Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No nominations for Poch as manager of the Year in a list where even Wenger gets a shout.
This fucking infuriates me
mauvais-joueur.gif

Just a mental bit of reporting. How on earth has klop and Koeman get the same mark as Pochettino. Even Liverpool and Everton fans would recognise that as Deluded shite.
Phil McNulty needs stringing up:
Invite him onto the THF Podcast and ask him why he hates Spurs and Poch!

Neighbour of mine who works with McNumpty tells me he's an Everton fan. That explains one thing at least. Must be particularly tough for Toffees who hovered around at our level for so long, before Poch came along and we left them for dead.

Gave my neighbour a detailed run-down of my grievances and instructed him to pass them on to "Phil" at his earliest convenience.

:parker:

I hesitate to put this under Media Bias. It's more media incompetence, but I just read TalkSport's "statistical strongest 11" and it's unbelievably laughable. I'm seriously amused at how they could release this with a straight face.

[formation=343, Pickford, Otamendi, Van Dijk, Kolarov, Victor Moses, De Bruyne, Pogba, Marcus Alonso, Zaha, Sanchez, Hazard][/formation]

The ONLY players that have any claim to be on that list are Sanchez, Hazard, and Marcus Alonso. Van Dijk had a good season by all accounts, but what the fuck kind of "statistics" could they possibly be basing this list off of?

I hesitate to put this under Media Bias. It's more media incompetence, but I just read TalkSport's "statistical strongest 11" and it's unbelievably laughable. I'm seriously amused at how they could release this with a straight face.

[formation=343, Pickford, Otamendi, Van Dijk, Kolarov, Victor Moses, De Bruyne, Pogba, Marcus Alonso, Zaha, Sanchez, Hazard][/formation]

The ONLY players that have any claim to be on that list are Sanchez, Hazard, and Marcus Alonso. Van Dijk had a good season by all accounts, but what the fuck kind of "statistics" could they possibly be basing this list off of?
OTA-FUCKING-MENDI

:dembelelol::walker-scream::levylol::pochfacepalm::sonlol::vert::tobyarm::adewtf::avbcringe::avbmad::avbshock::sandroscream::dawsonlol::capouestare::avbfu::avbfacepalm::bentley::bmj::gazza::freund::gallashmm::harrylol::king:

not ONE Spurs payer?? ...am I missing something here??
It's SO blatant its almost laughable...
As the old exam adage goes; if you're gonna cheat, DON'T give yourself 100% ...that merely draws attention to it you fool... Give yourself at mist 75-80%... that way, no one notices!
They couldn't even bring themselves to includeone.... ONE Spurs player!
FOR SHAME!

To be fair it's hard to watch football in Braille

This is less media bias and more 'dickhead wannabe mis-reports fair assessment of our season'.

Spurs’ late capitulation in the title race saw their mentality criticised, but Savage has refused to accept them as ‘bottlers’, having won nine of their ten games at the business end of the season.

In his latest column for the Mirror, the pundit delivered a glowing verdict on Tottenham’s season, giving them a five star rating out of five for their efforts.

He said: “They were a washout in Europe, but Spurs were the only side to give Chelsea a run for their money in the title race and I’m not having any nonsense that they ‘bottled it.’

That's put a smile on my face.

I never understand a media personality complaining about getting shit from people on twitter.

They choose to be on there to give the general public the ability to message them as it furthers their own careers to do so - if it didn't they wouldn't be on it, at least not publicly.

I never understand a media personality complaining about getting shit from people on twitter.

They choose to be on there to give the general public the ability to message them as it furthers their own careers to do so - if it didn't they wouldn't be on it, at least not publicly.
Hiding behind abuse card is pathetic IMO. Her comment was completely unprofessional, no way does she leave job because fan abuse on Twitter.

So here's Gary Neville's response:
A Scandalous response to a nothing comment. Not helped by other presenters in the TV world sticking the knife in...
Two things immediately strike me here:

1) what's a PAID PROFESSIONAL doing making a "Nothing comment"? She's paid to offer PROFESSIONAL opinion, not make a "nothing comment"

...and 2) ...if she is paid to simply be a pair of tits and make nothing comments, then her employers need to look at their recruitment criteria!

...and if it's not either of the above, then Gary Neville clearly just fancies her, and doesn't like the idea of Iain Dowie getting the gig next season!

So here's Gary Neville's response:

Two things immediately strike me here:

1) what's a PAID PROFESSIONAL doing making a "Nothing comment"? She's paid to offer PROFESSIONAL opinion, not make a "nothing comment"

...and 2) ...if she is paid to simply be a pair of tits and make nothing comments, then her employers need to look at their recruitment criteria!

...and if it's not either of the above, then Gary Neville clearly just fancies her, and doesn't like the idea of Iain Dowie getting the gig next season!

She was rightly called out on her comments. It wasn't just us Spurs fans, plenty of decent journalists pointed out that calling us a 'bottle job' was wrong. She didn't have her contract renewed because she clearly wasn't up to the job. Get a female presenter who knows her football.

Back
Top Bottom