Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The best part of the TalkSport week is upon us: Ryan Mason making Dean Saunders sound like the biased & ignorant twat he is.:pochhail:

Why isn’t there an “angry as fuck but agree” button?
Are we not mentioned once in that article,?...regardless of the fact that 4 teams get into CL, articles ALWAYS spoke of top 4, & there is only 5 points between 1st & 4th...
But no, let’s talk about the 4 points between the top 3 & ignore the team that sits in 4th only a point behind.
I should know better, but it’s boiled my piss up good style. Cunts.
:angryscouser:
At least Poch gets a mention. For his record at Southampton
:pochsmirk:

Why isn’t there an “angry as fuck but agree” button?
Are we not mentioned once in that article,?...regardless of the fact that 4 teams get into CL, articles ALWAYS spoke of top 4, & there is only 5 points between 1st & 4th...
But no, let’s talk about the 4 points between the top 3 & ignore the team that sits in 4th only a point behind.
I should know better, but it’s boiled my piss up good style. Cunts.
:angryscouser:
At least Poch gets a mention. For his record at Southampton
:pochsmirk:
To be fair, at least they point out this little gem:
If you take the top five Premier League sides as a whole, they have won 19 out of the 20 meetings with the bottom five so far - with only Crystal Palace's 2-2 draw against Woolwich last month the exception

#Arsey!

Interested to see what happens if we beat Chelsea in 2 weeks time.

Would they then be considered out of the title race because they'd be below us?

My bet is the narrative will be rewritten (again) to incorporate a top 4 (or 5) whilst still ignoring little old Tottenham.

Most likely.

Plus that weekend you're likely to see Man Utd move up to 6th place so I am sure the BIG 6 will be mentioned again and emphasis on "Can Liverpool keep up with Man City?" even though they could potentially be level on points with us.

Most likely.

Plus that weekend you're likely to see Man Utd move up to 6th place so I am sure the BIG 6 will be mentioned again and emphasis on "Can Liverpool keep up with Man City?" even though they could potentially be level on points with us.

If we win our next two games and they draw their next two, we'll leapfrog them into 2nd but the headline would be "Can Liverpool go the season unbeaten".

If we win our next two games and they draw their next two, we'll leapfrog them into 2nd but the headline would be "Can Liverpool go the season unbeaten".

Which would be incredible from the media considering we'd have beaten Chelsea and Woolwich too.

Liverpool drawing their next 2 isn't out of the realms of possibility to be honest. Watford away will not be easy for them (Well it shouldn't be) and then they have Everton at home in the derby, who look a lot better this season than they have in recent years.

Which would be incredible from the media considering we'd have beaten Chelsea and Woolwich too.

Liverpool drawing their next 2 isn't out of the realms of possibility to be honest. Watford away will not be easy for them (Well it shouldn't be) and then they have Everton at home in the derby, who look a lot better this season than they have in recent years.

The Liverpool bias is real. Six weeks ago Daniel Sturridge with one kick of the ball against Chelsea created talking points like "is he the best natural English striker", whatever natural means. You had punters saying he had to be back in the England squad to challenge Kane.

Well Sturridge hasn't scored since, he's not in the England squad and he's just been charged for betting on his own team.

A lot people said we deserve to lose to Liverpool this season because they played better football despite us been denied a stonewall penalty at the death. I reiterate what’s your point.

The ‘fact’ was we were the best team over two seasons statistically (I know you like your stats) and aesthetically. They’ve been hating us long before that. Not long ago that list would have included Charlton, Villa and Ipswich.

Who cares if we play better? The same mob who are now complaining that we look shite despite having our best ever PL start open a poll on which you’d prefer. Keep performing what does that mean? Only win or lovely football or what

We deserved nothing? That’s your opinion others might say we deserved more, opinions like arseholes yadda yadda.

A lot of people on here still keep saying that the Dippers wiped the floor with us that day

Read some of the replies I’ve received in the last few days

Absolutely ridiculous

We don’t need a bad press with alleged fans like that

Back
Top Bottom