Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could see how Spurs, mostly Spurs fans, could become a hate figure during the title chasing of Leicester and Chelsea.

Alot of fans, the entitleds, were giving it the big "We deserved to win the league!" , "We play the better football!" , "No one has performed better over the last two calendar years". and blaming everyone else as opposed to admitting we probably just weren't good enough in the end.

Not that I particularly care if anyone likes us. Why should we?

I could see how Spurs, mostly Spurs fans, could become a hate figure during the title chasing of Leicester and Chelsea.

Alot of fans, the entitleds, were giving it the big "We deserved to win the league!" , "We play the better football!" , "No one has performed better over the last two calendar years". and blaming everyone else as opposed to admitting we probably just weren't good enough in the end.

Not that I particularly care if anyone likes us. Why should we?
Not sure what you’re on about: There were a few ‘we deserve to win the league’ but there’s always a few of everybody knocking about, there are more Liverpool deserves (insert honour) than us.
We did play the better football
Over that period we were the best team over the two seasons
I don’t remember blaming anyone but ourselves for not beating West Brom/ Chelsea
I remember several managers saying they prefer Foxes win the league before their team capitulated to the aforementioned outfit from Leicester

Not sure what you’re on about: There were a few ‘we deserve to win the league’ but there’s always a few of everybody knocking about, there are more Liverpool deserves (insert honour) than us.
We did the better football
Over that period we were the best team over the two seasons
I don’t remember blaming anyone but ourselves for not beating West Brom/ Chelsea
I remember several managers saying they prefer Foxes win the league before their team capitulated to the aforementioned outfit from Leicester

But everyone hates Liverpool. That's my point.

Who cares if we played better football? A lot of Spurs fans were saying we deserved to win the league on the basis of playing better football than Leicester, who got more points than us, won more games than us and lost less than us. We deserved nothing.

It's stuff like saying "we were the best team over two seasons" that people dislike. Fact? Yes we probably were if you look at the stats. What have we got to show for it? Nothing. So it's a pointless stat that shouldn't be gloated over.

We were a great side that fell short on more than one occasion. I don't think we are a particularly likeable club and personally, I couldn't care less. Keep performing on the pitch and finally WIN things and we'll be even more unlikeable.

Is its really a Yid thing?
Sadly, I think it's something that's always bubbled (not that far) under the surface...
2015/16 gave the entire Country a reason to turn against us because WE were rivalling Leicester for the title, and the only club who genuinely could've ruined the Fairytale...
But the hatred that many found so easy to muster up that year, was borne of something more sinister, and has been there for a lot longer than simply the modern era of The Premier League!

That hatred for Liverpool isn’t as universal you state

Who cares if we played better football? A lot of Spurs fans were saying we deserved to win the league on the basis of playing better football than Leicester, who got more points than us, won more games than us and lost less than us. We deserved nothing.

It's stuff like saying "we were the best team over two seasons" that people dislike. Fact? Yes we probably were if you look at the stats. What have we got to show for it? Nothing. So it's a pointless stat that shouldn't be gloated over.

We were a great side that fell short on more than one occasion. I don't think we are a particularly likeable club and personally, I couldn't care less. Keep performing on the pitch and finally WIN things and we'll be even more unlikeable.
A lot people said we deserve to lose to Liverpool this season because they played better football despite us been denied a stonewall penalty at the death. I reiterate what’s your point.

The ‘fact’ was we were the best team over two seasons statistically (I know you like your stats) and aesthetically. They’ve been hating us long before that. Not long ago that list would have included Charlton, Villa and Ipswich.

Who cares if we play better? The same mob who are now complaining that we look shite despite having our best ever PL start open a poll on which you’d prefer. Keep performing what does that mean? Only win or lovely football or what

We deserved nothing? That’s your opinion others might say we deserved more, opinions like arseholes yadda yadda.

Ultimately, like yourself I don't seek external validation...

However, I just find that baffling considering our financially ethical model and the love that teams like S'oton, Burnley & B'mouth comparatively get the moment they start punching above their weight...

