Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was born in 1978 so I was too young to remember. Surely it was one of the most useless massacres, perhaps more the fault of the Belgian police than of the hooligans. And then the year before there was Rome - Liverpool. Thanks for the nice thought

It was the fault of Scouse Scum hooligans
100%

Juve fans innocently wanted to exchange scarves and banners and were savagely attacked

That’s what happened

Murdering Scouse cunts

I haven't picked up a paper or watched any news programme for the last few weeks as I know I'll be fuming at the reporting.
I don't even like coming on this thread as I can feel my blood pressure rising over the unfair coverage.
If they win, you just know the coverage is going to go on and on, all through the summer. I'm going to move to Antarctica if that happens, only place I'd be able to get away from it all!

If we win you can always go to the Cook Islands with Perry Groves 😉

It was the fault of Scouse Scum hooligans
100%

Juve fans innocently wanted to exchange scarves and banners and were savagely attacked

That’s what happened

Murdering Scouse cunts

Juventus fans were families. Those of Liverpool were hooligans. The Belgian police instead of rescuing those poor innocents shut them up in the Z sector as cannon fodder. It's a dark piece of football history.

Stupid woman on BBC Breakfast kept referring to liverpool v Spurs. We are the Home team it is Tottenham v Liverpool. Then they had an interview with Klopp. Turned the mute button on until finished. You would have thought Liverpool were playing a foreign team they way we were ignored.

City fan.

I think l said it on the Ajax thread, but you've really had to settle for being the bridesmaid in this country's coverage of a supposedly all-English CL final. The love-in with those bindipping arsewipes has been nauseating in the extreme. You've had a taste of what we've had to put up with all season. One of the nicest things about this season is that fans of many clubs have found common ground in their hatred for those Berkeley Hunts.

I really do wish you all the best tonight. You aren't favourites but I think that's a good thing. Since missing out on the league, all the hysteria, pressure and cultist nonsense has been building up around the Dippers. Enjoy it, embrace it, and above all.....just win! Please!

Juventus fans were families. Those of Liverpool were hooligans. The Belgian police instead of rescuing those poor innocents shut them up in the Z sector as cannon fodder. It's a dark piece of football history.
Did any of the scum responsible get prosecuted? Bit naive and don’t don’t much about what happened if I’m honest

City fan.

I think l said it on the Ajax thread, but you've really had to settle for being the bridesmaid in this country's coverage of a supposedly all-English CL final. The love-in with those bindipping arsewipes has been nauseating in the extreme. You've had a taste of what we've had to put up with all season. One of the nicest things about this season is that fans of many clubs have found common ground in their hatred for those Berkeley Hunts.

I really do wish you all the best tonight. You aren't favourites but I think that's a good thing. Since missing out on the league, all the hysteria, pressure and cultist nonsense has been building up around the Dippers. Enjoy it, embrace it, and above all.....just win! Please!

Thanks mate. Yeah, the media seem to want to interview every single ex-Liverpool legend but can't even manage to find a single ex-Spurs player!

It's been a joke but not unexpected. We need to win this, for us first but for everybody else second. Liverpool win and we'll have to hear them talk about SIX TIMES (imagine it in a whiney Scouse accent) for all of eternity, well until they then win it again.

We win and only Woolwich will get it in the neck from us. And Spammers. And Chavs (although they have already won it). That's it. I promise.

:pochsmirk:

COYS!!!!

Unfortunately not, it is a wound still open that will always lead me to see Liverpool and its fans as "enemies" even if I respect them because I am a great club.
14 were convicted of manslaughter, which I don’t know if it exists in Civil law countries, and received sentences up to 5 years. The Belgian courts then increased it to 11.
The thing that amazes me is when they were drawn against Juve in IIRC 2008 their fans made a banner “Amizicata” (I think it means friendship)
Surely the word should be sorry?

14 were convicted of manslaughter, which I don’t know if it exists in Civil law countries, and received sentences up to 5 years. The Belgian courts then increased it to 11.
The thing that amazes me is when they were drawn against Juve in IIRC 2008 their fans made a banner “Amizicata” (I think it means friendship)
Surely the word should be sorry?

At club level, Juventus has accepted Liverpool's approach to apologize. Unfortunately no one will ever give us those people's lives back. Perhaps the best thing is to remember the dead but put a stone on the hooligans. To me the word Liverpool will always remember Heysel.

"We deserve to win this"

code for

"We are expected to win this, and we're all terrified of that level of expectation and blowing it"
What makes them think they deserve to win this? Based on what, the fact that they DIDN'T win the league? And what if Spurs play their best game ever; run rings around the Dips for 90 minutes and win 3-0. Would they still be saying they deserved it? Apparently losing out to City again has scrambled their brain cells. Bus wrecking bastards. ... Go on Spurs.

What makes them think they deserve to win this? Based on what, the fact that they DIDN'T win the league? And what if Spurs play their best game ever; run rings around the Dips for 90 minutes and win 3-0. Would they still be saying they deserved it? Apparently losing out to City again has scrambled their brain cells. Bus wrecking bastards. ... Go on Spurs.
They appear to think they deserved to win the league every season for the past thirty years as well. Just self-entitled I guess.

It will be interesting to see if the Media run with the 'destiny' 'redemption' 'deserve to win' narrative this time next year for us, if WE somehow managed/DARED to make a second consecutive Final...!!

...or would it be the usual "Poch STILL hasn't won anything/Spurs are still Spursy" soundbites??

Back
Top Bottom