Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't wait to listen to football weekly. They have barely talked about us all season, and that's ok. This will be tough for them.
Apparently…
w89i5BE.jpg

Apparently…
w89i5BE.jpg
"Nothing to see here, folks. The media's punching-bag club is now the Prem's form team, within touching distance of a top four spot. That's right, nothing to see, much less cover... Yes, our darling club Liverpool is stumbling along to a mid-table finish, but they're far more newsworthy than that sad sack club Tottenham Hotspur. Did you see they beat Wimbledon today? Surely they're a lock for the double this season. Oh, have you heard? Stevie Gerrard - the Prem's Greatest Of All Time player - is now retiring to the MLS, so we're stopping the presses for the third night in a row in order to rush that story out. Tottenham could jump to fourth place this weekend, but we're still convinced they'll end up in a relegation battle, so we're not going to cover it if they do leap-frog Southampton. After all, Pochettino is a dead man walking; surely there are only days left before Levy sells Lloris and then sacks Pochettino in retaliation! Yes, that's right. All in the plot for this season, that's right. Our star writer has started working on a draft for Redknapp's inevitable and heroic return. He's the only man that can save them from relegation, surely."

Last edited:
"Nothing to see here, folks. The media's punching-bag club is now the Prem's form team, within touching distance of a top four spot. That's right, nothing to see, much less cover... Yes, our darling club Liverpool is stumbling along to a mid-table finish, but they're far more newsworthy than that sad sack club Tottenham Hotspur. Did you see they beat Wimbledon today? Surely they're a lock for the double this season. Oh, have you heard? Stevie Gerrard - the Prem's Greatest Of All Time player - is now retiring to the MLS, so we're stopping the presses for the third night in a row in order to rush that story out. Tottenham could jump to fourth place this weekend, but we're still convinced they'll end up in a relegation battle, so we're not going to cover it if they do leap-frog Southampton. After all, Pochettino is a dead man walking; surely there are only days left before Levy sells Lloris and then sacks Pochettino in response! Yes, that's right. All in the plot for this season, that's right. Our star writer has started working on a draft for Redknapp's inevitable and heroic return. He's the only man that can save them from relegation, surely."

Football weekly hardly ever discuss our games at length, and when they do it's either through the lens of our opposition, or with a very condescending tone. Unless we've got smashed. Then they go to town on how badly fucked the club is from top to bottom.

Just listened to this week's football weekly and, contrary to my last post, they do at least give us some credit. However it's a bit annoying that it takes a completely freak result against Chelsea for this to happen!

Football weekly hardly ever discuss our games at length, and when they do it's either through the lens of our opposition, or with a very condescending tone. Unless we've got smashed. Then they go to town on how badly fucked the club is from top to bottom.

They rarely seem to watch any games that aren't televised on Sky or BT so that's all they can talk about in any detail.

Is it really that important to you to have Paul Merson give us some praise? I'm having more fun reading how far off he is when he tries to predict any of our results...
I've noticed on Soccer Saturday when he (Merson) is in the company of Stelling and Co, he is quite obviously out of his depth, not only in stats/info/comments but also just trying to string a sentence of more than half a dozen words together. He seems almost scared to say anything in case it is jumped on by the other pundits, I use the word loosely, but when he is on the show with the other presenter, can't think of his name, he turns into a real cocky patronising nasty Cunt. It is so obvious he hates the guy, just shows his lack of professionalism.
There are so many other better qualified, proffesional, unbiased ex pros out there, I just don't get why Sky give the odious little Cunt the time of day.

I've noticed on Soccer Saturday when he (Merson) is in the company of Stelling and Co, he is quite obviously out of his depth, not only in stats/info/comments but also just trying to string a sentence of more than half a dozen words together. He seems almost scared to say anything in case it is jumped on by the other pundits, I use the word loosely, but when he is on the show with the other presenter, can't think of his name, he turns into a real cocky patronising nasty Cunt. It is so obvious he hates the guy, just shows his lack of professionalism.
There are so many other better qualified, proffesional, unbiased ex pros out there, I just don't get why Sky give the odious little Cunt the time of day.

He's basically only on Soccer Saturday as light relief...

Just listened to this week's football weekly and, contrary to my last post, they do at least give us some credit.
I wasn't listening super closely, but I think all the credit came from Glendenning, who was impressed with Townsend. Richardson started sentences with praised before adding "but"--plus he repeated the "Chelsea is tired" chestnut, despite the fact that we've had more fixtures and don't score two in the first half and declare nearly every match.

Plus, thy decided we are selling Hugo.

I like the show, mind. But I'd go nuts if this sort of slighting actually bothered me any.

Back
Top Bottom