Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are we playing tonight against the Champions of Germany...Well the BBC sport football page has the rather exciting news that Lawrence Shankland of Dundee Utd has been called into the Scotland Squad.
Oh and Alisson the Keeper of The Greatest team in the whole world is close to a return.
BBC agenda against us no never...

Are we playing tonight against the Champions of Germany...Well the BBC sport football page has the rather exciting news that Lawrence Shankland of Dundee Utd has been called into the Scotland Squad.
Oh and Alisson the Keeper of The Greatest team in the whole world is close to a return.

The BBC is shit, a handful of good shows but the majority are unwatchable, they're as right wing as the Daily Mail and their sports coverage (with the exception of OSI and JB) is both smug and complete dross.

Time for them to change.....or die.

They must have heard you, leading with CL now !

Why isn't that cunt Ferdinand slaughtering Maguire for going to Utd if it's about trophies? Soppy cunt needs a slap for his bias

Lukaku should be praised Pogba should be looking to leave by Rios logic, bet he won't come out with that.

We almost won the league and the champions League in recent years. Had Liverpool not won the champions League last year would the media be calling for all their players to leave? Fuck em ALL fuck em all!

I think the sheer GLEE with which the entire media circus is embracing last night, is what's really hitting home.

They fucking HATE us... they couldn't WAIT for a resuit like LAST night... it's fucking EVERYWYERE!
I'm surprised they haven't called for a national holiday so that EVERYONE can take the day off to celebrate!

The most annoying thing is that we've given them EVERY reason and opportunity to laugh at us... and now they are...

LOTS!

I think the sheer GLEE with which the entire media circus is embracing last night, is what's really hitting home.

They fucking HATE us... they couldn't WAIT for a resuit like LAST night... it's fucking EVERYWYERE!
I'm surprised they haven't called for a national holiday so that EVERYONE can take the day off to celebrate!

The most annoying thing is that we've given them EVERY reason and opportunity to laugh at us... and now they are...

LOTS!

Oh please, comapred to other big clubs we are given incredibly favourable treatment. Levy takes most of the blame from the press when results go south, no other manager in the world has a human shield like Poch does with Levy. He can deflect any question about results towards people not understanding our "project" and how we can't compete in the market.

If any other top team in England had the results we have had in the last 9 months, the press would have been kicking lumps out of him. Just think of how Van Gaal, Conte, Mourinho got slaughtered when things started to go wrong and how with Poch it's just "he needs time". We get cushy coverage from the media because we are not taken seriously. Of course we are going to be getting a lot of negative coverage when we just endured the WORST home result in the history of English teams in Europe but overall we are treated with kid gloves. A result like last night in the context of the last 9 months would see most managers getting sacked in the tunnel straight after the final whistle.

Got to say the same myself, Spurs seem to get kid gloves treatment (In general) compared to other teams , but that's from the outside, you guys know more about the shit they write about your club. .

One thing that does resonate amongst all fans is that LFC and Utd will always have more spotlight, whether that be good or bad! It seems that everything that is written is with their fans in mind. And it's so fkin boring, I wish they would follow/support the new money clubs rather than the old money clubs

Got to say the same myself, Spurs seem to get kid gloves treatment (In general) compared to other teams , but that's from the outside, you guys know more about the shit they write about your club. .

One thing that does resonate amongst all fans is that LFC and Utd will always have more spotlight, whether that be good or bad! It seems that everything that is written is with their fans in mind. And it's so fkin boring, I wish they would follow/support the new money clubs rather than the old money clubs

Who are you?

:roseunsure:

Who are you?

:roseunsure:
City fan with an affinity for Spurs since 1981! And from the outside I dont think spurs get that rough a deal from the media. But there again all City fans think we're hard done by in the press.

The one thing that is true is that all sports news is written for LFC and Utd fans to digest., and it's boring.

City fan with an affinity for Spurs since 1981! And from the outside I dont think spurs get that rough a deal from the media. But there again all City fans think we're hard done by in the press.

The one thing that is true is that all sports news is written for LFC and Utd fans to digest., and it's boring.

Hmm okay. I disagree, for the past three or four years after even a decent recent the media have gone on about Poch leaving or Kane or Dele or whomever. They never stop with the speculation and this plays into the idea that we're merely CL interlopers soon to return to mid-table mediocrity or at least the Ropey League.

I have no time for Citeh either. You seem a decent chap but most of your fans aren't, you've become everything you used to mock United for being.

I actually have more respect for Man United than Citeh, at least they built themselves up into the juggernaut that they are today whilst you've been handed everything on a plate and yet still find things to whinge about.

As I said you seem okay so nothing personal, just my own opinion.

From a very distant view it's LOVE anything to do with Liverpool and Utd, LIKE anything to do with Woolwich and Chelsea, and pretty MEH on Spurs and City ... that's all about fan base and clicks

Out here Liverpool are still massive (but mostly old fans) as they were THE team when football first reached a worldwide audience, then came Utd and Woolwich, and then Chelsea .... City and Spurs are playing a massive game of catch up, will take generations and a lot of success to change things ...

Oh please, comapred to other big clubs we are given incredibly favourable treatment. Levy takes most of the blame from the press when results go south, no other manager in the world has a human shield like Poch does with Levy. He can deflect any question about results towards people not understanding our "project" and how we can't compete in the market.

If any other top team in England had the results we have had in the last 9 months, the press would have been kicking lumps out of him. Just think of how Van Gaal, Conte, Mourinho got slaughtered when things started to go wrong and how with Poch it's just "he needs time". We get cushy coverage from the media because we are not taken seriously. Of course we are going to be getting a lot of negative coverage when we just endured the WORST home result in the history of English teams in Europe but overall we are treated with kid gloves. A result like last night in the context of the last 9 months would see most managers getting sacked in the tunnel straight after the final whistle.

I know it's 'just' the BBC's Gossip page... but they provide an overview to what the Press are reporting.... EVERY Spurs related article has a negative slant, or headline... look at them!

The problem is not the media's view of "Hasn't won a Trophy Poch" ...they've made their minds up about him... and yet are still happy to tout a 'Trophyless' manager off to Real, or Man Utd at ANY opportunity...

If he's no good, as 'Trophyless' would suggest, why would anyone else want him?

The problem is, and always has been with Spurs...
Our perception of ourselves as a BIG club is there for taking pot shots at... 'cos we haven't done anything Trophy-wise to back it up... and until we DO win something, we'll always give the media a stick (and a narrative) to hit us with.

It's just a case of the longer it goes on, the more creative ways we need to find to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

EVERY TEAM who loses a final or blows a Title winning game, could be described as 'bottling it' ....plenty of teams have done it... Liverppol amongst them... and yet WE are now the 'go-to team' whenever the dreaded "B-word" is mentioned...
and why is that? 'Cos the media remind us of it EVERY time we don't win a trophy...
and they have set it up so perfectly, that they can wheel it out EVERY year it goes on.... they've got us in a proverbial checkmate until we win something... which is harder to do than it looks!

The Jewish links also crop up every Transfer window... again, Levy plays into the hands of the stereotype the media love to associate with us...

Almost EVERY time Spurs or Levy are mentioned when it comes to transfers and money, we're only ever 2 or 3 sly underhand comments away from being labelled 'tight fisted Jews'...
It's always been the way...

To be honest, I quite like the 'seige mentality' of thinking no one likes us... GOOD... I don't like THEM!

City's backers get away with murder, both literally and metaphorically in the UK press, bar a couple of Broadsheet journos's the tabloids don't go near it so long as they are pumping money into the club everything is OK.

Where I absolutely agree with you is that City have been ignored, more specifically their players have. To think that David Silva, Aguero historically haven't even been in the shortlist for player of the year is an absolute joke!! I'm not a believer of the Ballon d'Or but they've been missed off that too, and whilst he's written about and praised about de Bryne is also not recognised for being probably the best player in the PL.

But Guardiola also isn't challenged by some sections in the media, specifically about City's tactical fouling. Now I've no complaints about it, I love Spurs when they are aggressive and fouling the oppo to break up their attacks etc., but Pep comes out in the press and asks for protection from Ref's and the media lapped it up and focused on every tackle committed on a City player, whilst Fernando and whoever else was hacking down their opposition within 3 seconds of you losing the ball without a yellow card waived.

The media are driven by clicks and are slaves to those clicks, so the biggest fanbases generate the most clicks which generate the most ad revenue, so this is where the focus is and it doesn't matter whether it's a paid-for subscription or free more eyeballs means more money.

This new anti-racism campaign is going too far...the commentators on my stream took it upon themselves to pronounce Gazzanigga as Gazzania...

I noticed that on my stream, it was really bloody annoying.

Back
Top Bottom