Moment Of The Season 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You keep stating that Poch hates Lamela which is very clearly far from the case. It's comments like this which have you averaging a disagree every second post. You know nothing about what Poch thinks about any of our players. Absolutely fucking nothing, yet you continue to spout on like you and he are the same person. You're quite possibly worse than Gibbs. I for one am excited about Erik's return to the team, as our many of our fans. Don't cry too much when it happens though, you're not as special as you seem to think you are.

I did not say hate, I believe he simply doesn't rate him and he's never been in his long term plans and was only ever a stop gap he's constantly sought to upgrade. If I am wrong and he's given a new contract and is a regular starter next season, I will apologize and admit I was wrong. Will you agree to do the same and admit you were wrong if he's sold and apologize to me?

I did not say hate, I believe he simply doesn't rate him and he's never been in his long term plans and was only ever a stop gap he's constantly sought to upgrade. If I am wrong and he's given a new contract and is a regular starter next season, I will apologize and admit I was wrong. Will you agree to do the same and admit you were wrong if he's sold and apologize to me?

Will I apologise to you for your anti lamela agenda? No. And frankly I'd be disappointed in the club for letting a talented player go while we continue signing flops like GKN N'Jie and Sissoko.

All of whom are the players you see as being bought to upgrade on Lamela, despite it being very clear that they were bought to strengthen our squad, as opposed to forcing Erik out of the team.

The closest Poch has come to trying to strengthen Eriks position is when he signed Son, but that was a signing to move Eriksen central instead of being stuck out on the left as at the time nobody knew what to expect of Dele.

Been to every single home game this year but bizarrely my most stand out moment is walking home from work during the closing moments of the Swansea away game; frantically refreshing my phone, begging BBC Football to show an equaliser. Almost home we score, as my key went in the door it was 3-1. Went mental on the street completely by myself. God knows what the neighbours think.

Hull fans applauding Harry after he was subbed off at the final game - speaks volumes about the moral fibre of the lad - worth a mention

For me the moment of the season came in the Beehive after the Wycombe Wanderers game when some soap-dodging pissed-up looking Wanderers fan came up to us and said "Your useless fucking team wouldn't last two seconds in League 2... Ya cunts". Pretty sure he worked for Sky

In a season with THAT amount of points, THAT amount of goals, there will be so many memories that stick out. But if I chose one game:

Being in South Stand for Dele's first half goal v Chavs. Place went mental.

In a perfect world I'd have walked around to the North for the 2nd half to be there for his 2nd.

For the last half hour we had Winksy on as sub for Moose. Think about it - 6 young Englishmen on the pitch seeing out the game comfortably v the Russians. Half of them from the Academy. Combined cost somewhere between £10-15m. Felt such pride at that point, this is the right way to do things.

What was the goal where Eriksen lobbed it from the edge of the area and Dele finished it? Was a great team goal.

I think our sexiest goals this year have been based on interplay rather than screamers

the whole finale day for me was just perfect from the preparation to the rainbow at the end the whole day was perfect. The sight of 29000 spurs fans waving flags as the teams came out was awesome and spine tingling. The magnificent support that drowned out the commentators for most of the game. The dominant display from the team a nice early goal in each half to settle any nerves and even the late goal for Man U kept the team honest in the closing minutes to give some tension to the end though the result was never in doubt.

A joyous celebratory pitch invasion at the end and then a classy closing ceremony and to top it all the perfectly timed Rainbow. A day that will stay with me for a long time, and I was at home on the sofa! Can't begin to imagine the pride and joy of those lucky enough to have been in the ground. What a day and what a season COYS

Not this season but for me, the most important moment was a couple of seasons ago.
Kane's last minute, deflected free kick at Villa Park. It sent thousands of us mental, most of whom just simply laughed hysterically.
We just knew by that seismic shift, that the direction, and indeed the fortunes of Tottenham Hotspur, had changed irrevocably.
Nothing would be the same again. We had walked out of the shadows, and into the sunlight.
So it was written, so it was done.

Moment of the season - last game at WHL. Crowd already ecstatic, noise deafening , Victor scored in the 6th minute to settle nerves and I looked around at the supporters. Whether you had been a season ticket holder for 50 odd years or it was your first ever time (and last) at the ground, the togetherness of everyone there (apart from the red enclave in the corner with the odd Spurs fan amongst them!) was just the best feeling in the world. Magic as they say....

Back
Top Bottom