Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh great, Talkshite picking up on the Yid debate again. So tired of this shit. Funny how this crap rears its head when we have Chelsea to play. Focus your energies on the vile, racist, fascist elements in their fanbase you media fuckwits (an no, it's not a small minority, it's a significant chunk) rather than a word sung in a positive context

I've always had a special dislike for The Grauniad's David Hytner since the Sherwood days but he's really exceding himself of late. I think this is fourth or fifth shit-stirring piece he's written in the past three weeks.

Pochettino: "I hope, or I wish to be here 20 years, and decide to leave or to finish my career here. I am so focused here, and want to help the club to achieve what the club want to be in history. It would be fantastic. I am so happy to be here. I am so happy to work in that pressure. Why not?"

Hytner understands that this means Pochettino is saying Spurs will struggle to compete at the top, that he is at a crossroads in his career and could well be tempted by an offer from Manchester United or Real Madrid in the summer.

Utter fucking shitcunt of a man

Pochettino says Spurs will struggle to compete at top without spending
You had me at Guardian.
:freund:

The most recent sky debate was an absolute joke, these pricks are so afraid of us aren’t they?

Their little “elite” bubble of clubs is collapsing and we are gatecrashing their party on a regular basis, they can’t stand that we don’t spunk ludicrous money every window because it ruins their narrative of “You have to spend to win” which is bullshit and is only peddled by them because Sky own a betting company and want to make money from dumb assholes who gamble on transfer rumours.

Here is another little peach from Paul Merson as well:

"There's going to be a time where Tottenham players think 'I want to win something, I'm fed up of finishing fourth'. If they don't win something this year, then Spurs players will start asking those questions.”

Yeah, this is what we have been hearing the last 5 years now and it hasn’t happened has it? Not only that but, fed up with finishing 4th? When was the last time we finished 4th? Can someone remind me? Last time I checked we have finished 3rd, 2nd and 3rd so not sure how he is working that one out.

I find it hilarious all these other clubs calling us bottlers, the same clubs who aren’t winning fuck all and can’t even finish in the top four despite spending an absolute fortune, absolute jokers and it’s time we all told them to fuck off and injected some harsh realities into the narrative.

State of this cunt

These morons don't put it in perspective do they? Of course the top 4 is worth more to us as a club than the FA Cup or League Cup is. Win the FA Cup & the next day you have nothing but the memories and a bit of history etched into your season which is all well and good on paper. Qualify for the Champions League and you're looking at so much more money to ensure the club stays within touching distance of the leagues elite.

IqcEfZ4.0.jpg

Check out the little purple segment above the green UEFA Revenue. Roughly £50m for Champions League football and probably about £2m from domestic cups. The FA Cup & League Cup generate our smallest area of revenue, it's clear that they aren't priorities for any club in the top 4 if people like it or not.

We'd all like a trophy but give me Champions League football in a very competitive top 6 every day of the week

Nothing like a bit of unsubstantiated hogwash - especially with the BBC's comments regarding Levy in this article on Dembele's transfer to China

Mousa Dembele: Tottenham midfielder set for £11m Beijing Guoan move

"...Chairman Daniel Levy is keen to trim players from manager Mauricio Pochettino's squad."

:dembelefingers:

Really shit journalism from a corporation that prides itself on its supposed 'objectivity'. Reporting not even worthy of The Sun, and another reason why their draconian TV license can go fuck itself!

These morons don't put it in perspective do they? Of course the top 4 is worth more to us as a club than the FA Cup or League Cup is. Win the FA Cup & the next day you have nothing but the memories and a bit of history etched into your season which is all well and good on paper. Qualify for the Champions League and you're looking at so much more money to ensure the club stays within touching distance of the leagues elite.

IqcEfZ4.0.jpg

Check out the little purple segment above the green UEFA Revenue. Roughly £50m for Champions League football and probably about £2m from domestic cups. The FA Cup & League Cup generate our smallest area of revenue, it's clear that they aren't priorities for any club in the top 4 if people like it or not.

We'd all like a trophy but give me Champions League football in a very competitive top 6 every day of the week
Of course the £50m for CL is only appearance money and TV money, it does not include gate receipts, merchandising, catering, advertising income etc.

So you could be looking at double that figure, I suppose.

The amount Tottenham earned from their Champions League run last year

"They picked up plenty of money for their efforts.

First up was a 12.7m euros participation bonus, then an £8.65m performance bonus. Next up was 6m euros for appearing in the last 16 and then a massive 33.952m euros from the market pool.

That totals up at a hefty 61.307m euros or £54.43m
"

Of course the £50m for CL is only appearance money and TV money, it does not include gate receipts, merchandising, catering, advertising income etc.

So you could be looking at double that figure, I suppose.

The amount Tottenham earned from their Champions League run last year

"They picked up plenty of money for their efforts.

First up was a 12.7m euros participation bonus, then an £8.65m performance bonus. Next up was 6m euros for appearing in the last 16 and then a massive 33.952m euros from the market pool.

That totals up at a hefty 61.307m euros or £54.43m
"

Very true, the gate receipts for 8 matches will beef that money up, as well as the sponsorship deals struck because of our participation in the Champions League, TV money etc. It's so much more important than the FA Cup or League Cup. It probably makes us around £90m-£100m a season when you look at the other factors that come with it

Back
Top Bottom