Media Bias

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

14 were convicted of manslaughter, which I don’t know if it exists in Civil law countries, and received sentences up to 5 years. The Belgian courts then increased it to 11.
The thing that amazes me is when they were drawn against Juve in IIRC 2008 their fans made a banner “Amizicata” (I think it means friendship)
Surely the word should be sorry?
At club level, Juventus has accepted Liverpool's approach to apologize. Unfortunately no one will ever give us those people's lives back. Perhaps the best thing is to remember the dead but put a stone on the hooligans. To me the word Liverpool will always remember Heysel.

Register to remove

"We deserve to win this"

code for

"We are expected to win this, and we're all terrified of that level of expectation and blowing it"
What makes them think they deserve to win this? Based on what, the fact that they DIDN'T win the league? And what if Spurs play their best game ever; run rings around the Dips for 90 minutes and win 3-0. Would they still be saying they deserved it? Apparently losing out to City again has scrambled their brain cells. Bus wrecking bastards. ... Go on Spurs.

What makes them think they deserve to win this? Based on what, the fact that they DIDN'T win the league? And what if Spurs play their best game ever; run rings around the Dips for 90 minutes and win 3-0. Would they still be saying they deserved it? Apparently losing out to City again has scrambled their brain cells. Bus wrecking bastards. ... Go on Spurs.
They appear to think they deserved to win the league every season for the past thirty years as well. Just self-entitled I guess.

It will be interesting to see if the Media run with the 'destiny' 'redemption' 'deserve to win' narrative this time next year for us, if WE somehow managed/DARED to make a second consecutive Final...!!

...or would it be the usual "Poch STILL hasn't won anything/Spurs are still Spursy" soundbites??

LLB Part Deux

Armchair fan. I fucking love armchairs.
Can someone point me in the direction of some stories that give us credit for another year of CL and being arguably the better team in this years final despite no signing for a year and a half?

All I seem to be able to find is speculation on Poch's future and puff pieces on a Liverpool side we nullified for 90% of the final.

14 were convicted of manslaughter, which I don’t know if it exists in Civil law countries, and received sentences up to 5 years. The Belgian courts then increased it to 11.
26 Liverpool fans were charged with manslaughter.
14 were convicted.
7 were given prison sentences.
On appeal that 7 became 11.

Not one of those actually imprisoned served more than 12 months inside.

Register to remove

Top Bottom