Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can someone point me in the direction of some stories that give us credit for another year of CL and being arguably the better team in this years final despite no signing for a year and a half?

All I seem to be able to find is speculation on Poch's future and puff pieces on a Liverpool side we nullified for 90% of the final.

14 were convicted of manslaughter, which I don’t know if it exists in Civil law countries, and received sentences up to 5 years. The Belgian courts then increased it to 11.
26 Liverpool fans were charged with manslaughter.
14 were convicted.
7 were given prison sentences.
On appeal that 7 became 11.

Not one of those actually imprisoned served more than 12 months inside.

Hadn't visited F365 in absolutely ages.

Looked today and went to THE SPURS page....

T3kcRd1.png

THE SPURS PAGE.

Ahhh... it's a matchday....
Must be 'negative spin Spurs story' day!

...as well as digging up old quotes to try and MAKE a story:

Ahhh... it's a matchday....
Must be 'negative spin Spurs story' day!

...as well as digging up old quotes to try and MAKE a story:

Wankers.... Ref the first one: he's already explained he was alluding to a lack of tracking and off the ball movement.

Last edited:
Hadn't visited F365 in absolutely ages.

Looked today and went to THE SPURS page....

T3kcRd1.png

THE SPURS PAGE.

I had a Twitter row with John Nicholsen (the self appointed, anti-trendy, rock'n'roll, norther-lyric "independent writer") because I dare to criticise his colleagues piece on the CL semifinals. A piece which the colleague had himself promoted on Twitter, a platform for comments. I suggested that writers were a part of the problem, because they were feeding the narratives of football, complicit in turning it from sports into theatre. Or more aptly, a TV drama show. Which he obviously denied, there was no-storytelling in football at all, oh no. I was just a troll, daring to question the ones priviledged enough to earn money from shaping opinions. Not in any way a customer, who makes his living with my clicks.

These people are pure poison, and F365 too. Never get my clicks. There are no better than the Sun.

You don't need to click the Spurs page, btw. Just take the main page after a Spurs win. Stories will only be about Eriksen wanting to leave, odds on Poch being sacked/signed by Madrid (after a loss/win) and bystories to mainstories about Liverpool, City or Utd .

Stop clicking those sites. Stop buying their services. Stop liking and RT on SoMe. Just stop it.

Spot the difference today in the BBC champions league page...It's all in the language used.

Forgotten matchweek one from the Champions League already? Here's a recap;

Ha ha that is awful

It's funny how different the 4 results are portrayed.

Saying Liverpool 'fell' almost makes it a noble defeat.

Why not "Liverpool threw away the chance of victory by conceding 2 goals against Napoli without scoring any goals themselves.... "

Ha ha that is awful

It's funny how different the 4 results are portrayed.

Saying Liverpool 'fell' almost makes it a noble defeat.

Why not "Liverpool threw away the chance of victory by conceding 2 goals against Napoli without scoring any goals themselves.... "

Or

"Champions Liverpool humbled away to Napoli - the first defending Champions EVER to lose their next game in the competition"

I try not to watch Motd. full of arseholes. Shearer is a waste of oxygen who seems to have an axe to grind against certain clubs including spurs.
I only watch the highlights, if we win and other games are favourable, very rarely listen to the pundits as they get on my nerves.

I only watch the highlights, if we win and other games are favourable, very rarely listen to the pundits as they get on my nerves.
They could show so much more of the football than ask the opinion of a pundit who knows about as much of what's happening as we do. Not to mention club bias which every pundit has to some degree

Back
Top Bottom