Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

careful mate, could be her ex if he’s a Norfolkman

f4ef97eb1bf8b4a45791c21986d1815c433eaa17a52b5acfaf10954e53fb386b.jpg

image]

Hope he gets game time and struggles a bit and then returns to the mother club and Papa Poche with new found humility and willingness to learn. Then becomes the player we all hope he can be,,

Hope he gets game time and struggles a bit and then returns to the mother club and Papa Poche with new found humility and willingness to learn. Then becomes the player we all hope he can be,,
I hope he kills it tbh. His attitude issue is basically non-existent and he should have played more than 15 minutes for the first team by now. This move is great for him

I hope it works for him.

Loan moves for these young English talented players are as much about the culture at the club they are going to and being the right fit socially as they are from a footballing point of view. Get a manager who knows how to nurture them in the right way socially / psychologically and you are on to a good start.

Unfortunately most of the time the coach in charge of the loan club is more bothered about their own relegation / promotion battles and keeping their job to worry about how the loanee will fair when they go back to their parent club. You hit the ground running or you go back.

For every Kane there are plenty more Bostock's, Oduwa's etc...

I think the main reason he hasn’t played is easy to see when you watch him.

In those CL games he gets muscled off the ball too easily sometimes and doesn’t do enough defensive duties to get a place in the first team.
Obviously some have worked harder as they’ve been picked. Talent doesn’t mean it’s a given.
If he works on his strength and defensive positioning he will be fine.
Eriksen can do it, he can.
England didn’t start him much either in the WC.
Maybe most are of the same opinion that he has a tendency to disappear as well as change the game.
He’s a fanstastically gifted player and this will allow us to judge him properly as he’s up against some older stronger experienced players
Let’s hope he learns from it.
If he gets game time.

I hope he kills it tbh. His attitude issue is basically non-existent and he should have played more than 15 minutes for the first team by now. This move is great for him
I don’t think the attitude is anyhting to do with his communication.
It’s more to do with work rate which most of us wouldn’t see.
Obviously he much more talented than a few who’ve had more game time, so that tells you something.
The way it is now at the club nobody is going to waltz into the team on talent alone.

Going out on loan to a Championship club apparently.

Hopefully, this will be the making of him. I know Poch tends to be against them but I'm willing to bet he'll learn a lot more going up against actual men then some kids who haven't played men's football before.

Just hope it's a decent little club where he gets games.

I went to a Norwich V Spurs game a few years back.

I sat in the home end, they had pot purri baskets in the men's toilets! - true story

Back
Top Bottom