Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTD at it again - in the edited post match interviews Poch was the only manager to be asked about keeping the squad together and selling players. So blatant.

Cuntwatch Update - Phil McNulty: Premier League end-of-season report

Top work by the BBC's chief football writer. Having predicted Spurs would finish outside the CL places at the start of the season, he awards Pochettino 7/10 (same as he gives half the managers in the division) for coming second with the highest goals scored and fewest conceded. Plus the obligatory "if they can keep the squad together" post script.

Conte gets 9/10 for miraculously alchemising his billion-quid squad into good players.

:eriksenserious:

This is pure fucking mental

Only one nomination for player of the Year Ali
No nominations for Poch as manager of the Year in a list where even Wenger gets a shout.

The only field that Tottenham feature heavily is flop of the Year with Sissoko (they might have a point there)

The guardian total ignorance of what Tottenham has achieved is breathtaking.

Premier League 2016-17 season review: our writers’ best and worst

No nominations for Poch as manager of the Year in a list where even Wenger gets a shout.

The only field that Tottenham feature heavily is flop of the Year with Sissoko (they might have a point there)

Can't believe how they are talking up Contes impact at Chelsea as if he's pulled off some miracle of turning a mid table side into champions!

He's a great manager, don't get me wrong, but everyone at the start of the season had Chelsea down among the favourites to win the league especially as they had no Europe. So it can't both be expected and a miraculous impact!

What Poch has achieved is far more impressive. In fact baring a few too many draws we've been better than Chelsea in almost every stat and that's while juggling Europe and having persistent key injuries all season. What issues has Conte had to over come? Pretty much a full, fresh multi million pound squad to pick from weekend to weekend. If he hadn't challenged for the title there'd be something seriously wrong.

His team of the week is usually laughable, but even in his "team of the season" Garth Crooks can't resist a few little digs either....
Garth Crooks' team of the season: Kane, Alli, Sanchez, Hazard, Coutinho, Courtois, Conte
The review of Alderweireld's season is particularly bad - one line of praise and 4 paragraphs selling him (and Pochettino) to Barcelona!
:pochfacepalm:

I disregarded this load of old toss the minute i saw Coutinho and Sanchez in there over Eriksen.

Crooks has some huge salty chip on his shoulder for some reason. Someone who knows their history will probably be able to tell me why.

I suppose we look to him as he's one of very few ex Spurs pros working as an established pundit, but he has no preference for us and he shows it regularly.

Fuck em all anyway.....

We have had an absolutely outstanding week (albeit one with no real bearing on the outcome of anything "important").

With most of the major talking points already sewn up the lazy hacks and pundits are scrambling to clutch at any narrative they can to inject some drama into the last day of the season, and all they found was a non event of a top 4 battle.

We dont need their praise to know what we are. The journos i have respect for know what an achievement this season has been for us and i'm sure we'll see some less reactionary pieces come out in the weeks ahead. The ones that continue to allow themselves to be influenced by an outdated agenda can go fuck themselves.

Guarinad is diehard Woolwich paper, always has been due to their Islington roots. Wouldn't expect any praise for us there.

Hmmm this 'got to win a trophy' stuff only started after Chelsea at home iirc.

In October there were a few journalists questioning the managers position.

No one questioned Woolwich in that 10 year period where they won zip. It's only recently Wenger realised no one took the FA Cup seriously anymore and they seemed to get fairly easy runs in the competition. Comparing our seasons I'm happy to have a least given the league a go.

Top work by the BBC's chief football writer. Having predicted Spurs would finish outside the CL places at the start of the season, he awards Pochettino 7/10 (same as he gives half the managers in the division) for coming second with the highest goals scored and fewest conceded. Plus the obligatory "if they can keep the squad together" post script.

Conte gets 9/10 for miraculously alchemising his billion-quid squad into good players.

McNumpty is as much of a clown as Bravo.

Some random poster there took the trouble to rate all the managers, his version is infinitely better

72.Posted by umpteenth_time_user save 606
My more accurate ratings, cup competitions included.
Conte 9
Pochettino 9
Guardiola 4
Klopp 6
Wenger 4
Mourinho 5
Koeman 7
Puel 6
Howe 9
Pulis 7
Bilic 5
Ranieri 2, Shakespeare 6
Hughes 4
Pardew 3, Allardyce 8
Guidolin 4, Bradley 2, Paul Clement 8
Dyche 8
Mazzarri 3
Phelan 4, Silva 7
Karanka 4, Agnew 2
Moyes 1

I'd put Bilic lower than a 5
2 good home performances all season. If they hadnt had 3 jammy 1-0's around December they would have been right in the relegation battle pretty much all season.

Not perfect, but the Indie at least gave a slating to Pep, Moaninho, and Whinger.

Premier League manager power rankings: All 20 coaches ranked

I think we can finally put this one to bed now can't we?
alcohol-addiction-broken-bottles.png

Yep.

And Klopp also gets 7/10. Just let that sink in for a moment.

It's times like this that I'm glad the Guardian is dying a slow death.

BBC: "You'll finish 5th, Poch"

* we finish 2nd, 8 points clear of third *

BBC: "Meh, average"

Finishing 3 places ahead of prediction is the same/similar to finishing 4 of 5 place below.... :pochserious:

At least we have the only manager that won't give a shit about any of this......the BBC probably bumped up Mourinho, Guardiola and Klopp after running the ratings past their agents.........all about perception rather than results with them :pochshock:

Back
Top Bottom