Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mrs has just put the 10 pm news on BBC announcing what is coming up he said '' and in football Liverpool make it through to the knockout stages of the CL ''

The BBC are utter , utter cunts.

Did we qualify? here's the Guardian's take away ....

Poor Walker-Peters. It was horrible to see how he disintegrated for the early goal; how he took a heavy touch just inside the Barcelona half, after a Spurs free-kick had been cleared and the ball headed back to him by Moussa Sissoko; how he was robbed by Dembélé and then brutally exposed by the forward’s searing pace.

The covering Harry Winks, who made a couple of first-half errors, threw himself into an all-or-nothing block only for Dembélé to step inside him and shoot low past Hugo Lloris. It was a finish of consummate class by a player who had been in the headlines for the wrong reasons after he reported two hours late for training on Sunday.

When Dembélé faced up Walker-Peters on halfway, the pitch suddenly looked like a big and scary place for the youngster. The France forward’s running style is so smooth that he appears to float over the turf. Walker-Peters, by contrast, was tied in knots. He would be booked shortly afterwards for a pull on Miranda. His chin was on the floor.

Spurs stabilised towards the midway point of the first half and they started to make promising inroads up the inside-left channel, although they struggled for their usual intensity before the interval.

It was one of those weird occasions when the result of a game in another country came to cast an increasingly lengthy shadow. While PSV led, the result here was rendered meaningless. For long spells, the atmosphere was rather flat, despite the efforts of the travelling fans to drive their team.

Well that seems fair and balanced ...... as for Liverpool ....

Perhaps it would be stretching the truth a little to say this victory for Liverpool be remembered among on the list of great European nights here. That, however, is only because the list is already so extensive and the jubilation at the final whistle told its own story. Liverpool had made it through and can be greatly encouraged by the way they handled a potentially treacherous night.

Utter, utter cunts ......

He's a proper Woolwich shit cunt, that one.

Even Robbie Savage felt obliged to defend our performance, so anti Spurs was Darke's usual content free, banal and repeatedly incorrect commentary.

The cunt.

Re-watched the last 20 mins, and Savage deserves some acknowledgement for simply saying ‘got to say...Spurs have been brilliant’.

I don’t like the guy, but in a thread like this, comments like that should be highlighted.

Re-watched the last 20 mins, and Savage deserves some acknowledgement for simply saying ‘got to say...Spurs have been brilliant’.

I don’t like the guy, but in a thread like this, comments like that should be highlighted.
I hate the guy, but a few times in the match he was pretty complimentary of our performance. I thought the gasms he was having in the build up to where Kane put Rose through were quite funny.

Nope. I've hated him ever since he pretended to be punched in the face to get Justin Edinburgh sent off in the League Cup Final in 1999

Dunno how to post a pic of the i sport headlines sorry but apparently we 'snuck in' (we did I guess but after our start it was gonna be that). The annoying part of the headline was that the dippers apparently 'sailed through'! #knobs

Basically, Spurs going to get shafted, now 1-0 down against the reserves, look now Busquets and Messi coming on, no chance now.
1-1, Spurs go through. Barca couldn’t be arsed and it was the reserves again (don’t worry that Messi came on anymore)

Some views in the media and oppo fans.
That’s fine.
However also sums up some of our online fans views.

Rarely read this thread, but thought I'd take a look a the last couple of pages. Can't believe how personally people take this kind of stuff. Who cares what these people think or say? Most of our media these days is outdated and becoming an irrelevance anyway. Look how the papers look to influence the politics in this country, and then look at the result of the last general election to see how what the situation they thought they could engineer didn't happen at all, with large sections of the public ignoring their bullshit. They don't matter anymore

Guillaum Ballague thinks we need an Mbappe signing?!

Reckon I could get these guys pretty cheap in January:

220px-Hanson-mmmbop.jpg

Back
Top Bottom