Michel Vorm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Question: as we are keeping Lloris do we need Vorm as we already have Fridel?

I ask this because would Vorm be happy sitting on the bench for most of the season or do the club know something about Lloris that we don't (i.e clause to leave if we don't get top 4).

Glad we got Davies and hope we get Bony, can't imagine Swansea fans are too happy right now.

Surely this a buy to replace Friedel as number 2. Not too sure how happy Vorm will be to sit on the bench but it's comforting knowing that we have two excellent keepers.
I would have imagined Brad taking up a coaching role sooner rather than later - certainly don't want him anywhere near competitive games, with all due respect

Last edited:
I would have imagined Brad would take up a coaching role sooner rather than later - certainly don't want him anywhere near competitive game, with all due respect
Absolutely. He's definitely going to finish at the of the season (if not sooner). I'd very much like to see him in a coaching role but I think he may do that job somewhere in the US at one of the new franchises i.e New York City FC.

If Vorm's happy to be number 2 i'm sure we'll be giving him starts in the Europa League and possibly cup games, and more than likely he'll be on the same if not more money than he is at Swansea at the moment.

Decent signing if/when it happens. I'd much rather have an experienced number 2 with a few years left in him, having a younger 2nd choice keeper doesn't really work as they understandably want to play as many games as possible.

good signing if true . I think we all know the likelyhood is that lloris will be off if we don't achieve some tangible success this season and I can think of worse keepers to come in and take his place.

This past season, Vorm was pretty poor for Swansea and Fabianski has been brought in to replace him. I'm sure he'd rather be a #2 at a big club, with likely better wages than a smaller one.

I think it's a good bit of business because Friedel is probably more suited for 3rd string this season, plus Vorm is pretty good with his feet, which fits Pochettino's system.

Surely this a buy to replace Friedel as number 2. Not too sure how happy Vorm will be to sit on the bench but it's comforting knowing that we have two excellent keepers.

What usually happens is goalkeeper 1 is solid then a team buys goalkeeper 2 who is even better which upsets goalkeeper 1, on this occasion Vorm is fully aware Lloris is the don so will expect not to start games, after a bad season he will probably look to rediscover his form playing our cup games and as already been said if he proves his worth he gets number 1 jersey when Lloris goes next summer so it's a nice trial bedding in period

Back
Top Bottom