Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has the Standard taken fake news to a whole new level? Fake results now seem to be the new thing

"Tottenham look like they are beginning to feel the strain in January, while 1-0 defeats to Chelsea and Manchester United in their last two games have left Spurs short of confidence - and players.

With Kane and Sissoko both missing on Sunday, Pochettino will be forced to shuffle his pack - and Fulham will sense a great chance to get a result"

Fulham vs Tottenham preview

LOL So, the consensus is Gareth Southgate is working on a "project" with England. He also has the job on his terms, he has control so it's likely he wouldn't want to leave that, he's worked hard in transforming England and he will feel he has unfinished business and he would want to see how far he can take England.

Where have we heard that before? Why don't those same things apply to Poch?

I watched this last night, absolutely fucking hilarious. Poch won't be able to resist the lure of the biggest club in the world - Southgate will be flattered but will want to finish the job with England. I almost put my foot through the TV. There's an 90% chance Southgate will bomb at Utd and they know it. Theres a world of difference between the 2 managers.

I watched this last night, absolutely fucking hilarious. Poch won't be able to resist the lure of the biggest club in the world - Southgate will be flattered but will want to finish the job with England. I almost put my foot through the TV. There's an 90% chance Southgate will bomb at Utd and they know it. Theres a world of difference between the 2 managers.
I rate Southgate and love the work he's doing for England. I think he's a perfect fit, being U21's Manager has enabled knowledge and trust with the younger players along with a consistent and uniform style of play can be controlled & nurtured too. The biggest element is, however, that the style of play he's adopted is also that where 80% of the pool of players come from also play this way. I think he's more of a mimic, that's no bad thing seeing that International Managers only get a few days with their squads each year.

To this end he doesn't own the style or philosophy that he plays, that belongs to the "real" managers working with their players on a daily basis.

I rate Southgate and love the work he's doing for England. I think he's a perfect fit, being U21's Manager has enabled knowledge and trust with the younger players along with a consistent and uniform style of play can be controlled & nurtured too. The biggest element is, however, that the style of play he's adopted is also that where 80% of the pool of players come from also play this way. I think he's more of a mimic, that's no bad thing seeing that International Managers only get a few days with their squads each year.

To this end he doesn't own the style or philosophy that he plays, that belongs to the "real" managers working with their players on a daily basis.

I agree he's done well with England, a breath of fresh air, hes purposely tried to move away from the old England utilising the younger talent but it was the right time to do so - the answers to the problem were obvious and expectations were low.

Giving him a plumb job at an elite club will be a gamble. Utd have a great squad but I won't fear them dominating us again anytime soon.

The one positive to come out of the Utd defeat might be the fact these clowns have all but moved on from Pochettino to Man Utd (well for now anyway) Utd have back their identity! Where will Utd finish now? OGS giving free reign on transfers after best start since Busby! OGS is basically doing his interview for full time job, and smashing it!
Are just some of the quotes used by the genius reporters at the minute.
Amazing how it all swings around in a very short space of time....

What the fuck is going on with Liverpool and Salah in particular? He is an absolute cunt!

Sorry but complaints need to be made at this point, I saw the dive as he did it and I assumed he had been booked for diving but they actually gave him another pen ffs! That's 5 pens for pool since Christmas, 4 of which were clear dives and one of which was soft as baby shit.

Look at this Twitter

That's from today, are people seriously telling me we don't have an issue with corruption or ineptitude with our officials in this league?

Liverpool are cheating their way to the title in the same way Leicester did and the officials are either corrupt or don't have the professionalism or the balls to do anything about it and make the correct decisions.

Pathetic.

What the fuck is going on with Liverpool and Salah in particular? He is an absolute cunt!

Sorry but complaints need to be made at this point, I saw the dive as he did it and I assumed he had been booked for diving but they actually gave him another pen ffs! That's 5 pens for pool since Christmas, 4 of which were clear dives and one of which was soft as baby shit.

Look at this Twitter

That's from today, are people seriously telling me we don't have an issue with corruption or ineptitude with our officials in this league?

Liverpool are cheating their way to the title in the same way Leicester did and the officials are either corrupt or don't have the professionalism or the balls to do anything about it and make the correct decisions.

Pathetic.
...and yet WE are perennial bottlers, which is far worse footballing crime appatently!

Sky now laying in to our lack of squad depth :dembelelol:

Impartiality of two Liverpool fans and the female gooner. Wonder if liverpool losing their top four scorers would be classed as a lack of depth or woefully unfortunate?:dembelefingers:

They’ve even managed to twist scoring a late winner into a terrible thing

Impartiality of two Liverpool fans and the female gooner. Wonder if liverpool losing their top four scorers would be classed as a lack of depth or woefully unfortunate?:dembelefingers:

Every squad would have depth issues if you removed the three top scorers and half of their available midfield.

Liverpool without Salah, Firmino, Mane plus a couple of midfielders
Woolwich without Lacazette, Aubemyang, and some other wankers
United without Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku
Chelsea without Hazard and whoever the else fuck is good in that dumpster fire now.
City are probably okay but less than ideal with Ageuro, Sterling, Sane and Fernindinho out.

People are fucking thick sometimes.

That female gooner.

Her face looked like a smacked arse.

That said, I'd like to smack her arse.

I swear, Jamie Redknapp is the biggest wanker of the lot: "I can't believe why they let Dembele go,..." Do these pundits even do any kind of research before they make such dumb statements. Just as well he isn't a chairman

Here we go... see if you can spot the difference in the way the BBC end their report on last night's game:

"What's next?
Both clubs turn their attention to the fourth round of the FA Cup. Chelsea entertain Championship side Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday (18:00 GMT), while Tottenham will look to avoid going out of another knockout tournament when they meet Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on the same day (16:00)."

It's subtle, it's invidious, it's everywhere

Back
Top Bottom