Mike Dean

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something I have been saying for longer than this. Refs (and media) are against Spurs, have been for many years, finally somebody speaks out on radio. Read below.

Roberts tells of ref conspiracy against Spurs

Roberts :
“I honestly believe that 100 per cent. I think what they’ve done is all ganged up and said to each other, ‘just don’t give them anything’.“That’s obviously what’s happening."

Excruciatingly embarrassing, he should know better than to make such a media statement.

Roberts :
“I honestly believe that 100 per cent. I think what they’ve done is all ganged up and said to each other, ‘just don’t give them anything’.“That’s obviously what’s happening."

Excruciatingly embarrassing, he should know better than to make such a media statement.

Sounds like something said in the pub minutes after the game to mates whilst pissed.

Roberts :

It is a bit embarrassing, and it’s not something I believe, but to be honest after years of Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger, and others using the media to put added pressure on referees, I have no issue with this.

Truth is there's been an agenda against Spurs for years. The ball miles over the line from Clattenburg, Howard Webb deliberately turning away when he saw known wildman Ballotelli about to kick a prone Scott Parker in the face (even Graham Poll said he shouldn't have turned away), the food poisoning on last important day (away to West Ham which the media laughed off as a "dodgy lasagne" - Spam missed a dodgy penalty also given by (guess who) Chris Foy), the two players sent off and two penalties in various matches with Foy and others, Son sent off last season for the other player kicking his hand and diving v Bournemouth then Foyth followed, Spurs players booked easily every match while Granit Xaka did 15 fouls and only got 1 booking, Gareth Bale booked 6 times for diving when all were fouls.

Compare this to Eden Hazard who dived non-stop but was NEVER ONCE accused of diving. Arsene Wenger allowed to bully and moan about every single incident in a match never being pointed out about his bad attitude, unsporting behaviour not shaking hands, etc, Jurgen Klopp doing similar last season.

Spurs have the core of the English national team but you would think they were 'foreigners' because of the treatment by the FA and EPL, yet Woolwich have no English and are supported by Sky and the FA and EPL and media.

Graham Roberts said what every proper Tottenham fan should say - to stand up for your club and call a cheat a cheat when it so happens.

If it's not a conspiracy it's certainly a very poor standard of refereeing. I think Xhaka commited 7 or 8 bookable offences before finally being given a card in the 90th minute on sunday, that's diabolical really and if he'd been booked earlier it could have changed the game.

If it's not a conspiracy it's certainly a very poor standard of refereeing. I think Xhaka commited 7 or 8 bookable offences before finally being given a card in the 90th minute on sunday, that's diabolical really and if he'd been booked earlier it could have changed the game.
I agree Mandy.
I also worry when some 'so-called' Tottenham supporters on here condemn a Spurs legend Graham Roberts for sticking up for Tottenham - you couldn't make it up!?!

I agree Mandy.
I also worry when some 'so-called' Tottenham supporters on here condemn a Spurs legend Graham Roberts for sticking up for Tottenham - you couldn't make it up!?!

Graham Roberts was not 'sticking up' for Tottenham at all. He was making a ridiculous accusation that there was a conspiracy amongst referees to ensure Spurs received the shitty end of the stick at matches. All Roberts and you can do is cite instances when decisions went against us during particular matches. I am sure every other fan in the world could also come up with a library of 'unfair' conclusions made by the man in black against their clubs.

Where is the proof/evidence that some sort of secret agreement has taken place amongst the refereeing fraternity which condemns Tottenham to be the victims of blatantly biased decision making ??
Why hasn't the club appealed against this terrible state of affairs and submitted video footage to back up their claims of non impartiality ??
Why has no-one within the FA taken Graham's statement seriously and demanded a full investigation ? (or is the fact they haven't yet another conspiracy theory ?) .
To call people who do not give any credence to Roberts' outburst 'so-called' Tottenham supporters is at minimal laughable.

Shit happens, you accept it and you move on. To dwell on things that occurred years and years ago and let it fester inside until you honestly believe the referees are 'out to get us' well, as you ended your post...
you couldn't make it up.

Let me know when the FA launches a full investigation into the allegations made by Roberts about refereeing inconsistencies, particularly where Spurs are concerned and I shall give you a full and unreserved apology. I won't hold my breath.

Nailed it Mandy....very poor refereeing and nothing else :thumbup:

