Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't really know where to put this

What 9 were they? 9/15 is statistically significant, but if it was a bunch of away matches against top 6 teams that would make more sense.

Tangent, but the way that entire incident went down, its pretty clear Dean said something out of line. Poch shouldn't have confronted Dean even if the corner decision led to the first goal, but if Dean said something to Poch that got him and Perez that riled up I don't think it was innocuous.

What 9 were they? 9/15 is statistically significant, but if it was a bunch of away matches against top 6 teams that would make more sense.

Tangent, but the way that entire incident went down, its pretty clear Dean said something out of line. Poch shouldn't have confronted Dean even if the corner decision led to the first goal, but if Dean said something to Poch that got him and Perez that riled up I don't think it was innocuous.

These are our last 3 losses from this season that he's reffed in:

Burnley (A) - Lost 2-1 (Blatant red card for Bardsley)
Man Utd (H) - Lost 1-0 (Blatant red card for Pogba)
Woolwich (A) - Lost 4-2 (Sent off Vertonghen)

I also remember him reffing the NLD last season in which he gave them a free kick for Davinson Sanchez getting the ball, which they scored from.

These are our last 3 losses from this season that he's reffed in:

Burnley (A) - Lost 2-1 (Blatant red card for Bardsley)
Man Utd (H) - Lost 1-0 (Blatant red card for Pogba)
Woolwich (A) - Lost 4-2 (Sent off Vertonghen)

I also remember him reffing the NLD last season in which he gave them a free kick for Davinson Sanchez getting the ball, which they scored from.

He also gave Sonny a very dubious penalty. I don't think he particularly sets out to wrong us, that ain't my beef with him. It's that everytime he is in charge of our match inevitably he makes himself a talking point with the decisions he makes. Howard Webb & Clattenburg were the other ones. Just had a power wielding arrogance about how they officiated matches. Little wannabe sergeant majors the lot of 'em

He also gave Sonny a very dubious penalty. I don't think he particularly sets out to wrong us, that ain't my beef with him. It's that everytime he is in charge of our match inevitably he makes himself a talking point with the decisions he makes. Howard Webb & Clattenburg were the other ones. Just had a power wielding arrogance about how they officiated matches. Little wannabe sergeant majors the lot of 'em

Another ref, Michael Oliver does everything possible NOT to give us a penalty.

Well I'm sure the media are rubbing their hands at tonight...
Telling us ALL season we weren't in the Title race, then deciding on Saturday that we actually WERE... in perfect time to tell us we bottled it in 2 games against Burrrrrrnleh, and €H£L$£A!!

Let them have their fun!!

Sickening. BBC have a story titled "Tottenham Hotspur, it happened again". I'm seriously thinking of giving up vast amounts of the internet. I just don't see such crap about any other teams. We're still above both Chelsea and Woolwich and will remain so even if we lose on Saturday, but no, lets kick the underdog some more.

Sickening. BBC have a story titled "Tottenham Hotspur, it happened again". I'm seriously thinking of giving up vast amounts of the internet. I just don't see such crap about any other teams. We're still above both Chelsea and Woolwich and will remain so even if we lose on Saturday, but no, lets kick the underdog some more.

You should give up reading these reports. I did and you will find your sanity better for it!

Most pieces are contrived to be inflammatory, written by journalists who are either lazy, have an agenda or are just stupid. I would not listen to what they have to say to my face so why bother reading it?

Same with sky,bt or bbc don't listen to any of their pre or post match build up and analysis. Most are still blinkered to their own clubs or just repeat tired old cliches....all experts but the ones who have tried management have all failed.

Look at sky's soccer Saturday, it's turned into a little boys club, all in jokes and smug smirks. Then promoting gambling, no sense of responsibility, even though when one of their own nearly gambled his life away.

That Jeff stelling is one pompous arsehole, had to laugh when Hartlepool got relegated after what he said about Spurs fans abusing Campbell. What does he know about rivalry? He's a fucking Hartlepool fan!

Souness rips into Spurs? Don't care. Jenas praises Spurs? Don't care.

Just wish they had a button to mute the commentators so you can only hear crowd noise.

I feel sorry for Poch and the players who have to speak to these idiots, it must be draining!

The only views on Spurs I want to hear are from our manager, players and other fans, which is why I like this place. Don't care what Dave the wet spam thinks of us, or those attention seeking man babies on woolwich TV, or Matt le tessier.

This isn't an unbiased report from the BBC... it doesn't even try to give a reasoned account... in fact, it's positively REVELLING in our defeat!
Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham: How Spurs' title hopes were snuffed out once again

Interesting to note the BBC took their headline directly from a Chelsea chant last night...

I'm somewhat surprised they didn't choose to use another popular Chelsea chant of:
"Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz, Hitler's gonna gas 'em again" as their headline.... what's the matter, cat got your tongue?? Or have you got selective hearing??

FUCKING biased, agenda driven pricks!

Spurs who never spent a single day at the top of the league, spent 1 week in 2nd place somehow “bottled” the title. Yet if City go on and win it they will have pulled 10pts back on Liverpool who will inevitably, and more ironically will no doubt have been “robbed”
:dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom