Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watch this - no one else does it. The way he comfortably shifts the ball to the other side of his body and uses his leg to block the opponent from getting there is just something that comes natural to HIM - there probably isn't anyone else like him because that's not something you're going to train to do. Him being a street footballer and keeping hold of the ball probably contributes.

Just watch this - no one else does it. The way he comfortably shifts the ball to the other side of his body and uses his leg to block the opponent from getting there is just something that comes natural to HIM - there probably isn't anyone else like him because that's not something you're going to train to do. Him being a street footballer and keeping hold of the ball probably contributes.

On the guardian podcast they once mentioned a story about Dembele's background, which he spoke about in an interview. If I remember correctly at his school they didn't have proper football goals, only basketball nets, so instead they played some version where you have to just dribble from one basketball net to another and stop the ball underneath and that reaching that net was a 'goal'. I can imagine he was the all time king of this game. Also explains why he doesn't seem that bothered about scoring goals where you have to kick the ball into the net.

Briefly looked for the interview but haven't been able to find it. As an apocryphal tale it makes perfect sense.

On the guardian podcast they once mentioned a story about Dembele's background, which he spoke about in an interview. If I remember correctly at his school they didn't have proper football goals, only basketball nets, so instead they played some version where you have to just dribble from one basketball net to another and stop the ball underneath and that reaching that net was a 'goal'. I can imagine he was the all time king of this game. Also explains why he doesn't seem that bothered about scoring goals where you have to kick the ball into the net.

Briefly looked for the interview but haven't been able to find it. As an apocryphal tale it makes perfect sense.

‘I just like to play, to pass the ball and dribble,’ says the Belgium star. ‘When I was young I never shot. I always wanted to dribble the ball in the goal. I don’t want to shoot because I don’t like to, but it’s different now. You have more experience and you think more.

‘Is it about scoring the perfect goal? Yes, maybe. Before I always played on the street with two lampposts that were like a basketball pitch, and we could not shoot. You had to dribble and touch the ball on the posts to score. We never shoot the ball.

‘So maybe it’s because I always played on the street and I liked to do it nice and beautiful.’ He smiles, before saying ‘boom’ and mimicking a driving shot from distance.

Read more: Tottenham's Mousa Dembele on why he is not the new Luca Modric | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Bare knuckle fighter in ballerina pumps. Worth the entrance fee just to watch him. One of the best games I've seen him play, there have been many, was Plopp's first game. It was at The Lane and the first half, especially the first 20mins they were sprinting into the press, and with Dembele three would go at him at him simultaneously, he never lost the ball once. Within 40 mins Plops men had nothing left, legs gone to jelly. Beautiful, graceful, powerful baller.

Bare knuckle fighter in ballerina pumps. Worth the entrance fee just to watch him. One of the best games I've seen him play, there have been many, was Plopp's first game. It was at The Lane and the first half, especially the first 20mins they were sprinting into the press, and with Dembele three would go at him at him simultaneously, he never lost the ball once. Within 40 mins Plops men had nothing left, legs gone to jelly. Beautiful, graceful, powerful baller.

There's a whole 12 minute YouTube video on Dembeles 2015/2016 season and that Liverpool home game features. Lallana and Can just bouncing off him. Absolutely majestic that game

That's when we had no Dier due to suspension and Dembele first game back from injury. He was partnering Alli in central midfield.

Last edited:
There's a whole 12 minute YouTube video on Dembeles 2015/2016 season and that Liverpool home game features. Lallana and Can just bouncing off him. Absolutely majestic that game

That's when we had no Dier due to suspension and Dembele first game back from injury. He was partnering Alli in central midfield.
Few days late but this just popped up on my timeline

:ledleylick:

The match that saw us sign Dembele.

He then done it again a few weeks later when we beat United at Old Trafford 3-2.

Back
Top Bottom