's nothing serious as when all is said and done – it's only football.

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

Will never forget the 2015/2016 season when he was absolutely incredible and one of, if not, the best central midfielder in the league.

He does seem to be becoming our Vincent Kompany. Not quite as bad as that train wreck yet thankfully, he's got muscles made of stale plasticine, but it is getting slightly worrying.

I love Moose, want him to be fully fit for a prolonged period so bad. Fingers crossed he'll have an injection or summat and be back soon!

He does seem to be becoming our Vincent Kompany. Not quite as bad as that train wreck yet thankfully, he's got muscles made of stale plasticine, but it is getting slightly worrying.

I love Moose, want him to be fully fit for a prolonged period so bad. Fingers crossed he'll have an injection or summat and be back soon!

It'll get to a stage where he'll end up like Ledley and just not training at all. Poch said he can't even handle the intensity of his training sessions. His hip has ruined him.

Luckily, we have learnt to deal without him and he's no longer anywhere near as important as he once was.

Would be a cracking player to bring on the last 15 minute of games though to just keep hold of the ball

It'll get to a stage where he'll end up like Ledley and just not training at all. Poch said he can't even handle the intensity of his training sessions. His hip has ruined him.

Luckily, we have learnt to deal without him and he's no longer anywhere near as important as he once was.

Would be a cracking player to bring on the last 15 minute of games though to just keep hold of the ball
It does seem like it could get to that stage. Mind you if he did a Ledley and still bossed it on match day then fair enough!

I get what you're saying, we have proved we can still win games without him, and so we should, but when fit he's in the starting xi all day long. It's great that we can win without him, but just hope he isn't sidelined for too long this time.

It does seem like it could get to that stage. Mind you if he did a Ledley and still bossed it on match day then fair enough!

I get what you're saying, we have proved we can still win games without him, and so we should, but when fit he's in the starting xi all day long. It's great that we can win without him, but just hope he isn't sidelined for too long this time.

Winks is his successor and with that comes a different style in our midfield. We were never gonna replace Dembele like for like so we had to change the way the midfielder in his position went about things. Dembele was excellent at keeping the ball, whether it's carrying it or passing (regularly our best passer), Winks provides the keeping of the ball in a different manner, big bonus is he isn't a crock.

Back
Top Bottom