Mighty Spurs vs Piemonte Calcio | Sun 1230BST/1330CEST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If poch stubbornly sticks to that rotten, stinking bastard Diamond we're fucked.

It's clearly a handicap.

It is THE main threat in our season going sideways (that and not investing in PROPER FBs).

Georgiou could be a good option for LB, looks very good going forward, bit suspect defensively though so far.
I know that one game doesn't define a player and I may have missed something, but I didn't see Georgiou provide a decent final ball once. On yesterday's performance, he's not quite good enough.

As for Dele. Hmmmm. Sad to say, he was the one player who still seemed to be stuck in last season's 'end of season rut'. Lots of good opportunities fizzled out thanks to Dele. I think he needs a massive lemon up the arse from Poch.

Not necessarily true, Skipp was excellent away at Preston for example and was good in the couple of league games he played.

The problem is in domestic cup games Poch chucks out mish mash teams of kids, reserves and the odd first teamer - it's usually a bunch of players that don't play together week in week out, in odd formats - usually away at a tricky/shitty ground/pitch against a team who treat the game like a cup final - and then some fans wonder why we look disjointed or incoherent. It's always going to make integration harder if you chuck kids into that kind of game, harder to shine when the team is of general lesser quality and less cohesive than normal.

The best way to introduce kids it's into a full strength, cohesive side where the quality and cohesion of the rest will help them integrate, make things easier.
I totally agree that the best way to introduce youngsters is with say 10 first teamers. However as you correctly state the domestic cup game teams are a miss mash of first teamers and kids but surely that was also the case yesterday. Whilst the team struggled for a while after half time when Juventus scored the goals, I thought overall the team played well considering the number of kids playing.

I know that one game doesn't define a player and I may have missed something, but I didn't see Georgiou provide a decent final ball once. On yesterday's performance, he's not quite good enough.

As for Dele. Hmmmm. Sad to say, he was the one player who still seemed to be stuck in last season's 'end of season rut'. Lots of good opportunities fizzled out thanks to Dele. I think he needs a massive lemon up the arse from Poch.

Obviously I don't know what's going on with Dele personally but I think that maybe things that are happening off the pitch are having an impact on the football side of things imo.

This is just guesswork on my part though.

Obviously I don't know what's going on with Dele personally but I think that maybe things that are happening off the pitch are having an impact on the football side of things imo.

This is just guesswork on my part though.
Something's definitely up with the guy...looked more like end of campaign game rather than a pre season friendly and a chance to impress.
With incoming he's going to have to earn his place rather than just put his kit on Saturday afternoon and assume he's in the squad. Sobering times ahead for Dele I reckon...not a bad thing. Rather have him motivated and eager than he seems now.

Back
Top Bottom