Moment Of The Season 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a season this has been, from our demolition of City at home followed by steady improvement through the end of 16 and into this year. Performances the like of which I've never seen from the lilywhites, culminating in two truly magical days at the Lane.

What moment do you pick out as your highlight of this fantastic season, and why? I'm going for this;

Although there are more spectacular moments you could choose, for me this says it all about spurs right now. A young local lad who's come up through the academy and taken to first team football like a duck to water. A goal on debut, the schoolboy dream. And what is best of all for me is his reaction, he goes absolutely ballistic, you can see how much it all means to him, he runs straight to Poch, and Poch is even more pumped! It seems to sum up the unity and conviction in our club now.

Get fit again soon Harry, we need you for even bigger adventures ahead next season!

What a season this has been, from our demolition of City at home followed by steady improvement through the end of 16 and into this year. Performances the like of which I've never seen from the lilywhites, culminating in two truly magical days at the Lane.

What moment do you pick out as your highlight of this fantastic season, and why? I'm going for this;

Although there are more spectacular moments you could choose, for me this says it all about spurs right now. A young local lad who's come up through the academy and taken to first team football like a duck to water. A goal on debut, the schoolboy dream. And what is best of all for me is his reaction, he goes absolutely ballistic, you can see how much it all means to him, he runs straight to Poch, and Poch is even more pumped! It seems to sum up the unity and conviction in our club now.

I'm with you there, that game in particular was right up there as we were 2-1 down with a couple of minutes to go, but to come back and win it after they were singing "it's happening again" was fantastic.

The 2-0 demolitions of Chelsea and Woolwich were not far behind.

The presentations after the United game for me.

If it has to be a moment in a match, probably Dele's goal against Watford.... just for how class it was.

Yeah i would go with west ham at home and swansea away as i love a late dramatic turn around
The Woolwich game would probably come in third
But a great season in so many ways

Erik Lamela's nutmeg on Andros Townsend

giphy.gif

should probably add Danny Rose's reaction to this I guess...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
That clip of Poch looking at the crowd during the goodbye WHL ceremony properly choked me up. I was worried about watching that whole thing with my girlfriend because even though she knows how stupidly emotional I was likely to get about it I still didn't want to cry in front of her about a football stadium. That bit really got me though and all the memories about going to the Lane with my grandad when I was a kid came flooding back. Cue me going "I need to go to the toilet!" and running out of the room for a little bit...

Swansea away immediately springs to mind. My brain had already been doing the "it's okay, we'll bounce back from this" process to try and numb the impending disappointment.

Then those final few minutes happened and I just remember being face down on the floor, not believing what I'd just seen. Looked over at my girlfriend who just had this 'holy shit, Spurs are actually good now' look of surprise on her face.

Other than that, the obvious moments would be Chelsea, Woolwich, and United at home - but there was a weird confidence about all three of those beforehand. Even for the Chelsea at home... I just had this feeling that we were going to end their winning run.

Of the rest: for some reason, I really really loved that Southampton away match. Maybe because they hate us so much and to slap them once they went down to ten men was rather funny.

My picks...

Swansea and Palace away, as they showed the spirit, fight, determination and class of our team.

Kane penalty vs Arse as it sealed our victory over the cunts.

Wanyama header vs United. That game meant so much for our club and the history books.

Kane penalty against Woolwich
The rainbow appearing over White Hart Lane at the end of the celebrations against United
Harry Winks' goal vs West Ham
Kane's two goals to turn it around against West Ham
The turn around vs Swansea
Eriksen's goal against Palace
The Leicester whitewash
Alli double against Chelsea
Ending Guardiola's streak and City's title challenge by beating them at the Lane

It is amazing how many teams we have simply destroyed, I mean look at how many wins by over 3 goals we've had.
Stoke 0-4 Tottenham
Tottenham 5-0 Gillingham
Tottenham 5-0 Swansea
Tottenham 3-0 Hull
Southampton 1-4 Tottenham
Watford 1-4 Tottenham
Tottenham 4-0 West Brom
Fulham 0-3 Tottenham
Tottenham 4-0 Stoke
Tottenham 6-0 Millwall
Tottenham 4-0 Watford
Tottenham 4-0 Bournemouth
Leicester 1-6 Tottenham
Hull 1-7 Tottenham

Erik Lamela's nutmeg on Andros Townsend

giphy.gif

should probably add Danny Rose's reaction to this I guess...

giphy.gif

That's seriously your moment of the season?

