Michel Vorm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great - a dispute. We are paying his wages I presume. This needs to be sorted out so he start relieving Lloris of some game time.
Oh Tottenham how do we get mixed up in these issues.

Transfers-Swaps-Free transfers. Probably a benchmark for things to come regarding sell on fees. Surely we're not the first 2 clubs to do this?

There was a quite similar case in Norway, but that one was even more clearly 'cheating' the sell on fee contract.

Veigar Pall Gunnarsson had, as most players sold from the norwegian league, an unsuccessful european adventure. He went from Stabæk to Nancy in 2009, before returning to Stabæk the following season. When returning to Stabæk, he came for free (or for a small fee), but with the clause that Nancy were to receive 50% of any future transfer fee.

In 2011 Rosenborg made a bid of ~£500k (5 million norwegian kroner) for him. Vålerenga was 'smarter'. They made a bid of ~£100k for him, and then at the same time a ~£400k bid for - the OPTION to buy a 15 year old talent in Stabæk. If Stabæk had accepted the £500k Rosenborg bid, they would only get £250k, while Nancy would get £250k. By accepting the Vålerenga bid they got £450k, Nancy got £50k, and all Vålerenga got in addition was the option to buy the talented Herman Stengel.

Obviously Nancy was pissed about this obvious cheat of the sell on fee, and took the case to court. But Nancy lost in court.

The farce continued though, with Vålerenga not paying for the Stengel option. Instead they just cancelled the option. This obvioulsy pissed Stabæk off, and when Stengel later signed for Vålerenga on a free transfer(!), Stabæk took Vålerenga to court, where Vålerenga were sentenced to have to pay the £400k plus interests, making it a total of £560k, as well as the costs of the trial.

Anyway - since Stabæk went clear of the charges back in the days, Swansea probably should as well. Even if they don't - if it goes to court and becomes a problem - it should be a case between Swans and Utrecht, not involving Spurs or Worm.

In my opinion, we paid the money, we own the player, he should be able to play. Its not our fault if swansea fuck off with all of it and its not got much to do with vorm either essentially. Whats the deal?

Very decent game last night. Good to know we have a nb 2 that we can rely on and plays similar to Hugo. No offense to Brad, and I like him, but I don't really want to see him on the picth vs stellar opposition for Spurs again!

Don't get me wrong I do like Vorm but at 31 do we really want him as a number 2? If Lloris does end up leaving at the end of the season then I'd like to see a younger replacement than Vorm. I can see Hart leaving City and I know it would be a long shot but I'd love that! He'd kick the lazy players into shape!! Pure captain material.

What can we expect from Vorm on Sunday? Surely better than the "baptism by fire" he endured against Leicester.

I pray Lloris is indeed fit so as not to put undue pressure on Vorm.

We're Champions League hopefuls (marginally) with Lloris; we're long shots with Vorm.

That said, the schedule these next three matches (Burnley, Villa, and Newcastle) favors Spurs and Vorm, should Tottenham need him.

Vorm is still a decent keeper. Obviously not on par with Lloris, but who is?

I think he'll do much better if he's on the team sheet from the start. Sitting on the bench, expecting to watch the full 90 mins from there and then coming on with minimal warm up isn't ideal.

He looks like the lead singer of the fine young cannibals
fine_young_cannibals_1376507560577.jpg

Worrying quotes. He's clearly unhappy and although I love Poch, I think it's poor management to not give an explanation (I personally agreed with playing Hugo).

If Hugo doesn't go this summer, it seems Vorm will.

Back
Top Bottom