Mike Dean

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe he was told not to and he agreed if he only received a two match ban

The likes of us will probably never be told the truth until his autobiography
Agreed 100%. The FA had us by the balls thanks to the timing of the ban - and you can absolutely bet that they agreed to keep it to two matches (therefore allowing Poch the honour of being in the dugout in our opening game at the new stadium) if he avoided shaming Dean.

I wish it was at another time and Poch could take a 3 or 4 game hit for telling the world what Dean said. Bet he was tempted.

Agreed 100%. The FA had us by the balls thanks to the timing of the ban - and you can absolutely bet that they agreed to keep it to two matches (therefore allowing Poch the honour of being in the dugout in our opening game at the new stadium) if he avoided shaming Dean.

I wish it was at another time and Poch could take a 3 or 4 game hit for telling the world what Dean said. Bet he was tempted.

It'll be interesting to see if Dean gets a bit of a punishment i.e. less high profile teams, perhaps a wee stint in the Championship.

Look the club got favourable treatment with the scheduling of the fixtures to get the new ground open and were not going to rock the boat over this issue. On the field it is normally the player that responds to a player saying or doing something that gets sent off. Anything Dean said only gets him in trouble and not Poch off the charge. Also more fuss could only mean Dean will be vindictive when he Ref's us next. We have to let it drop.

Interesting reading the Times report on this earlier today. Not word for word but basically said: - Poch was confronting Dean fairly about the issue, Dean said something which has not been reported, Poch replied, "what did you say?" and it kicked off from there.
I know it alludes to what we have heard that Dean said something inflammatory but if a national paper are reporting that something was said and it has not been reported then the whole story has not come out and in the interests of fairness it should.

It was stupid by Pochettino. He had no reason to to rant at the referee, it wasn't his fault we lost the game.

A time when things are tough, do we really need our coach losing his shit and getting banned?

Interesting reading the Times report on this earlier today. Not word for word but basically said: - Poch was confronting Dean fairly about the issue, Dean said something which has not been reported, Poch replied, "what did you say?" and it kicked off from there.
I know it alludes to what we have heard that Dean said something inflammatory but if a national paper are reporting that something was said and it has not been reported then the whole story has not come out and in the interests of fairness it should.

One of the versions I’ve heard was that Dean accused Poch of bottling it again and Poch kept demanding that he repeated it for the cameras

Sounds feasible

One of the versions I’ve heard was that Dean accused Poch of bottling it again and Poch kept demanding that he repeated it for the cameras

Sounds feasible
It's really not that bad of an insult. Dean is a massive prick by all accounts but if you are dishing it out you have to be able to take it.

Poch knows he messed up and hopefully he learns from it.

It was stupid by Pochettino. He had no reason to to rant at the referee, it wasn't his fault we lost the game.

A time when things are tough, do we really need our coach losing his shit and getting banned?

I disagree with this. In my opinion the stupid thing he did was defend Mike Dean publicly after the match, not appeal the charge, blindly accept punishment without any defence, and then still not explain what was said was inappropriate and caused a natural healthy confrontation.

You suppose too much. When everyone else knows that something was said by Dean to infuriate Poch, how do you come to the conclusion that Poch had no reason to rant? "It wasn't his [Dean's] fault we lost the game", but it hasn't been suggested that Poch was angry because we lost the game.

You suppose too much. When everyone else knows that something was said by Dean to infuriate Poch, how do you come to the conclusion that Poch had no reason to rant? "It wasn't his [Dean's] fault we lost the game", but it hasn't been suggested that Poch was angry because we lost the game.

Why did Pochettino approach him angrily in the first place?

Well he won't be reffing the League 2 Play-off Final then I guess!! :pocheyes:
...and judging by that footage, he's a lot taller than I thought!
(anyway, isn't he supposed to be Spurs??) :pochsulk:
I love the fact he loves football and celebrating his team. He's no different to any of us. The narrative arround refs is a joke TBH.

(Nothing wrong with fans at a game slating the officials, that's called home advantage, it's part of the theatre of football too. Whenever I've sat near the front along the touchlines it's one of my greatest pleasure screaming "offside" when it clearly isn't or having a pop at the lino all game etc...)

I love the fact he loves football and celebrating his team. He's no different to any of us. The narrative arround refs is a joke TBH.

(Nothing wrong with fans at a game slating the officials, that's called home advantage, it's part of the theatre of football too. Whenever I've sat near the front along the touchlines it's one of my greatest pleasure screaming "offside" when it clearly isn't or having a pop at the lino all game etc...)

Supporting his team and being a fan is one thing.

The fact he's an absolute bell-end is entirely separate! :)

Back
Top Bottom