Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

nintchdbpict000328345390.jpg

Our midfield beast... with the man bag :lennon::dawsonlol:

Forgot he had surgery. Nice to see him slot straight back in.

A fully fit Dembele with a pre season behind him would be great to start the season with, especially at Wembley.

Anyone else find it bizarre there is never any talk of anyone trying to sign Dembele? The man is a footballing god.

Because he suits our system and we allow him to play to his strengths. There's a reason he doesn't get in the Belgian team.

Injuries and some patchy spells in past seasons prob helped keep him under the radar of anyone with the means to prize him away too.

Pretty unorthodox player too. As above you do have to play to his strengths.

Anyone else find it bizarre there is never any talk of anyone trying to sign Dembele? The man is a footballing god.

He said when in talks over his contract last summer that he's happy to stay at Spurs as long as we want him - not sure it helped his negotiating position, but in any case he's looking to end his career with us.

I was having a conversation with another Spurs man today at work and between us no one could think of anyone who is a similar style to Dembele, bearing in mind all the physicality he brings as well as technique (and im sure something about him being very left footed in CM gives him an edge, markers will naturally look to his right foot). Nearest we got was an on-form Pogba and that Nainggolan fella at Roma. Would be great to have someone in the squad who can be Dembele Mk2 but is there one out there?

I was having a conversation with another Spurs man today at work and between us no one could think of anyone who is a similar style to Dembele, bearing in mind all the physicality he brings as well as technique (and im sure something about him being very left footed in CM gives him an edge, markers will naturally look to his right foot). Nearest we got was an on-form Pogba and that Nainggolan fella at Roma. Would be great to have someone in the squad who can be Dembele Mk2 but is there one out there?
Adrien Silva from Sporting who we are being linked with is compared a fair bit to Dembele in his style of play. Might not be the same but possibly the closest we can come to it.

Then you have Onomah who bases his playstyle on him but Josh is still young and developing so he's not fully there yet

Barkley could be with time and the right training

Another player that doesn't require pace in order to be effective.

He could have a good few years left playing at a peak level.

Don't agree with that, I think he uses his pace a lot. He lets people run around him in midfield then surges ahead of them to get between them and the ball, does a turn or two, levers them off with his massive thighs and he's away. Poetry in motion.

No one in world football like Dembele. There are players who can do what he does in terms of beating a player through strength and balance but in terms of using their other foot to shield the ball whilst kicking it forward with the other foot? Dont think I've seen anyone in the history of football do it so successfully..

Don't agree with that, I think he uses his pace a lot. He lets people run around him in midfield then surges ahead of them to get between them and the ball, does a turn or two, levers them off with his massive thighs and he's away. Poetry in motion.

It's not so much pace... It's his first step. It's deadly

It's a mixture of things. He more relies on feints, shoulder drop to wrong foot or shift away from opponent etc. But for a big guy he gets very low to the ground so can change direction quickly.
He is decievingly quick though (with great acceleration) , you can see it when he tracks back. Just lacks the body (injuries) to sprint all game, most big guys do (Wanyama is a freak).

Back
Top Bottom