Exciting football (maybe not yet this year)... A core of academy/homegrown/birtish players propelling our progress... Furnishing England with some of their current finest... Yet there no reluctance to heap praise on City (e.g.)

We weren't hated when we were shit... Now we have the temerity to challenge the establishment, our fellow also-rans 'side' with the establishment.... Whilst, as pretentious as it may sound, we could (ought to?) serve as an inspiration to the mid-tablers.

Just doesn't add up.

I mean (again).... Brighton? ....Seriously???? :llorishuh:

A lot people said we deserve to lose to Liverpool this season because they played better football despite us been denied a stonewall penalty at the death. I reiterate what’s your point.

The ‘fact’ was we were the best team over two seasons statistically (I know you like your stats) and aesthetically. They’ve been hating us long before that. Not long ago that list would have included Charlton, Villa and Ipswich.

Who cares if we play better? The same mob who are now complaining that we look shite despite having our best ever PL start open a poll on which you’d prefer. Keep performing what does that mean? Only win or lovely football or what

We deserved nothing? That’s your opinion others might say we deserved more, opinions like arseholes yadda yadda.

My point is NO one likes Liverpool because their fans are entitled and think they deserve things they don't deserve. A bit like a lot of Spurs fans.

Best team over two seasons wins us what exactly? We would be fucking laugh at Woolwich fans if they kept coming back to us with "Oh, well we have been the best team STATISTICALLY over two seasons" - that shit is just hilarious. It's embarrassing. We were so good over two seasons, yet have zero to show for it.

What do you think we deserved and why? In football, especially LEAGUE football you win what you deserve. Simple as that. We deserved to qualify for the Champions League, that's it. We weren't good enough to win the title and haven't been for decades. The fact some fans think we did and still harp on about it like it's some sort of achievement is just reminiscent of those down the road and probably why Spurs as a club is hated, because of the fans.

Ultimately, like yourself I don't seek external validation...

However, I just find that baffling considering our financially ethical model and the love that teams like S'oton, Burnley & B'mouth comparatively get the moment they start punching above their weight...

Exciting football (maybe not yet this year)... A core of academy/homegrown/birtish players propelling our progress... Furnishing England with some of their current finest... Yet there no reluctance to heap praise on City (e.g.)

We weren't hated when we were shit... Now we have the temerity to challenge the establishment, our fellow also-rans 'side' with the establishment.... Whilst, as pretentious as it may sound, we could (ought to?) serve as an inspiration to the mid-tablers.

Just doesn't add up.

I mean (again).... Brighton? ....Seriously???? :llorishuh:

Brighton was the confusing one for me - They weren't even in the league when we were going up against Leicester (which I think a lot of our hate stems from). A lot of people hate Dele Alli too and we all know their feelings on Harry Kane (one season wonder, doesnt do it against big clubs etc.) so that'll go against the club too.

We weren't hated when we were shit because we were shit. People didn't tend to hate us under Redknapp either, but that's because we weren't really doing much but play good football, and we had very likeable players in Parker, King, Lennon, Bale etc. - under Poch, we're a bit dirtier, we dive but more importantly, which others hate, we WIN games and for the first time under the Premier League bracket, we are considered a threat.

My point is NO one likes Liverpool because their fans are entitled and think they deserve things they don't deserve. A bit like a lot of Spurs fans.

Best team over two seasons wins us what exactly? We would be fucking laugh at Woolwich fans if they kept coming back to us with "Oh, well we have been the best team STATISTICALLY over two seasons" - that shit is just hilarious. It's embarrassing. We were so good over two seasons, yet have zero to show for it.

What do you think we deserved and why? In football, especially LEAGUE football you win what you deserve. Simple as that. We deserved to qualify for the Champions League, that's it. We weren't good enough to win the title and haven't been for decades. The fact some fans think we did and still harp on about it like it's some sort of achievement is just reminiscent of those down the road and probably why Spurs as a club is hated, because of the fans.
No-one like Liverpool is a laughable comment, I don’t get the attraction myself but they have far more admirers than I care to acknowledge.

