Michel Vorm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Excellent comments. You want players who are not selected to not like it. If he came out and said it suits him just fine to sit on the bench and collect a fat pay cheque I would be apauld.
I want every position on the pitch to be fought over.

Excellent comments. You want players who are not selected to not like it. If he came out and said it suits him just fine to sit on the bench and collect a fat pay cheque I would be apauld.
I want every position on the pitch to be fought over.

I get where you're coming from, but he didn't have to come out publically state he didn't get an explanation for being left out the cup final - as a professional footballer, it's not a very sensible idea to question your manager when speaking to the media.

I do feel a bit sorry for Vorm though, I thought we would have seen him play in the Europa League and Hugo in the Premier League but Hugo was usually picked for both.

At least this gives me more faith about Lloris staying! If Hugo was leaving this summer, I think Vorm would have been aware of this and therefore wouldn't be implying he's unhappy at Spurs and wants to leave.

Absolutely he is too good to be sitting on the bench, and he did an admirable job in Hugo's absence. People did not give him enough credit.

But he's got Hugo fucking Lloris ahead of him.

I like the fact that he isn't complacent and loving the bench life, and I am amused by the fact that he honestly believes he can compete with Hugo. That's why he's a pro footballer though, the fact that he has that self belief.

Don't see anything wrong with his comments. He came in, done a solid job. I'd much rather him as our number two than Friedel and he's probably better than the majority of number two in the league and more than capable of being number one for most of the clubs in the league.

What is he supposed to say? I'm happy to be sitting on the bench? Fair play to him.

Form doesn't feel me with confidence. Doesn't come of his line, and that is essential they way we play, is poor on crosses and his positioning is suspect.
Everyrtime he plays he look dodgy.
Today he fucked up a completely bog standard save. He also nearly got beaten at the near post early on and was slow to react.
He can make the easy saves, but doesn't hold onto the ball very well making them. Far too inconsistent and very average imo.
Haven't seen much of his shot stopping ability, command of the box and fine feet, that made him a 12th player, that he was so lauded for at Swansea

giphy.gif

Kept us in the game today.

The fact he is number two to Lloris (one of the Worlds best keepers) means he gets a lot of unessassary shit from Spurs fans comparing him with Lloris. He make first team goalkeeper for at least half of the teams in the Prem.

Kept us in the game today.

The fact he is number two to Lloris (one of the Worlds best keepers) means he gets a lot of unessassary shit from Spurs fans comparing him with Lloris. He make first team goalkeeper for at least half of the teams in the Prem.

Superb save on Deulefeu (fuck spelling :dembelefingers:). Completely at ease with him in goal if Hugo is out for a couple of weeks.

Well I find that surprising. Admin Admin merge away if I'm mistaken but if not I'm happy to be the yank that gives this Dutchman his due.

Best game in a Tottenham shirt today? I think so. He had a pretty good one in the FA Cup against Leicester a couple of years ago until, well...

But outstanding today sweeping up, diving, sticking a leg out, saved us a point. With a little run of games here I can see why we bought him as a deputy for our regular sweeper keeper. He really deserves to play first team football but I'd hate to lose him. He is truly an asset.

Players - Michel Vorm

Yeah, he was great today and really kept us from losing the game. He was good against Palace though when called upon and was glad he got a clean sheet. I think Pochettino said Lloris should be back for our first game after the international break which will be harsh on Vorm but he has shown that he CAN be called upon and that having him in goal in the likes of the League Cup isn't a bad choice.

Back
Top Bottom