Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ask yourselves this - if Liverpool had won the title and City had this particular stat instead, would this have ever been tweeted?

It's so stupid and doesn't even think to take into account the fallacy of the pre-determined outcome. If long-range goals were worth double City (and us) and everyone else would play different tactics and shoot longer range more.

If those were worth more in-game, teams would change their tactics based on the game score and outcomes would change. I literally can't think of a more useless stat post I've ever seen.

It's so stupid and doesn't even think to take into account the fallacy of the pre-determined outcome. If long-range goals were worth double City (and us) and everyone else would play different tactics and shoot longer range more.

If those were worth more in-game, teams would change their tactics based on the game score and outcomes would change. I literally can't think of a more useless stat post I've ever seen.
They may as well have just said...... If throw ins were worth 1 point then xxxx Fc would have won the league

I think that even though Man City got a point more and scored more goals - they should share the title with Liverpool. It's only fair.

They didn't bottle a 7 point lead. They WON the title. Fair and square. City getting a point more than them does nothing to change this FACT.

Lol.... DAAAARK HELMET IS BAAAACK!!!!!

I don't know why I come on this thread, it is so frustrating to read. Sky and the BBC are so biased you end up laughing or you'll cry.
The next couple of weeks will be interesting.

Can’t get on board with that paddy. Talks like a dummy and trots out mundane observations that bore the fuck out of me

Not saying the others you mention are any good either but I’ll pass on her

(Alan er er shearer I literally have to mute til his turn is up)

When it comes to female pundits Eni Aluko was the best. I'm sure she'll go back into it when she retires.

If they were honest about their partisan nature and the broadcasters took steps to ensure a more equal representation then it wouldn't be so much of a problem.

That they're happy to load a studio with Liverpool fans for a Liverpool game is the real issue - they aren't even ashamed of it. Remember when we played them and they made a joke about everyone being Liverpool, and our "representation" was Souness?

So this is the second day running the BBC have led with articles on how ‘this is just the beginning for Liverpool’

Robertson: Man City know Liverpool are here to stay

Lawrenson: Liverpool will challenge again

Klopp: This is only the first step

Honestly, it’s nauseating. But we’re going to get two and a half more solid weeks of narrative to bolster fragile “Liverpewl FC” egos.
It’s all about poor Liverpool and what a gallant effort...City are one game away from rewriting history in the shape of a domestic treble, to which the mainstream media consider secondary news to Liverpool finishing runners up in the league......
Liverpool are a Champions league defeat away from complete meltdown, never mind this season being just the beginning.

If they were honest about their partisan nature and the broadcasters took steps to ensure a more equal representation then it wouldn't be so much of a problem.

That they're happy to load a studio with Liverpool fans for a Liverpool game is the real issue - they aren't even ashamed of it. Remember when we played them and they made a joke about everyone being Liverpool, and our "representation" was Souness?
when we played them at wembley earlier this year the panel was souness, redknapp, robbie keane (self confessed liverpool supporter) and the presenter was Kelly cates (Dalglish's daughter)

This is a brilliant piece. I don’t have to much of an issue with the viral vids of pundits cheering if I’m honest. In the example of Ferdinand one then it’s kind of showing the very opposite of bias given his and Linakers allegiance to other clubs but would Ferdinand have celebrated if it was Liverpool???

The bigger issue though is that these pundits shouldn’t be so partisan, when you have the likes of Dixon Tweeting to his gooner followers anti Tottenham sentiment only to be within hours co-commentating on a Spurs game is not on.

Aside from the annoyance, it runs far deeper than banter. The influence is what comes to bare is the most damaging. This played out in full force when Utd made it clear they wanted Poch as their next manager and Neville a fully paid up member of Utd ambassadors went into full scale pitch mode.

But I love this piece more for the fact that the “media” dispelled the notion of bias when fans aim it at them.

Back
Top Bottom