You’re all over the place here it’s either you care or don’t care what others think because we realise we were the best team over two years and I’d laugh at the Gooners just because they are.

You’re sounding like the blue racist fans about us and trophies. Win what you deserve is as trite an assertion as decisions even themselves out.

No-one like Liverpool is a laughable comment, I don’t get the attraction myself but they have far more admirers than I care to acknowledge.

You’re all over the place here it’s either you care or don’t care what others think because we realise we were the best team over two years and I’d laugh at the Gooners just because they are.

You’re sounding like the blue racist fans about us and trophies. Win what you deserve is as trite an assertion as decisions even themselves out.

Have to disagree about Liverpool, in my experience, if you don't support them, you hate them. Every lines up to laugh at them when they fail, everyone takes joy in that, fans unite. It's cause of pricks like Phil Thompson, Mickey Quinn, John Aldridge etc pricks the lot of them, unprofessional hypocrites.

They have a lot of fans, sure. But if you don't support Liverpool, you hate them. They're insufferable, entitled fans are the reason we hate the club.

All over the place with what? I don't care what others think of us. You seem to be one of those happy enough to shout from the rooftops "WE WERE THE BEST TEAM OVER TWO SEASONS AND WON NOTHING". So i'll end the conversation here.

They have a lot of fans, sure. But if you don't support Liverpool, you hate them. They're insufferable, entitled fans are the reason we hate the club.

All over the place with what? I don't care what others think of us. You seem to be one of those happy enough to shout from the rooftops "WE WERE THE BEST TEAM OVER TWO SEASONS AND WON NOTHING". So i'll end the conversation here.
In our history we’ve never been a club of consistent trophy hauls and you’re dam right I’ll shout from the rooftops about being better than most over two seasons because I remember what being a proper laughing stock is on and off the pitch.
I punched the air today as Prichard scored against Fabianski COYS!!!

Last edited:

Didn't know where to put this as it isn't really media bias.

But I love it

Depends how you view rivals in a monetary sense we can’t touch City,United or Chelsea on the field with a fully fit squad City would still be above us the rest Mm.....I’d say we could hold our own but in terms of location,London we’ve the 3 mentioned but where Leicester,Southampton ect are coming from I’m not sure?

Depends how you view rivals in a monetary sense we can’t touch City,United or Chelsea on the field with a fully fit squad City would still be above us the rest Mm.....I’d say we could hold our own but in terms of location,London we’ve the 3 mentioned but where Leicester,Southampton ect are coming from I’m not sure?

Southampton through Hoddle, Bale, Poch, Alderweireld etc. I imagine?

A bit like how Liverpool is 1st on their rivalry list.

I don't really care about being liked, but half the league treating their games against us as a derby is tiring.

Southampton? Is that because we took Poch? Fair enough I guess.

Man City? I guess they need to manufacture some rivalries somehow. Even Man Utd scarcely seem interested.

Have to disagree about Liverpool, in my experience, if you don't support them, you hate them. Every lines up to laugh at them when they fail, everyone takes joy in that, fans unite. It's cause of pricks like Phil Thompson, Mickey Quinn, John Aldridge etc pricks the lot of them, unprofessional hypocrites.

Typically, I agree with this, but from my perspective there's tonnes of neutrals/3rd partys on the current love train... Again, presumably cos they've lapped up the media hype about how amazing they are and that they're the only righteous alternative to City walking the title again...

Nauseating how easily some sacrifice their own convictions on the basis of a bit of media spin (which of course transcends football in general).

The media seem to want to dig up a Spurs player, any Spurs player, every week ... today it's Hugo

Lloris leaves Tottenham with more questions than answers - Football365

Personally I think it's great, the old nobody likes us we don't care attitude, whilst they're giving us hate we know we're doing well and putting a spoke in their pre-season narrative ... how dare Spurs still be challenging the world famous Dippers ... long may it continue ...

Fucking hell ... I bet that Darren Perry is fun at parties ffs

Back
Top Bottom