Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

in between talking about how unfortunate imecha was for missing an open goal expecting ET
'Sterling to Edwards ...'
Edwards receives the ball and cuts back
......'hasn't had the desired affect though Edwards..'
Man follows Edwards, Edwards turns him, dances to the byline and sets up the winner.

If you make a run and Edwards has the ball, 9/10 he'll find you.
Yet nobody was really doing it.
Ricketts came on and made a run past the last man, Edwards slipped a lovely pass to him, who set up the Miss just before the goal.
Defence were not coming out into the space and Edwards was having to come deep to get the ball. To be fair England really didn't do much.
Edwards was treated a bit harder than the others by the commentator. Although Sessegnon was anonymous, as was Mount.
England looked a bit disjointed.

I forgot how fickle we are with every 5'0 boy who kicks a ball nicely. Stop treating every youngster as a massive prospect before he has a full season of senior football under his belt.
This looks like a copy paste of the Taarabt the new Zidane rubbish
1) Taarabt had frightening ability. Unfortunately his ego/intelligence quota was handed out upside down.

2) Edwards has frightening ability. Unconfirmed on ego but he has the intelligence. I'm still hoping for good things.

- Sets up the goal that helps England top their group
- Sets up the winning goal that helped England to the final.

BENCHED once again for the final.

Oh dear.

It could just be that we wildly overrate our academy. Of the three major international tournments this summer, U19, U20 and U21, we have managed just two starting XI players and one impact sub (who our fans have hyped to ridiculous levels) from the three England squads. In other country's squads there is only Pau López I think, who we're still haggling with Espanyol over the small change for.

Last edited:
It could just be that we wildly overrate our academy. Of the three major international tournments this summer, U19, U20 and U21, we have managed just two starting XI players and one impact sub (who our fans have hyped to ridiculous levels) from the three England squads. In other country's squads there is only Pau López I think, who we're still haggling with Espanyol over the small change for.

Or it could show how our coaches spot things others don't. Our academy doesn't create "super starlets who will be the next Paul Pogba", they create grafters who can blossom and who have the right mindset.

Many of Englands "Best ever young prospects" have gone on to be fuck all. I wouldn't worry about it.

He's as talented as any of the players in this team. He's just not as big as the others.
hes Hoddle esque and will be favoured over the less talented but more physical players.

Look at the lineup of the last England team to reach the final
GK 1 Jason Steele (c)
DF 2 Kieran Trippier
DF 3 Joe Mattock
10px-Yellowcard.svg.png
45'
MF 4 Dan Gosling
DF 5 Kyle Walker
FW 7 Danny Welbeck
10px-Sub_off.svg.png
64'
MF 8 Danny Drinkwater
10px-Yellowcard.svg.png
53'
10px-Sub_off.svg.png
55'
FW 10 Nathan Delfouneso
MF 11 Henri Lansbury
MF 16 Joe Bennett
DF 18 Matthew Briggs
10px-Sub_off.svg.png
56'
Substitutes
GK 13 Declan Rudd
DF 6 Gavin Hoyte
10px-Sub_on.svg.png
56'
FW 9 Nile Ranger
10px-Sub_on.svg.png
64'
FW 12 Rhys Murphy
MF 15 Andros Townsend
MF 17 Andrew Tutte

3 good players (Trippier, Walker, Welbeck), 2 PL players (Drinkwater and Gosling)
the rest are mediocre lower league players. i.e. who makes it at this level means fuck all

Points taken, but half watching the game, the standard is very low. If our lad was half as good as we think he is he should be head and shoulders above this lot, as it is he can't make the first XI.

Back
Top Bottom