Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't know there were goats in Florida.

DFMCdDTXoAAtROt.jpg

he was the best player on the pitch yesterday. that interception in the second half and the run when he almost played kane in for 1 on 1 were so good
It's pretty pathetic how people like Burley give out player ratings. Wanyama was a 6 and Dembele a 7 (they weren't on the same planet yesterday). In fact, he gave every one of our players a 6 or 7 besides Lloris.

Would really love to see Dembele given more license to drive into the box to cause havoc when we are playing teams camped outside their box like Burnley. If there is a player in the team that can just move past players like they aren't there, it's him.

It too often feels like his greatest talent isn't fully utilized when he is relegated to simply recycling possession when the ball pops back out of the final third after the breakdown of an attacking move.

Can someone please explain to me why he was played against Barnsley in the glamorous 'energy drink' cup? I love Poch more than life itself, but for all the talk of 'game management' and his lack of interest in the competition...considering the injury he picked up, this looks very stupid.

Can someone please explain to me why he was played against Barnsley in the glamorous 'energy drink' cup? I love Poch more than life itself, but for all the talk of 'game management' and his lack of interest in the competition...considering the injury he picked up, this looks very stupid.
A. Dembele can't play twice a week
B. Poch said Dembele had a knock
C. Poch values the CL more

D. Dembele and Son will play midweek in Cyprus

Would really love to see Dembele given more license to drive into the box to cause havoc when we are playing teams camped outside their box like Burnley. If there is a player in the team that can just move past players like they aren't there, it's him.

It too often feels like his greatest talent isn't fully utilized when he is relegated to simply recycling possession when the ball pops back out of the final third after the breakdown of an attacking move.
You are ignoring what he brings to the game defensively. He is the player tasked to track any brakes by the oppo when we are high up the pitch and very little gets past him, he’s also superb and showing players out wide allowing for CB’s to gain shape. Should celabrate what he does for the team rather than wish he did something has had never done in the 5(?) years he’s been with us.

You are ignoring what he brings to the game defensively. He is the player tasked to track any brakes by the oppo when we are high up the pitch and very little gets past him, he’s also superb and showing players out wide allowing for CB’s to gain shape. Should celabrate what he does for the team rather than wish he did something has had never done in the 5(?) years he’s been with us.

I don't think I'm ignoring that. I think that a Dier or Wanyama are also capable of those tasks you mentioned but are much less capable of beating a man on the dribble and drawing defenders in to open up space for our other attackers when we are playing teams that set themselves up on the edge of their box.

I really don't see it as a major adjustment to how he plays now nor do I believe that he doesn't have the ability to give it a try when appropriate. I'm not advocating that he play in behind Kane each and every minute of every game, just that he be freed up on occasion to help more in the attack when we need it.

Thanks for the advice on the proper way to appreciate his play though.
:dembelewtf:

Back
Top Bottom