Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Make of this what you will.

This season, 18 players have been booked for a form of simulation, with Tottenham midfielder Heung-Min Son the latest to literally fall foul of the law.

Son became the fourth Spurs player to be booked this term when he went down in the box following a challenge from Leicester City defender Harry Maguire.

They have also had Harry Kane, Lucas Moura and Danny Rose shown yellow for their attempts at conning the law.

Clubs with most players booked for simulation
Woolwich – 4
Tottenham – 4
Huddersfield – 2
Burnley – 1
Chelsea – 1
Crystal Palace – 1
Everton – 1
Fulham – 1
Leicester – 1
Manchester City – 1
Southampton – 1

The Premier League clubs with the worst record for diving this season

This season, 18 players have been booked for a form of simulation, with Tottenham midfielder Heung-Min Son the latest to literally fall foul of the law.

Son became the fourth Spurs player to be booked this term when he went down in the box following a challenge from Leicester City defender Harry Maguire.

They have also had Harry Kane, Lucas Moura and Danny Rose shown yellow for their attempts at conning the law.

Woolwich – 4
Tottenham – 4
Huddersfield – 2
Burnley – 1
Chelsea – 1
Crystal Palace – 1
Everton – 1
Fulham – 1
Leicester – 1
Manchester City – 1
Southampton – 1

The Rose one was a joke as well

Can't remember the other 2

Woolwich – 4
Tottenham – 4
Huddersfield – 2
Burnley – 1
Chelsea – 1
Crystal Palace – 1
Everton – 1
Fulham – 1
Leicester – 1
Manchester City – 1
Southampton – 1

Liverpool haven’t had any? Seriously?!

You beat me to it!! That was the first thing I thought when I read the list. How the fuck did that happen.
All Poch has to do to distract away from the diving is to grow another row of teeth, then clench them and gurn whilst slapping his chest hard enough to bring on a potential heart attack!
Easy. :pochunimpressed::pochlol:

Last edited:
It's a fuckload more than 0 when you factor in home advantage

Bit late to the party on this debate, but from my perception when I watch a game, penalties are most often given away when a player makes a burst in to the box. Hardly ever are they given for the scuffles between two players in the box.

Seeing as many teams come and sit deep when they play against us, letting us have the ball around the edge of the box, we don't have many situations where someone like Son or Moura bursts in to the box at speed. I imagine if we were a team playing on the counter more, then we'd get more penalties. It's likelier for a defender to be caught out higher up the pitch and then mistiming a tackle when trying to recover.

Premier League winner labels Spurs star a cheat - Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur Football News

Save you from reading this drivel, it’s Chris Sutton accusing Sonny of diving. It’s so blatantly not a dive but the dickheads in the media are doubling down. Surprised even JJ is even falling for this narrative, even with the evidence to show England’s Slabhead clumsily sticking his leg across like that.

It's fair enough if that's his opinion on that incident (even tho i think he's very wrong )but why hasn't Sutton called out Salah once over the last few months ? If he's upset about Son he must be livid about Salah and even Madison in the same game , the fact he says nothing about those incidents speaks volumes.

Didn't know where to put this, so here will do.

On Bein sports now is "Tottenham TV 2018-19"

Currently showing vs Leicester, I don't know if it's just this match or other matches as well.
On the 39th min now. (21:44)

It's on till 12:00

Woolwich – 4
Tottenham – 4
Huddersfield – 2
Burnley – 1
Chelsea – 1
Crystal Palace – 1
Everton – 1
Fulham – 1
Leicester – 1
Manchester City – 1
Southampton – 1

What do i make of it?

At least 2 of those 4 cards were bollocks...

It's fair enough if that's his opinion on that incident (even tho i think he's very wrong )but why hasn't Sutton called out Salah once over the last few months ? If he's upset about Son he must be livid about Salah and even Madison in the same game , the fact he says nothing about those incidents speaks volumes.

Geezer is pure troll-ism/clickbait/WUM...

Ah, Chris Sutton, brought to you from the guy who retired from international because he was “too good” “not” to get picked for England...umm, 3 different England managers can’t all be wrong....
Sutton is a twat....

I'm older than PSG. What fucking nonsence

Nonce-sense-600x455.jpg

Adrian Durham has a vested interest in united being successful! On yesterday’s show -

Adrian: is there much between Rashford and Mbappe?’

‘Can anyone say with confidence man united won’t win the cl?’

He is biased towards English players cause England are basically his club cause the posh are shit..

His latest thoughts on Son are borderline xenophobic. I wonder what chance he’ll give us tonight!

Adrian Durham has a vested interest in united being successful! On yesterday’s show -

Adrian: is there much between Rashford and Mbappe?’

‘Can anyone say with confidence man united won’t win the cl?’

He is biased towards English players cause England are basically his club cause the posh are shit..

His latest thoughts on Son are borderline xenophobic. I wonder what chance he’ll give us tonight!
If it was not for this thread, I would not know who Adrian Durham was. Why do you listen to him?

Back
Top Bottom