I could write a book on all the decisions that have gone against Tottenham but being on a forum I have to be brief. The "proof" you asked for I already gave examples but you chose to ignore them all.
Why did Howard Webb deliberately turn his head away when Scott Parker was on the floor at the mercy of a known trouble-maker Balotelli??
How did the linesman (and Clattenburg) both not see the ball cleared the line when about 4 feet over (even United goalie looked extremely 'guilty' when his fished it out) - the whole crowd saw it? Did you know those 2 extra points lost would have got Spurs into the top four that season.
When Chris Foy sent off two Spurs players and gave two penalties (against Stoke) Harry Rednapp said the ref was out to 'get us' in the post-match press conference. So is Harry also imagining things, like Graham Roberts is?
These are seasoned football people who know what goes on behind the scenes and they are saying this. But naive so-called fans who never defend their club dismiss this so flippantly even when there is clear evidence.
The six bookings Gareth Bale received were all fouls - this was shown on Match Of The Day and stated so by Alan Hansen and Gary Lineker, yet the refs targetted only Bale while people like Eden Hazard who I mentioned before dived every single match three or four times receiving free licks virtually EVERY time!!
Football in the EPL has been corrupted by the billions invested by Sky. The media are there to cover it up and any voices like Roberts are quickly silenced and ridiculed (by some so-called fans here even). There was no mention of what Roberts said in the media, it all came from a LIVE phone call on Talksport and they couldn't shut him up. In fact the Talksport interviewer shouted ANGRILY at Roberts who was a phone guest just for suggesting the refs have an agenda.
This was quickly titled "Conspiracy" on Talksports website, and Adrian (admitted Woolwich fan) Durham derided Roberts rudely on his drive show.
Every game Spurs players are booked for any infringement. Yet Spurs had the biggest injury-list last season. Tottenham are not even a 'physical' team, they play passing football and try to be attractive so why so many bookings.
You also chose to ignore the point I made and even mandy mentioned about Granit Xhaka not being booked for I counted 15 fouls. The ref did not want to send him off or admonish him so he would have to curb his 'dirty' game. And in absolute fairness, I believe Xhaka is the dirtiest player in the whole Premier League.
As I said I could write a book on all the catalogue of incidents and non-stop anti-Tottenham refereeing. The proof you ask for is out there; you just have to open your eyes and open your mind.

As I said I could write a book on all the catalogue of incidents and non-stop anti-Tottenham refereeing. The proof you ask for is out there; you just have to open your eyes and open your mind.
Write your book, give it to the FA and open their eyes and minds and see if they decide to take disciplinary or legal action..... or are you suggesting (God forbid) that they are in on this too ??
Why try and convince everyone on this forum about it when it is the footballing authorities that should be made aware of this shocking state of affairs immediately so that they can wipe out such a conspiracy.
Now surely you are not going to disagree with that ? ............... :thumbdown: 😎

I could write a book on all the decisions that have gone against Tottenham but being on a forum I have to be brief. The "proof" you asked for I already gave examples but you chose to ignore them all.
Why did Howard Webb deliberately turn his head away when Scott Parker was on the floor at the mercy of a known trouble-maker Balotelli??
How did the linesman (and Clattenburg) both not see the ball cleared the line when about 4 feet over (even United goalie looked extremely 'guilty' when his fished it out) - the whole crowd saw it? Did you know those 2 extra points lost would have got Spurs into the top four that season.
When Chris Foy sent off two Spurs players and gave two penalties (against Stoke) Harry Rednapp said the ref was out to 'get us' in the post-match press conference. So is Harry also imagining things, like Graham Roberts is?
These are seasoned football people who know what goes on behind the scenes and they are saying this. But naive so-called fans who never defend their club dismiss this so flippantly even when there is clear evidence.
The six bookings Gareth Bale received were all fouls - this was shown on Match Of The Day and stated so by Alan Hansen and Gary Lineker, yet the refs targetted only Bale while people like Eden Hazard who I mentioned before dived every single match three or four times receiving free licks virtually EVERY time!!
Football in the EPL has been corrupted by the billions invested by Sky. The media are there to cover it up and any voices like Roberts are quickly silenced and ridiculed (by some so-called fans here even). There was no mention of what Roberts said in the media, it all came from a LIVE phone call on Talksport and they couldn't shut him up. In fact the Talksport interviewer shouted ANGRILY at Roberts who was a phone guest just for suggesting the refs have an agenda.
This was quickly titled "Conspiracy" on Talksports website, and Adrian (admitted Woolwich fan) Durham derided Roberts rudely on his drive show.
Every game Spurs players are booked for any infringement. Yet Spurs had the biggest injury-list last season. Tottenham are not even a 'physical' team, they play passing football and try to be attractive so why so many bookings.
You also chose to ignore the point I made and even mandy mentioned about Granit Xhaka not being booked for I counted 15 fouls. The ref did not want to send him off or admonish him so he would have to curb his 'dirty' game. And in absolute fairness, I believe Xhaka is the dirtiest player in the whole Premier League.
So many words, so much bollocks.

The FA have appointed Mike Riley head of referees. Of course they are in on it. Remember when Riley was a acting ref and hesitated to book Chelsea's Ashley Cole for a RED CARD foul constantly begging him to come to him "Ashley! Ashley!" he was heard saying.
I won't try to convince some on here who are obviously NOT Tottenham fans - my BT stream of a Spurs game got my account banned because somebody here reported it.

The FA have appointed Mike Riley head of referees. Of course they are in on it. Remember when Riley was a acting ref and hesitated to book Chelsea's Ashley Cole for a RED CARD foul constantly begging him to come to him "Ashley! Ashley!" he was heard saying.
I won't try to convince some on here who are obviously NOT Tottenham fans - my BT stream of a Spurs game got my account banned because somebody here reported it.
I've been a fan since the late 70s, you're just a fucking wum and/or an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom