Media darlings thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich fan tv praise Spurs

"We are shit" We are Shocking" "we can't compete", "we're miles behind".
Q: Can we can beat Citeh?
A: Yeah, 2-1; yeah, yeah you heard it here 3-2!!

"Spurs, Spurs, Spurs, Spurs".....

They have been feeling the heat from us for years now, with each year that has gone by that has ramped up more and more, until they are feeling an inferno.

Right now they are done, that victory against Real Madrid has killed them dead. Make no mistake, they all sat and watched that game in their millions, around the world hunched over their TV screens, red chino's and knock off Woolwich tops worn as some kind of defiance, from London to Scotland, to LA and Nigeria watching helplessly as we battered Madrid. Before the game all messaging each other about how we will get hammered (as one excited caller on TS so eloquently put it), sharing popcorn gifs and replying with The Goodfellas laughing gifs.

As they all settled down in front of their TV's with their carrot juice and Foie gras beside them they would have heard the CL anthem kick in, that would have made them swallow, then with the music blaring out and the camera panning around the stadium they would have seen that Wembley was full, with 30,000 more fans than they claim to get at their place. They would have also heard us, heard us sing at the top of our voices, create a noise that they can only dream about. All this pain before they even see us kick a ball.

Not getting over run - pain. Us popping the ball about - pain. Dele's goal - pain. Hugo's save - pain. Dier's block - pain. Ronaldo's through on goal, their heart beat races, they are on their feet, "c'mon Ronnie" "C'mo......." Vertonghen's tackle - PAIN! Dele's 2nd - Pain. "Oh when the Spurs" loud, very LOUD infesting their living rooms, penetrating deep into their souls - PAIN! Eriksen's goal - PAIN.

Feed off that pain, rejoice in it, wallow in it. A woolwich fan on a string.

Lots of great articles this morning, with this one being up there with the best, in my opinion.

Love this line in particular! :D

"Winks was seemingly substituted only to spare Modric, Kroos and Isco of any further embarrassment."

Its full of cracking writing:

"Midwives are jealous of Kieran Trippier's delivery."

great post

glad to recall that we didn't even bother to taunt them with singing "are you watching Ar5en1L". Guys, we're playing Real, bigger fish to fry. And by now you'll have turned over to Cake Baking anyway. What was it? Beetroot and Carrot Gateau? Maybe:

Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Gâteau

I fucking LOVE the fact that chant didn't get an airing... they are IRRELEVANT TO US NOW...

Make no mistake... they would've been DESPERATE to hear us sing it... as firstly, it would've meant they got a mention on a Champions league night... but also that We were thinking of THEM in our finest hour... but we weren't... for 90 minutes we forgot they existed!!

THATS what will hurt them most... their pure and utter irrelevance!

I fucking LOVE the fact that chant didn't get an airing... they are IRRELEVANT TO US NOW...

Make no mistake... they would've been DESPERATE to hear us sing it... as firstly, it would've meant they got a mention on a Champions league night... but also that We were thinking of THEM in our finest hour... but we weren't... for 90 minutes we forgot they existed!!

THATS what will hurt them most... their pure and utter irrelevance!

When spurs are away in the Champions League I love being in the pub. There no goons about its so comfortable they can't spoil your night because they are not even at the party brilliant

i started following spurs properly around the 95/96 season for some context, so you know what i've grown up with

all this praise makes me think something awful's about to happen! :lamelashock:

I love the obvious conflict of interests, and wrestling of their conscience that the Media are currently going through...

Most probably entered the profession on the proviso that you praise the "Manchester's", Chelsea's and ArseAnals of this world... and lay into Spurs on a regular basis 'cos "they'll always let you down" apparently!

Now, it seems, they don't quite know how to reconstruct the narrative in our favour.
You can just tell it doesn't sit easy with them...

Well it's about time they got used to it, 'cos I think and hope we're here for the long haul now.

Back
Top Bottom