Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After England's performance at the Euros down to too many Spurs bottlers, I look forward to England being let down by Spurs players withdrawing.
Btw, had to laugh at a caller on the Radio saying "Jordan Henderson? You may as well pick Dickie Henderson."
How us old bastards laughed.

Laugh I might but wait for it

yoda-quote-1-picture-quote-1.jpg

Sky promoting their forthcoming league games, all the matches to be broadcast have a picture of a player from both teams except the nld which just shows one of their idiots.

It's little things like this that irritate.......

Kane, Alli, Rose & Poch all 'appearing to be near to exit door' got to love click bait terminology

Our friends in the written media are at it again. Some load of bollocks about Man United & PSG in a tug of war for Poch !
This morning's newspaper briefing:
"Sorry boss, got totally lashed again last night... missed the deadline for the morning Gossip column..."

"No worries, just say Something something Dele/Kane/Erisken... add Barca/Real/Man Utd... throw in another player would like it to happen, and bingo. The story writes itself!"

"Thanks boss"
"Don't mention it Son"

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi wants the club to move for Tottenhammidfielder Dele Alli, 21, before Real Madrid do. (Don Balon - in Spanish)

This morning's newspaper briefing:
"Sorry boss, got totally lashed again last night... missed the deadline for the morning Gossip column..."

"No worries, just say Something something Dele/Kane/Erisken... add Barca/Real/Man Utd... throw in another player would like it to happen, and bingo. The story writes itself!"

"Thanks boss"
"Don't mention it Son"

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi wants the club to move for Tottenhammidfielder Dele Alli, 21, before Real Madrid do. (Don Balon - in Spanish)

Just brought this up on the radio. Cue the usual story of spurs having to win a trophy this year to keep them.

So does Klopp then. Jesus wept. I think the media are more obsessed about it than we are. We KNOW we're in it for the long haul though so that might have something to do with it.

Couldn't agree more with your Klopp comment. Very little achieved and yet seemingly no pressure to achieve from the media!
Poch and the team doing a great job and I know it's only a matter of time!
First time poster btw so be gentle!

The only thing that annoys me in the media and from other fans is when our performances are dismissed. It's always because the opposition underperforms or or are in a run of bad form. It's never because Spurs are good.

All I heard after the Madrid win was how poor Madrid were, how much space they were giving us at the back, how off form they are etc. Beating Hull and Leicester and putting 7 and 6 past them is because they don't care and no one had anything to play for etc

The rest I can ignore but when it's clearly bollocks like that, it's just a little annoying. It wouldn't surprise me if it pisses Pochettino off too. Judging by his book, he reads into stuff like that and it wouldn't surprise me if all this frustration is built into the team and why we are so good.

Back
Top Bottom