I think Rose's reaction was more: "Christ, I hope he doesn't try nutmegging someone in our own half against Monaco in the Champions League!"

Swansea away and Chelsea at home for me.

That's seriously your moment of the season?

I think Rose's reaction was more: "Christ, I hope he doesn't try nutmegging someone in our own half against Monaco in the Champions League!"

Swansea away and Chelsea at home for me.

I'd put my house on you saying nothing if Dele had done that. Your anti Lamela agenda seems to always be your biggest priority. What's wrong with a fan loving seeing one of our players pull of a fantastic piece of skill?

I'd put my house on you saying nothing if Dele had done that. Your anti Lamela agenda seems to always be your biggest priority. What's wrong with a fan loving seeing one of our players pull of a fantastic piece of skill?

I just thought it was a very strange choice as moment of the season, especially when he tried the same thing a few weeks later against Monaco and got our whole CL campaign off on the wrong foot. His little influence on our season was largely negative, when you add to the silly penalty he gave away against Liverpool and stealing a penalty off Son. I don't have an anti-Lamela agenda, I just don't think he's a very good player the same as some people don't think Sissoko is a very good player, yet no-one accuses them of having an agenda. They'll be happy when it's announced he's being sold and I'll be happy when it's announced Lamela is being sold.

I just thought it was a very strange choice as moment of the season, especially when he tried the same thing a few weeks later against Monaco and got our whole CL campaign off on the wrong foot. His little influence on our season was largely negative, when you add to the silly penalty he gave away against Liverpool and stealing a penalty off Son. I don't have an anti-Lamela agenda, I just don't think he's a very good player the same as some people don't think Sissoko is a very good player, yet no-one accuses them of having an agenda. They'll be happy when it's announced he's being sold and I'll be happy when it's announced Lamela is being sold.

The huge difference being that many people think Sissoko isn't a good player, while many think Lamela is and over your whole time on this forum you've done nothing to convince them otherwise. Consider for a minute you're wrong, then think just how big a twat you've made yourself look on this forum and think how little respect anyone on this forum has left for your opinion.

I just don't think he's a very good player the same as some people don't think Sissoko is a very good player,
yet no-one accuses them of having an agenda. They'll be happy when it's announced he's being sold and
I'll be happy when it's announced Lamela is being sold
:lamelashock:
HOW VERY DARE YOU!
:lamelaaghh:

Wow. You turned what should be a joyous thread into an argument in record time.

The huge difference being that many people think Sissoko isn't a good player, while many think Lamela is and over your whole time on this forum you've done nothing to convince them otherwise. Consider for a minute you're wrong, then think just how big a twat you've made yourself look on this forum and think how little respect anyone on this forum has left for your opinion.

That's because Sissoko doesn't attract a cult like following who over hype every little thing he does well (nutmeg against Crystal Palace being case in point) While being in complete denial about his many shortcomings. I will say no more about Lamela until it's announced he's being sold, and then I will let rip on my thoughts on him. And I expect some humble pie from you when you realise Poch's opinion of Lamela is not far off mine.

That's because Sissoko doesn't attract a cult like following who over hype every little thing he does well (nutmeg against Crystal Palace being case in point) While being in complete denial about his many shortcomings. I will say no more about Lamela until it's announced he's being sold, and then I will let rip on my thoughts on him. And I expect some humble pie from you when you realise Poch's opinion of Lamela is not far off mine.

You keep stating that Poch hates Lamela which is very clearly far from the case. It's comments like this which have you averaging a disagree every second post. You know nothing about what Poch thinks about any of our players. Absolutely fucking nothing, yet you continue to spout on like you and he are the same person. You're quite possibly worse than Gibbs. I for one am excited about Erik's return to the team, as our many of our fans. Don't cry too much when it happens though, you're not as special as you seem to think you are.

Back
Top Bottom